Goodbye Mama

Goodbye Mama

Crying in the closet for days, I couldn't take it anymore, all the fighting and the yelling is too much for me.

My parents have been fighting for a long time now because my dad is an alcoholic; I tried everything to make them stop, but they just won't listen.

My name's Kalia, I'm only twelve and I have a lot of problems in my life; the majority of it is family problems.

My dad's always drunk and my mom's always trying to keep this family together, I'm an only child so it's a little easier on her.

My dad comes home late at night and gives my mom a beating, I hide in the closet so he won't find me and hit me too.

Every time I go to school with all the bruises, everyone ask me what happened and I lie to them about it because I don't wanna get my dad in trouble, he's still my dad.

Today, he came back at midnight and my mom had enough of him so she was packing our bags, they were yelling at each other and he hit her so hard that her nose started bleeding.

I have the phone in my hand and I'm not sure if I should call the police or not because he's my dad, but again, he's about to kill my mom.

I heard a loud thud and I startled, jumping from my place, there was no more sound... my mom wasn't yelling anymore and all I can hear is my dad yelling, "get up I'm telling you!"

I felt tears storming from my eyes as my fingers dialed the numbers, "H-hello?" I was crying as the operator spoke, "Hello? What's going on sweetie? Is there anything I can do for you?"

I was weeping, "My parents are fighting again and I heard a thud then my mom's voice was gone" I sobbed as the operator asked me to stay on the phone as she sent two officers to my house, I sniffled while staying on the line and my dad was still yelling.

Few minutes later, I heard the sirens by the house and a loud knock on the door, my dad started cursing as he opened the door.
I heard two police officers asking if they can come inside and my dad let them, so I got out of the closet, still holding the phone and my tears rolled down at what's there in front of me, I stared weeping again as I kneeled down crying and shaking her, "Mom!!! Mom!!!" I cried harder as I shook her nonstop, she was laying there, not moving, not breathing, she wasn't doing anything.

Blood was running from her head and down her face, I wept at the sight as the officers pushed through and saw my mom.

They stood still for a split second and one of them called the ambulance as the other dragged me away...

I didn't wanna go, I held onto her cold hands as I kept crying out for her, "Mom... don't leave please mom!!" The officer pulled me into a hug as I sobbed on his shoulder, "I want my mom back..." he patted my back and told me that it's gonna be okay.

I looked across the room and saw my dad handcuffed as he looked back at me with sorry eyes; I gave him a glare and looked away, "I hate you..." I softly cried as the ambulance came and the paramedics rushed in, checking her pulse. I looked at them, tears streaming down my face, hoping and praying that she gets up, but all I saw was her body being covered. 

I pushed the officer and rushed to her side bawling at her, "Mom please!! Please wake up mom!!!" One of the paramedics sighed and rubbed my back as I buried my face on her covered body, "Mama..."