Seunghyun's World. (Part One)

Desire

Jiyong doesn't open eyes his, he keeps them tightly closed, afraid of what he might see. What he saw was clearly a dream, a very ... unique dream. It has to be. That's right, he tells himself firmly. It was just a dream. So he had another dream about Seunghyun, nothing new or strange. But if that really was a dream, how could he have felt Seunghyun standing in front of him? Seunghyun talked to him, told him he was glad that he came. He laughed at him, said he was cute. 

If all that was a dream, how come he can feel someone sitting next to him on the bed? How can he sense someone watching him?

"Jiyong, I know you're awake. I'm sorry if I scared you, but can you please open your eyes now and look at me?" That voice, it's Seunghyun's. Jiyong knows it by heart.

He opens his eyes, despite his thundering pulse, and with yet another great shock, finds Seunghyun. "Seunghyun," he manages to say weakly.

Seunghyun smiles at him and nods. "I know I'm very handsome and all but you didn't have to faint in my arms like that." 

The ongoing shock is the only thing that keeps Jiyong from rolling his eyes. "I didn't faint in your arms," he mumbles. 

"Still, you were in my arms." Seunghyun replies seriously. "Something I thought I would never get to do again."

Jiyong gulps. He's slightly shaky, and it's a small effort to sit up. "How am I here, Seunghyun? How is this real?"

Seunghyun completely ignores his questions. "What would you like to do?" he asks instead. "Go to a coffee shop with me? We never really got to go on a date." 

"What? A date?" Jiyong repeats dumbly. 

"Come on!" Seunghyun takes a hold of his wrist and pulls him out of bed gently. He offers him a glass of water and Jiyong gulps it down in one go. His mind is blank, it's odd how it can be blank when something so strange is going on. Seunghyun has a grin on his face and he looks so excited. Seunghyun's warmth feels real on his skin. The floor beneath his feet stands strong and solid. Dazed, Jiyong just quietly walks.

The sun is bright and the wind is soft when they get ouf of the villa. Jiyong tries to look around, his curiousity kicking in. Everything is just the way he imagined it to be. It's callm and peaceful. All the other villas are perfect in their own ways; well designed and maintained with great care. A fat cat sleeps on the lawn of Seunghyun's neighbor across the road. Jiyong smiles with his head down. As bizarre as this is, he is happy to see that big fluff he created. 

The coffee shop is not far, Jiyong isn't much surprised when suddenly Seunghyun pushes a door open and holds it until Jiyong walks in. It's strange. He must be really losing it; almost a moment ago he was looking at the fat cat. He doesn't really remember much of the way to the shop.

The place is empty. Everything you might need to run a coffee shop is there, except the customers. The table for two beside the window is ready for them though. Jiyong automatically sits down. Two tall cups of coffee wait for them, as well as some snacks. They're colorful and has an extremely soft feel to them, something probably impossible in real world. Jiyong knows they're going to taste amazing, because that is what he had in mind when he drew them. 

When he drew them... he drops the one between his fingers. 

Seunghyun sits down and takes a sip from his coffee. "It's nice and warm." He reports. "Not hot, won't burn you."

Jiyong fiddles with his fingers. He doesn't know what to say. Is he dead? What kind of supernatural, sci-fi, fantasy, impossible, fictitious, make-believe ing dream is he having right now? 

"You don't want coffee?" Seunghyun asks him. He has this innocent, hurt look. Like he is afraid Jiyong isn't enjoying himself. "I can get you something else if you want. I thought you liked coffee."

A fear settles at the pit of his stomach. It's so heavy and mixes real badly with his confusion. Jiyong finds an excuse. "I do. I just don't want anything warm, is all." 

Seunghyun doesn't look bothered at all, like Jiyong should have just said so right away. "It's cold now. Have a taste." he says, nodding at Jiyong's coffee.

Is he joking? Jiyong picks up his cup and almost drops it in surprise. It does feel cold. He rips the cap off and takes a sip. Strong but not too strong, with just a hint of sweet, and it's cold. He probably shivers from heat to toe, and puts the coffee back on the table. "How is this possible?" He demands from Seunghyun. "Am I dead? How am I here with you?" Damn it, he is going to cry. He quickly wipes his eyes and looks at Seunghyun and waits.

"You're not dead, Jiyong. It's- You're just here. I don't know how or why it happened." Seunghyun looks hurt. "Am I scaring you that much?"

"No, of course not. I'm shocked." Jiyong pleads. He grabs Seunghyun's hand to show he doesn't mean anything bad. And there it is. Warm, soft, very much alive. Jiyong rubs it with his thumb, marvelling at what he is actually doing. "I drew you. I drew all this. Now I'm here, and I'm scared." 

Seunghyun covers Jiyong's hands with his other hand, and so here they are, holding hands like old lovers. "I'm sorry. I got too excited. I only ever get to see you randomly and they're always way too short for my liking. This is new for me too. I never thought you could be here either."

Jiyong's mouth drops open. Seunghyun saw him? He sees him? "You see me? How? When?" 

"I don't know." Seunghyun gives him an apologetic look. "They're like visions, I guess. Sometimes I see you when I'm asleep. But sometimes I could be doing something, like cooking or feeding the neighbor's fat cat, and then I see you. Everything stills, I think I just stop, and I see you. You're always sitting down. Usually in your room. And you're drawing, you're always drawing. You usually have coffee with you."

"And that is how you knew I liked coffee?" Jiyong's throat feels incredibly tight and dry. 

Seunghyun nods. He doesn't meet Jiyong eyes, and he looks sad. "I hear you talk to people sometimes. Sometimes you sister comes in. Sometimes you're on the phone. Sometimes you're eating or listening to music. But you're always in the process of drawing. Then I guess you finish, because you close a notebook and I wake up? The vision thing finishes. After that I just wait for another one to come."

This is a lot to process. Jiyong needs some time to think, to convince himself all this is really happening. He runs his hands through his hair, rubs his eyes harshly, inhales and exhales deeply, and then finally settles on chewing his nails. Seunghyun makes a dissaproving little tsk and tugs his fingers away from his mouth, and instead holds them. 

"That is a bad habit, your mother hates it too. She's been nagging at you about it ever since you were like 6, give her a break, Ji." 

Jiyong just miserably nods and then bursts into tears. He gets up too quickly, and the force sends his chair to fall down. He just stands there and cries like a child. Seunghyun immediately gets up and grabs hold of his sholulders, gently rubbing them. 

"Hey, Jiyong. What's wrong? Why're you crying? What can I do? How-"

"Can I hug you?" Jiyong looks up at him. Seunghyun looks puzzled but he nods and opens up his arms. Jiyong dives in right away. He cries harder when his cheek is plastered against Seunghyun's chest. He can actually hear Seunghyun's heart thumping away. He tighens his grip around Seunghyun, who does the same. He softly kisses his head and pats his back. 

It's Seunghyun. It really is him. He's real, in his arms, right here and right now. Jiyong doesn't know how but it's happening. He's hugging Seunghyun, who is also hugging him. They're hugging. Seunghyun is here.