1/1 On Cloud 9 when I'm with You.

Up in The Clouds

"Babe! Have you seen my Off White shirt?", Joshua called out to his lover, and newly wedded husband.

"You have 3, Babe, can you be a little more specific?" Jeonghan replied from the washroom.

"You know, the black one, with the 13 on the back" Joshua yelled back, searching through the clothes that were sprawled out all over the room.

"Nope, sorry! But, it's okay you look better with it off anyway!", Jeonghan replied, smoothly.

"Nevermind then! I found it~" Joshua said, laughing at his husband's cheesy, cringeworthy pass at him. 

The newly wedded couple was packing for their honeymoon. Their usually neat and tidy bedroom, was now a mess with clothes, accessories and anything else they were planning to pack, spread all throughout the room. Jeonghan came out of the bathroom holding a small bag, filled with his toiletries, Joshua assumed. Joshua was standing in the corner of their room, near the closet.The two were going to be spending 3 days and 2 nights in L.A, and they would be staying at a hotel by the beach. Jeonghan was really excited to be going to the place where his husband was born and raised. Joshua was just as excited to be going to a familiar place with the love of his life. Jeonghan packed the bag with his toiletries in his bigger suitcase. He zipped up the small pocket, and sat at the edge of their bed. Joshua was staring at the long haired Angel, as Jeonghan continued packing diligently. Joshua looked inside his husband's suitcase to see clothes that were folded and neatly packed. His eyes then made their way to his husband. Joshua stared, eyeing his husband, thinking of how lucky he was to be married to this man. 

"I love you. You know that, right?" Joshua randomly said, making Jeonghan stop his packing briefly. 

"I thought you only married people you hated" Jeonghan replied sarcastically, before laughing at his own reply. "I love you too." he said, sincerely before getting up to walk to his husband. Joshua smiled loving at the man walking towards him. Jeonghan took him by the waist and kissed his lips passionately. They broke the kiss, and Jeonghan took Joshua in his arms. Joshua smiled and wrapped his arms around the slightly taller man.

"We could go further, since we're already married, but-" Jeonghan's joke was interrupted by a light punch in the arm from Joshua. 

"Go pack." Joshua said sternly as he pushed the long haired boy away, but smiled to imply he wasn't actually mad. 

The two packed until 3PM, double checking to see if they forgot, or left anything out that they would need on their trip. Then, the two began to dress and fix themselves for their 6 o'clock flight. They were both ready by 4, and decided to leave for the airport early, for check-ins, and to leave time just incase any problems occured. Thankfully, the couple was able to check in and board the plane without any problems, or interruptions. As they took their seats in the plane, hand in hand, they were discussing as to what movie they should watch. The couple decided to not watch a movie, and to just watch a show instead. Jeonghan had the window seat, while Joshua took the aisle seat. While watching "Modern Family", Joshua had noticed Jeonghan staring outside the window. 

"What's up, babe?" Joshua questioned him. Jeonghan looked away from the window briefly, and smiled sweetly at the man beside him before returning his focus to the view from the window.

"Nothing~, I just like plane rides." Jeonghan smiled, "I like being up in the clouds." he chuckled.

Joshua smiled back at his husband, before taking his hand in his. Joshua leaned his hand against his lover's broad shoulder, still watching the show. About 9 hours into their flight, the turbulence started getting quite chaotic. Joshua's grip around Jeonghan's hand tightened as he tried to comfort, and calm himself from the vigorous shaking of the plane. Jeonghan had noticed his husband's anxiety and held his hand, and placed Joshua's head back on his shoulder. The long haired man told Joshua that he should sleep, so that he doesn't get sick from all the shaking, and that he would wake him up when they landed. With these comforting words from his husband, Joshua fell asleep peacefully.

Joshua is awakened by a soft nudge from Jeonghan, who was telling him they had arrived at the LAX. Joshua stretched and smiled at the man who was waiting for him to get up from his seat. The two walked of the plane, hand in hand, and began making their way to their accommodations. They got to their hotel, and starting unpacking, making themselves at home. The room was simple, neat, and only 1 bed. The bathroom was big, and so was the tub, to which Jeonghan joked,

"Babe~ We can both fit in here!" which received a laugh from Joshua. It was only 8AM when the couple had arrived in L.A, which gave them plenty of time to go around, before their dinner reservation at 7. The two had decided to spend some time at Venice beach while the sun was still out. They figured it would be refreshing to go swim a bit, since L.A was hotter than what they were used to in Seoul. They arrived at the beach, both in swimming trunks. After playing in the water for a bit, they went to go dry off, sitting on the sand. Jeonghan reached into the bag they brought, revealing a white sweater. He threw it at Joshua, who caught the sweater and looked up at the long haired boy with a confused look on his face.

"Cover up. I don't want anyone else looking at that body, except me." Jeonghan said to his husband with a wink. Joshua smiled, and obediently put on the sweater, that was a little big on him. Joshua got up and left to go buy the couple some ice cream. When he returned, he noticed his husband surrounded by a few girls, 3 at most. He decided to wait and observe a bit, instead of returning and awkwardly giving the ice cream with the girls around. But then, he noticed his husband and the girls turn to look at him. Joshua wasn't that far away so he heard Jeonghan proudly say,

"I'm good looking, but isn't he perfect?", the girls stared while taking in Joshua's handsome features. "But, he's mine, so~" Jeonghan said, and the girls awkwardly made their way back to their other friends. Joshua walked towards Jeonghan, icecream in both of his hands, smiling. Jeonghan smiled back, love and sincerity in his eyes. The couple spent an hour more at the beach, eating their icecream. Relaxing, and talking about life underneath the comfortable shade of their umbrella. They decided to walk around the boardwalk, looking at different knick knacks, trying on sunglasses. The couple watched a short performance by a jazz band that was performing, and applauded when they had finished. 

"They were amazing~" Joshua said, admiration in his eyes. His inner musician showing.

"But, you're better" Jeonghan said, sweetly.

When it was about 5 o'clock, the newlyweds made their way back to their hotel, and started getting ready for their dinner. The reservation was at a fancy restaurant, which they dressed accordingly for. Joshua wore a semiformal black suit, while Jeonghan was all done in white. The couple was extremely good looking, individually and together. On the way to the restaurant, the couple got stares. They were even stopped by some people, asking for a picture, assuming they were models. When they arrived at the restaurant, Jeonghan pulled his husband's seat for him, and gestured for him to sit down, and he did. The menus came, and the couple took a few minutes to decide on what they wanted to eat. Joshua ordered a medium rare steak, while the other decided to go with shrimp and grits. They ordered a bottle of 1992 Red Wine to go along with their meals. They shared a toast, and Jeonghan decided to share a couple of words.

"I've said this at our wedding toast, and I'll say it again.", he looked into Joshua's eyes and continued, "I love you. With all my heart, and soul. Nothing could ever change how I feel about you. I'll never fall out of love with you. Infact, I think I can only get deeper into this trance called love.", he smiled sincerely. He raised his wine glass, with his left hand, making sure to show of his ring, and said "To us."

Joshua also lifted his glass, and toasted, repeating, "To us."

The couple smiled at each other, and drank a sip of the wine. Their dinner went by smoothly, feeding each other some of their food. Talking about life, their pasts, and the future they were planning together. The two left the restaurant, after a ruckus of who would be paying the bill. Both refused to split, but in the end, Jeonghan ended up winning Joshua over, and the long haired male paid for their meals. They made their way back to their accommodations, and showered (seperately, to which Jeonghan was slightly disappointed) and got ready for bed. Joshua's heart was racing, due to the stereotypical and slightly traditional "first time", that occured on your honeymoon. He was still in the bathroom, staring at himself in the mirror. Thinking about how grateful, and lucky he was to be married to someone so perfect. The whole day, and his husband was so amazing, it was surreal. He walked out of the bathroom, to see a shirtless Jeonghan laying in their bed, reading a book. Joshua chuckled when he realized that the book was an English textbook, and figured his husband wanted to learn more English. The long haired angel looked up from his book, and smiled at Joshua, who was now laying beside him, head on his chest. 

"Today was perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better day, or husband" Joshua said, his voice a little raspy from being exhausted from such a busy day. Jeonghan wrapped his arm around his lover, and kissed his forehead. "Me either" he replied lowly. The couple made eyecontact before sharing a deep, passionate kiss. This kiss, lead to Joshua's nervous expectation to come true. The couple collapsed beside each other, both out of breath. After the two had caught their breath, they found themselves in eachothers arms, their bodies intertwined. Joshua smiled at Jeonghan, who stared and the other with love in his eyes.

"I love you, Joshua Hong." Jeonghan said, and kissed Joshua's lips passionately. The two laid there, lost in each other's breathing. The soft rise and fall of each other's chest. But, Joshua's eyes soon grew heavy, and he fell asleep in his husband's arms. Thinking of how lucky he was to be married to that perfect human being that was holding him right now. Thinking of how surreal the day was, it was perfection, well, minus the girls, Joshua thought. He then fell into a deep sleep. 

*beep* *beep* beep*

Joshua was regaining his conciousness. The steady beeping grew loader, and more clear. Joshua opened his eyes slightly, and saw that he was in a hospital bed. His eyes widened in horror, hoping he was dreaming. He shot up from his resting position, and was greeted by his mother whose face was swollen from crying. She greeted her soon with a huge embrace, but Joshua was in distress, trying to process just what was happening. He stared at his mom confused, but then he remembered falling asleep in his husband's arms. Joshua's eyes widened again, as he attempted to get up from his bed, saying "Jeonghan. Jeonghan. Jeonghan." That's all that was going through Joshua's mind, but he was hindered from moving by his mom, who embraced him tightly. Saying, between sobs, "I'm so sorry, I'm so so sorry." He didn't know why, but tears began to fall from Joshua's eyes. His head was bandaged, but he didn't know the reason for that also. However, his memories started flooding back. The turbulence in the plane, the stormy weather. "It couldn't possibly be..." Joshua thought to himself, and he looked to his mom who was sobbing. The TV in the room caught Joshua's attention. It was the News, and it speaking about how a plane on route to L.A had crashed. Joshua started to bawl. Tears falling, no way of stopping them as he began to realize what had happened. It was his flight that had crashed. Their flight. When his mom had calmed down, Mrs. Hong had shed the news to her son. The plane that the newlywedded couple had boarded, had crashed around 9 hours into their flight. She also had to, regretfully tell her son, that his husband had died. Joshua asked to be alone for a while, and his mother respectfully exited, and waited outside his room. However, from outside, she could hear her son's sobs, and screams of sorrow and agony. Joshua cried, for he doesn't even know how long. He cried until he couldn't cry anymore, screamed until his voice was gone. All the moments that had happened on their honeymoon, had never really happened. Joshua took a while to process this thought, to realize that it was just his dream, that his husband had passed away before they had the chance to do any of those things. He sat in his hospital bed, tears flowing nonstop, and stared at the TV that was displaying a plane in flames, and in pieces.

The day of Jeonghan's funeral had arrived. Joshua dressed up in all black, looking dashing. He had apologized to Mr. and Mrs. Yoon so many times that he lost count. Each time, they told him it wasn't his fault. The ceremony was short, and Joshua, as his husband, went up and said a few words. Words full of love, sincerity, and longing for his lover. As everyone was leaving, they all gave Joshua their condolences, and Joshua blankly accepted them. Joshua stayed behind, and looked at the love of his life, wearing pure white, in a casket. It was hard to believe that just a few days ago, they were standing side by side in suits, saying their vows. But, now, Joshua was having to bury the one he loved. Joshua started crying, and looked up at the sky. The memory of Jeonghan looking out the window on the plane crossed his mind. The widowed husband smiled sadly and said,

"Up in the clouds, huh?"

 

 

THE END.

 

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE.

Hi guys! It's Zen again. LOL I hope you enjoyed reading another oneshot written by me! ^_^ Comments are always appreciated. If you liked this story, please check out my other one shot, involving the VKook couple, entitled "Skype Dates."  Here's the link : http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1008990/skype-dates-oneshot-bts-bangtan-taekook-vkook-taekookangst  Hope you guys continue to look forward to my stories! - Zen.

As much as I like JiHan, I'm a HUGE Meanie shipper! Check out my Seventeen Couple Meanie going Fanfic! ^_^

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1009785/our-happy-times-angst-mingyu-seventeen-meanie-wonwoo-meaniecouple