Chapter III

(untitled)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suzy perked up and a slow smile crept up on her face. The melancholic atmosphere disappeared and she replied, "Really?"

In response, he let out a single light breathy laugh accompanied by a shy smile. Maybe he didn't notice it before because she was acting out of ordinary from the alcohol; or maybe it's because they're alone and this is the closest he's been to her. However, at that moment, he truly understood why Suzy deserved the crowing of Nation's First Love. It wasn’t just because she was stunning or innocent. It was because with just one smile, she could make any guy blush and forget how to breathe; she could conjure up the allusions and feelings of first love.

He had probably only been gazing at her in an awed trance for less than five seconds. He felt like sinking and hunching further in his chair; as his eyes were too embarrassed to look at her beauty, but too greedy to look away. So like a coy teenager, his eyes kept directing themselves back and forth from the table to Suzy. His idol attitude and front non-existent. To him, this moment felt as if time was still and yet moving at the speed of light; it felt as if his heart had stopped beating and was instead filled the tingles of first love. It's not that he was developing true feelings for her, but yes did he bask in her aura.

It wasn’t until Suzy spoke that he woke from his trance with a gasp as during that moment did he forget to breathe. She spoke again, “Let me pour you a drink.” So, she did. Again and again, drink after drink. He had the same shy smile on his face and thanked her with no complaints each time she poured him a shot. To her, he appeared to be enjoying the alcohol.

But, unbeknown to her, inside his head, “Idiot. Idiot idiot idiot idiot idiot.” That one word kept repeating in his mind. He was mentally cursing himself for not thinking properly before carelessly calling out black knight. He was no black knight, and no way could he save a lady; and no way should he be drinking this much when he couldn’t handle his alcohol well. But, thank goodness that surprisingly, he looked perfectly fine on the outside. He had managed to stop her from drinking, but he was wondering who was going to stop him?

As if someone answered his thoughts, Suzy went to pour him his 6th drink only to realise that the bottle was empty – all the bottles were empty. With nothing to drink and not much to talk about, without the sound of the soju hitting the bottle of the glass, only music could be heard. Who knew that even with music playing, that this would still be a deafening silence. Suddenly, Suzy thought of something, she clapped her hands together once and then pointed her index finger in the air as if she was hit with an epiphany; and sounding quite pleased with this she said, “I know! Let’s play twenty questions. It’s fun and we can get to know each other.”

He didn’t really want to play, but he didn’t want to reject her. So, he hesitantly agreed with an, “Call”.

Suzy initiated the game first with an easy question, “Why did you become an idol?” and he replied calmly, “I wanted to write my own music. But I wanted to sing it so that everyone could hear the song exactly how I intended it to be.”

His turn approached and he asked, “Do you like being called Nation’s First Love?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter