Seven

Sungyeol Drabbles for the Birthday Boy! ♡

Sungjong is usually good at keeping his real feelings hidden, and Sungyeol is usually dense, but he notices the way Sungjong's eyes cast down when the company tells them they have to be overseas by his birthday. They usually don't get to go home on their birthdays, anyway, but it doesn't mean it's not sad. Sungyeol's birthday was only three days ago, and he couldn't quite forget how sad it made him feel to only hear his parents' voice through the phone. At least Daeyeol was also in the company to celebrate with him. Sungjong had no one except s, and though they consider each other family, it probably wasn't the same.

"Hey," he says, plopping down on the couch next to Sungjong, who was watching some tv show no one really cared about. Their next schedule is not until the evening, and everyone else took off to either saueeze in some sleep or practice. Sungjong hums in acknowledgment, and he puts an arm around his shoulders.

"Happy birthday, kiddo," Sungyeol says, grinning widely. He sees the youngest roll his eyes at him and grumble.

"It's not my birthday yet, hyung." Sungyeol shrugs and just sits there watching tv with him for a few minutes. He's a bit surprised when Sungjong leans into him a little later, his head resting on his shoulder. Sungjong keeps trying to make himself seem more manly, trying to banish his soft, feminine image, though no one really thought it was bad. It just makes the members miss their happy, young and fresh maknae that always has a bright smile.

"I miss my parents," Sungjong whispers, and Sungyeol hums. He knows what that felt like. He hadn't been able to celebrate his birthday with his parents, either, so he can relate.

"It that we can't go see them."

"So let's go see them." Sungyeol has always been blunt about what he feels, always saying the first thing that pops into his head.

"Are you crazy?"

"Maybe," he's already standing up, his hand out for Sungjong.

"I've got your stuff ready."

"You-- what?!" and Sungjong is staring at him, bug-eyed, his mouth gaping. He grins. Sometimes it's really cute-- Sungjong in his off-guarded moments. He's been bent on acting mature and manly lately that Sungyeol finds it adorable when he's like this.

"I'm serious, let's go." There's a moment of silence before Sungjong can speak.

"What about our schedules?" Sungyeol screws his mouth to the side.

"Hyung will understand."

"But our world tour--"

"--is not till a few days' time! We'll be back tomorrow, I promise." And Sungjong is still doing that gaping-like-a-fish thing and Sungyeol thinks that maybe he should take a picture of it on his phone for future references ( though Sungjong has a lot more dirt on him than he can count on his fingers and toes-- that kid knows everything ), but he takes Sungyeol's hand and stands up.

"Okay, but you're taking the blame."

 

 

 

( When they're on the bus back to Seoul, loaded with food from Sungjong's mom, the maknae smiles up at Sungyeol and thanks him. It's really pretty, Sungjong's smile. Sungjong is full of genuine sincerity and love for Sungyeol because only this hyung can do something as crazy as sneaking him out of their schedules to see his parents. He loves his idiot-hyung so much. )

 

 

Hey! Sooo it's seven hours to my baby's birthday! Have some yeoljong cuties hehe