Clueless

MarkJae OneShots

Mark is in love.

Youngjae is clueless.

-

"Hyung, Look!" Youngjae attempts to run toward Mark but trips over his own feet, landing on his hands and feet "You're gonna get yourself killed" Mark helps the younger to his feet "Look, I got an A in English!" He beams, Ignoring the fact his knee is scrapped and bleeding and shoves the piece of paper in Marks face "See, I knew you could do it" Mark ruffles Youngjaes hair "Just needed to practice!" He smiles, watching the younger go on and on about how great he is in english "I wouldn't have been able to do it without you!" Youngjae wraps his arms around Mark "Thanks, Hyung" Marks cheeks turns red and his heart about beats out of his chest. He has had a crush on his best friend of 5 years since the day they met, and its pretty obvious. Almost the whole school knows. Except for Youngjae. Which is okay with Mark. He couldn't risk their friendship because of a crush. As long as Youngjae is by his side, He doesn't care if he knows or not.

Plus they're both guys and 3 years apart. It could never happen.

 

"I'm thirsty, Want anything?" Youngjae pulls himself off the couch "Nah, But can you get me a snack?" "Whatcha want?" "Mmm...I dunno, surprise me" Youngjae disappears into the kitchen and comes back a few moments later "You need to go shopping, You have like nothing in there" He plops down, a lot closer to Mark than he was before "All you have is junk food, Its unhealthy" He hands Mark a bag of chips "Very unhealthy" He twists the lid off his drink "If you need help, I'll be glad to go with you"

 

They ended up watching a documentary on Aliens for 2 hours. Youngjae seemed to be very into it, as he hasn't taken his eyes off of it. As for Mark, He hasn't payed attention since Youngjae came back. He sat so close to Mark that he couldn't think straight. Mark glances over and notices hes fiddling with a loose string at the end of his shirt. He then realizes that Youngjaes blankly staring at the tv screen. Mark swears that he could almost hear Youngjaes head about to pop from all the thinking. Mark opens his mouth to say something but is cut off by his phone ringing "Hello" "Mark~~" Jacksons voice screams into the phone "Jinyoung got into SU, We're here to celebrate~~" The sound of a raddling bang echos in the background. Mark hangs up and lunges off the couch, headed for the door. As soon as its opened, 3 overly hyper man children pile in "We brought beer!!" Jaebum holds up a bag. Mark looks over his shoulder at Youngjae "Its fine, I was just about to leave" He grabs his jacket and school bag "Its late anyways" He walks toward the door and slips his shoes on "Bye" He mumbles "I'll see you tomorrow" Youngjaes silent "Bye.."

 

The next day rolls around and Mark hadn't seen Youngjae all day. Which is unusual. Youngjae never skips school. Even if he has a high fever. Which worries Mark. "Yah, Kiyeon!" Mark shouts out to one of Youngjaes friends "Have you seen Youngjae?" Kiyeon looks at Mark with a odd expression "He didn't tell you?" Marks furrows his brows "Tell me what?" Kiyeon stuffs his books into his locker and turns to face Mark "He's moving to Seoul. He got accepted to SOPA" Marks heart sinks to his chest. He hesitates before running out of the school.

 

"Choi Youngjae!!" He bangs on the gate to Youngjaes home, Hoping he hasn't left "Ahjusshi" Mark calls out to an old man across the street "The people who live there, Where are they?" "They left about 5 minutes ago" He looks at Mark weirdly before he runs off. 

 

"God dammit kid, Pick up" Mark breathes into his phone as he runs to the train station. Youngjaes family never had a car, They never needed one so when they traveled, they usually used the train. He hopes that he can catch up in time.

 

Once he arrives, He frantically runs around trying to find the younger. If Youngjae was going to leave, Mark at least wanted to say Goodbye. How could Youngjae not tell him? They're best friends. At least thats what Mark thought. He haults when the thought crosses his mind. Did Youngjae ever consider Mark his best friend? He had never once heard Youngjae call him his best friend or showed him affection other than a hug every once in awhile when he'd Thank Mark for doing something for him.

Marks head begins to spin with the overwhelming amount of questions racking up in his brain.

"Mark?" Youngjaes voice yanks Mark out of his thoughts and his spins around. Youngjae stares at Mark, whos red and covered in sweat. The concern and worry that Mark had felt is suddenly taken over with anger. "What the hell, Choi" He shouts "Were you just gonna leave and not say anything?" Youngjae avoids eye contact "You told that twerp Kiyeon but not me, Your best friend? " Mark glares at the younger "I thought something was wrong, You didn't show up to school and you didn't answer my texts!" His anger slowly turns into frustration and sadness "Hyung," Youngjae mumbles "I was too scared to tell you...I didn't want you to--well, react like that " "I'm only acting like this cause you didn't tell me!!!" Youngjae falls silent "Why didn't you tell me? SOPA is your dream school...." Youngjae looks up cause of the sudden change of Marks tone "You should have told me" "Youngjae-ah!" Youngjaes parents call out for him. He looks in their direction then back to Mark "I have to go now" Youngjae turns to walk away but Mark grabs ahold of his hand and then lets go. Youngjae looks down and sees a piece of paper neatly folded in his hand. He goes to unfold it "No..Read it when you get to Seoul" Mark quickly turns around and walks off, leaving Youngjae confused.

 

"Who was that back there? Mark?" Youngjaes mom asks "Yeah, Mark.." He stares out the window of the train "My best friend..." He corrects himself. His moms smile fades. His mom knew how Youngjae felt about Mark. She could tell by the way he got all cheerful and hyper when Mark would be mentioned. Or how happy he was when Mark would stop by to help him with his homework but Youngjae would always get so upset once he left; cause he thinks Mark only sees him as a friend.

 

"Get some sleep honey, You have to get up early tomorrow" Youngjae nods and walks to his new bedroom, closing the door behind him. He flips off the light and throws himself onto his bed.

The note. He remembers and shoves his hand into his pants pocket, pulling the neatly folded paper out.

 

August 24th, 2009

By the time you read this, You'll probably be setteled into your new home. I may not know the reason why but I'm writing this for the day you leave. Even if its 5 years from now. 

 

Youngjae looks at the calander and realizes its exactly 5 years later

 

But I just wanted to write this down cause I know I"ll never have the guts to tell you in person.

I love you, Youngjae.

More than a friend.

I know this will probably make you want to vomit and never speak to me again, but its worth a shot. I'm sorry for not being able to say this in person. And if I do get the guts to, I'm glad I did. But I'll never know what I'll do. Knowing me, I'll probably bottle the feelings up and never tell you.

So, I decided to write it down.

 

Edit: August 24th, 2015

I still love you, Youngjae.

 

FIN

♡-------♡

 

THIS A LOT BUT I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY THIS, COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK