End.

Read Me (Tell Me Apart)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

While it isn't as rowdy as the kindergarten Hoseok works in, or as lively as the bar Taehyung sings in, Seokjin still thrives in the silent serenity of the national library.

 

When applying for the job, Seokjin had printed out the application form. He had filled out the simple questions first; his name, his gender, his date of birth, his address, his email, his number, his preferred contact, his preferred method of payment, and so forth.

 

It had seemed strange that there had been a page left untouched though he had been sure that he had filled out all, both necessary and random details about himself.

 

The mystery page, after deliberating about whether or not it had actually been a part of the application process, had 5 questions, each equipped with 5 bubbles, indications of how strongly you felt about the question.

 

Question 1: Do you like books?

 

Easy enough, he supposes, shading the fifth bubble.

 

Question 2: Are you organised?

 

Seokjin nods to himself. After all, Taehyung is certainly not the one who cleans up after himself.

 

Question 3: Do you have a high-level of computer-competency?

 

Well, he can use it well enough to hand up perfectly fine assignments, so he doesn't see why not.

 

Question 4: Are you capable of assisting visitors?

 

Seokjin likes to think that his otherworldly handsomeness and honey-like voice will make the job easier for him, so yeah, sure.

 

But its the fifth question that throws him off.

 

Question 5: Can you read, write and speak English?

 

And so its two months and an interview with a grumpy, short and blonde-haired individual later (if Yoongi had heard him say two of those things then Seokjin would be unsure if he would still be there today), where Seokjin has been appointed as the sole manager and worker for the English literature section of the library.

 

Rather than a section though, the English department of the library actually takes up a whole floor and while it is one of the biggest libraries in the whole of South Korea, it hardly gets any visitors.

 

And Seokjin wouldn't have it any other way.

 

He hardly has to re-organise the shelves because for the most part, they remain untouched.

 

From time to time though, tired and angrily confused students do make their way onto the floor, asking for directions to a poorly pronounced English title. But as soon as they find their assigned book, they leg it towards the exit.

 

On his very first day on the job, while sitting nervously on his seat behind the large borrowing station, he had regretted the decision to shade the fourth bubble of the fifth question as soon as he had made eye contact with a very foreign man.

 

As he was approached, sweat trickled haphazardly down his jaw line and his clammy hands clenched at his thighs, but his anxiety was for no reason. They had simply asked for the toilet in which Seokjin shakily directed him to.

 

He had been the first and only foreigner Seokjin had ever encountered on the job.

 

And while it had been a rare occurrence, nothing seemed more out of place to Seokjin than a repeat-visitor, one that seemed very Korean and spoke the language fluently.

 

Normally, Seokjin doesn't remember faces all too well.

 

But it's something about sun-kissed skin, shapely dimples and full lips that makes him so unforgettable.

 

Also, the fact that he can't seem to touch one of the scanners at the borrowing station without completely and utterly destroying it.

 

Twice.

 

And so its two months into the job and two months since he first met him, where Seokjin is once again, scanning his books for him.

 

"There's a lot of French in this book. Would you understand it?" Seokjin's fingers lightly press at the keyboard.

 

It's a low voice that answers back, one that Seokjin has become accustomed to hearing often, "Yeah, and in the case I don't well, Google translate it is. In any case, A Clockwork Orange, on the other hand with no French at all, made no darned sense." He watches Seokjin patiently.

 

Seokjin laughs, "I didn't even understand the Korean version of it." And he slides the book across the desk only to have it be replaced with another, "two books?"

 

And the taller nods, "My English professor recommended Lolita. Haven't had the chance to read To Kill A Mockingbird In English yet."

 

Seokjin laughs softly, "You're the only person I know in South Korea, that is South Korean, that has actively sought out the English version of a novel, you know that?"

 

And there's something strangely hypnotic in the chuckled response he gets back, "I'm flattered. I hope it stays that way."

 

Seokj

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter