Six

Sungyeol Drabbles for the Birthday Boy! ♡

"What are you doing?"

Sungyeol's hands freeze in mid-air as he slowly turns around to find a man in a police uniform. He swallows, his throat suddenly feeling dry.

"Nothing, officer."

The policeman looks at him apprehensively and grunts. "What's that in your hand?"

Sungyeol looks down at his hands, thankful that he has already thrown the cigarettes into his bag before he was caught. He holds them up for the officer to see. 

"Mm, let me check your bag." 

Sungyeol's eyes widen. "What?!"

"If you've got nothing to hide, then it should be okay." The officer raises an eyebrow and looks at him in a way that mmakes him want to curl up and cry. "You seem like a nice, smart young man, so you shouldn't be in trouble, right?"

"T-that's right, officer, I'm nice and smart s-so there's no need to check anything..." his hands fly protectively around his backpack, but the officer yanks it out of his arms easily.

"HEY--!"

He tries to get it back, his long limbs grabbing at the bag, but the officer holds him off with one hhand while he checks the bags contents with the other. It was rather amazing, actually, if only Sungyeol wouldn't be going to jail for what this officer finds.

"You're 17, right?" the officer says, holding up the pack of cigarettes. "Did you even pay for this?"

Sungyeol nods, but he doesn't even convince himself. 

 

"Excuse me,  I'm here for Lee Sungyeol, please."

Sungyeol looks up at the sound of Sunggyu's voice. He cranes his neck over to peek behind the desks of police people and grins when he sees his older (legally allowed to smoke) friend and hollers.

"Sunggyu hyungg! Over here!" he flails his arms to catch the olders attention, but Sunggyu only turns to glare at him before going back to his conversation with the head police officer. 

Pretty soon, though, there is someone walking towards the cell and Sungyeol is really very happy to hear the jangling of the keys in his hand. The guard looks at Sungyeol, scaring him without words, amd Sungyeol knows he's never going to steal ever again. 

He's even more scared when it's Sunggyu who galres at him, though. Even though he has small eyes, Sungyeol can see the anger in them, and beneathe it, something else-- concern, maybe. 

"H-hyung, I'm sorry," he starts, wringing his hands together and looking up apologetically. "I just wanted to--"

Sunggyu stares at him, and it's one of those looks againn, the one the policeman gave him earlier, and he wants to curl up again. Except this time, it's Sunggyu and there's real anger and concern in his eyes and it's more sincere but that makes it more scary.

"I'm really sorry, hyung, I'll never--  I'll never do this again, I'm--"

And Sunggyu pulls him into a hug, and it's bone crushing and it really hurts, but his hyung is warm and smells really nice.

"You better not." Sunggyu whispers in his ear. Or I will really ing kill you." 

Sungyeol shudders just a little bit.

 

(" on these," Sunggyu says,  once they're out of the police station. He's holding out a box of something that looks strangely like cigarettes, and Sungyeol looks at him, his head tilted in question.

"Take it."

And Sungyeol does, reaching for it. He examines the box and realizes that they contain lollipops with sticks that look like cigarettes. He laughs. "Hyung, what--"

"Eat those if you wanna look cool," Sunggyu says. "But don't do the real thing-- it's not really worth it, ya know."

Sungyeol shrugs, but he's now absolutely sure that Sunggyu  will always be there for him, and he's thankful for that.)