drabble~

Regrets

“Won’t you get mad?”

“What?”

I looked at him, my questioning eyes on his. He was wearing his favorite chucks and his denim polo hanging perfectly on his body.  He looked incredibly fine today. He always does.

“Uhm... I mean, I-” he stuttered, struggling to find the right words, making my heart beat faster than it should be.

He combed his sun-colored hair and ruffled it with his hand, hoping it will help him say something. I’m used to it; he always does that whenever he feels antsy. Therefore, I gave him time to sort it out; I won’t say anything even if I wanted to.

The waiting was long so I stared at the not-so interesting sight in front of me: bright fluorescent lights, perfectly aligned blue chairs, huge plasma boards indicating the flight schedules, and a few people patiently waiting for their flights. I suddenly felt the urge to glance at my watch. It’s 12:16 in the morning. It will arrive soon.

I pressed a sigh and decided to fiddle with my phone. There were no good games installed, thus I plugged my wireless earphones on and played a song to kill time. Never gonna leave this bed. Maroon 5.

I bowed my head and closed my eyes. Ever since that day, everything has been in chaos. I believe it did, and it still is. Even if there aren’t words said, I can fully understand the situation.

Someone should have done something if he or she knows it will ruin something in the end. We both know it, but we still did.

We both believe in 'nothing lasts forever' anyway. I told him that this thing shouldn't be taken seriously, because we are not the type to do so. We cannot be too entangled with the setup; I cannot handle commitments. But still...

A few more loops and I got tired of the song. I clicked the next button and another song from Maroon 5 played. Unkiss me.

I zipped my bag close and prepared to leave. I was about to stand up when one of my earplugs fell on the ground.

“I’m sorry.”

I picked it up and gazed at him. “What?”

He said something; I just haven’t heard it right. Blame the deafening cry of the child a few chairs away from us.

“I said- I love you.”

“Calling all passengers of the flight GDK808 on route to Tokyo, Japan, you may now board inside the plane.”

“I repeat. Calling all passengers of the flight GDK808 on route to Tokyo, Japan, you may now board inside the plane.   Thank you very much.”

Again. I wasn’t able to hear him. I raised a brow and gave him one last quizzical look, hoping he would repeat what he had said for the third time.

He exhaled deeply and shrugged, a smile tracing on his lips. His gummy smile. I would really miss it.

“So... I guess this is goodbye then,” he said and stood up, handing one of my luggage to me.

I smirked and nodded. “I guess so.”

He tentatively drew out his right hand, saying the words I never thought I would hear from him.

“Good bye, Kiko.”

I shook his hand with mine and smiled.

“Good bye then, Jiyong.”

I was about to take out my hand away but he pulled me into his limbs, hugging me tightly.

“, , . I’m really gonna miss you. So bad, baby.”

I snickered, patting his back. “Silly, we’re in a public place. I’m gonna miss you too. Take care, alright?”

I quickly escaped from his grasp as soon as my flight has been called again. Without looking back, I stride towards the departure area. I hasten my pace as I bit my lip, fighting the threatening tears on my eyes.

I should have been more understanding.

I should have never did what was I already knew wrong.

I should have always been there, for him.

I should have kissed him more, and got angry less.

I should have said ‘I love you’.

I should have never left.

But I haven’t. I haven’t done anything, but bid him goodbye.

 

Now, all I have are regrets.

 


a/n: in kiko's persona. hihi. head's up if you ship jiko! i ship them so hard and i'm really saddened that they decided to broke up. awww. anyways, what can you say? i would love to know! :D