The Breakup

Jinnie's Choice
Please log in to read the full chapter

   "What?" she whispered.

   Minho's eyes darted everywhere but her face. He unnecessarily cleared his throat a few times. He tried to stall but after it seemed like she won't say anything else, he sighed. "You heard me.."

   Jinnie continued to stare at him. She could see that the guy she loved was feeling uneasy, well, agitated to be exact. Did i make him uneasy? She questioned herself. But it didn't matter how he was feeling, because right now, she can't even described her own feelings. She felt her heart began to beat faster and faster with every breath she took. Oh damn, im gonna freak out, this can't be happening again, she thought.

   "Jinnie, listen to me" Minho grabbed her hands off the table. She tried to pull back but he kept trapping them in his large hands. "I don't know how, i don't know when, but before i knew it, my eyes kept searching for her, i kept wanting to talk to her, be closer to her. She made me laughed, she listened to me, but most of all, she made me feel wanted."

   Jinnie visibly flinched with every words he said. Only one thought kept running in her head, not again, not again.

   Minho sighed. "Im really sorry i hurt u, Jinnie. But i can't deny my own feelings anymore." he whispered.

   Jinnie wrenched her hands from his grasps, Minho wasn't expecting it. She felt her tears were threatening to come out any second now. She looked at him angrily, "Why? Why are u doing this to me again? How could you possibly do this again? Why are you doing this to me?" Her voice broke on the last word. She swiped her hand across her eyes. No, I will not cry over this, she thought to herself, not after what he did.

   "You asking me why?" Minho sat back on his chair, folding his arms on his chest. "How about you don't treat me well?"

   Jinnie snapped her head up. Both her eyes widened at the remarks. "I...didn't treat you well?"

   Minho nodded. "I didn't mean it like that. You see, what i meant was...you stopped treating me like when we first knew each other. You took me for granted. I never said anything, but deep inside, I was lonely. I missed you who always put me first." Minho slowly reached for her hands again. When Jinnie didn't pull back, he interlace their fingers together and brought them to his lips. "I was lonely, but I didn't blame you, I never did. But after certain times, when somebody new came and paid all these attention to me, I felt happy. I felt like I was needed. I felt so in love again."

   Jinnie couldn't say anything. She opened , but closed it again after realising nothing came out. Her heart beats faster and faster. She felt like she couldn't breathe properly. Every air that she inhaled didn't feel like they got into her lungs so she kept feeling like she's losing it. Please don't make me freak out now, she prayed silently. Don't let me make a scene in public, this is humiliating as it is, she chanted in her head.

   Minho sighed. "Jinnie..."

   Jinnie turned her attention to Minho, the guy that she loved with all her heart, the guy that has been with her for 4 years, the guy that had left her once, and now this guy had hurt her again. "You cant do t

Please log in to read the full chapter