The New Hair do and The Lucky Shirt

Jinnie's Choice
Please log in to read the full chapter

   It's been day 3 after the restaurant scene and Jinnie had skipped going to school. It was too early to face the music. But her mom, oh lord, she had had about enough with her moping around the house that she slammed open her bedroom door yesterday evening.

   Jinnie just tighten her grip on her blanket and wrapped herself with it. She was kind of surprise her mom would let her stayed in bed for 3 days straight. Sometimes, she just loved her mom so much.

   "That's enough, young lady."

   Jinnie's eyebrows rose. Oh snap, it's serious business when she used the terms 'young lady'. "Mom..."she whined.

   She felt her bed dipped across from her. "3 days is more than enough for you to cry your heart out. I'm pretty sure you ran out of tears since yesterday anyway."

   Damn, sometimes she hated her mom so much, especially when she's right. Jinnie did ran out of tears yesterday, she felt like she's already cried a year's worth of tears. That was when the cutting began.

   She heard her mom heaved a sigh. "Honey, it's not the end of the world. You can't stay in your room forever. You're still young, only 17. Your future is still long."

   Jinnie mumbled a few hmms under the blanket. Suddenly, her blanket flew away from her and she sat up immediately. "What was that for?" She yelled.

   Her mom took a step back involuntarily. Her hand raised towards Jinnie. "What happen to you hair?" She whispered.

   Jinnie consciou

Please log in to read the full chapter