The Plan Explained

Paper Flowers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

When I first heard this plan I was skeptical, but I had to have some faith and trust in the only parental authority that was left in my life. I couldn’t completely doubt my mother’s sanity, though this plan did sound a bit crazy, even for her in her  desperation.

Our saviour had come in the guise of her brother-in-law; it was indeed our father's sibling, whom insisted our mother move in with him and his parents. That would be our grandparents which we had never met.

His plan was to get her written into his father’s Will, who was on his death-bed, and who handled all of the money arrangements in that part of the family. Our father had apparently been written out of the Will, but as she was legally married to our father, if our grandfather annulled that  ruling, she could receive that share as a widow of benefit.

But there was an issue, of course.

“Your uncle believes that his father will not help me if it’s more than just me... he will see it as a charity case, or that we see it as an expectation, and he despises those,” She cried to us. “And your father’s mother, she just detests children.”

I was bewildered. Who hated children? And us? We were such good kids!

“But they are so rich! They don’t even know what to do with all of the money that they have! They live in a giant mansion so grand, you would believe it were a palace!”

Sungmin blinked at our mother, confused as I was.

“If dad came from so much money, why do we have none?” He asked, perplexed.

“Your father left his inheritance because of some choices that were against your grandfather's desires—he wanted to marry me, not some chosen girl his parents had arranged. His parents were so upset with him that they wrote him off, and not just in the Will. They cut all ties with him. He chose this life with me; it was our burden to carry. Neither of them like me enough to send money, even when they heard that your father passed away. They think I've poisoned your father against them, and that this is my ruin—my punishment.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter