=1=

Conflicted Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi everyone :) So I didn't want to make you wait too long for the first chapter ^^ hope you like it :) feedback is highly appreciated

 

Make sure to check out my recently completed fanfic --> Love Thy Neighbour and my other on-going fanfic --> Match Me If You Can

 

And thanks for the upvotes :) thanks to: 

cj0415, evvchi, altanar, Imynadth

FishyPali, missbazinga, sujuismylife15

 

It was a dull and grey day, typical for the month of October as it was already autumn. The weather was a prefect reflection of his current mood. It was colder than usual and the rain was pouring down, as if the sky was shedding the tears which he couldn’t. The cold rain didn’t bother him at all as he was driving down the lonely road on his motorcycle. It was the motorcycle he had constructed himself.

 

He spotted a bus stop and decided to make a short stop there. His motorcycle came to a halt and he climbed off. Taking off his helmet, he headed for the bench underneath the shelter and he sat down. He fumbled around in his leather jacket and he pulled out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter. He lit one and as he took the first drag, he felt how his nerves calmed down almost instantaneously.

 

Staring with emotionless eyes into the distance, his thoughts travelled one hour back. He had just come back from his mother’s funeral. He hated funerals, because they were full of fake people pretending to be mournful. But not even a week ago, they hadn’t given a single about the person’s well-being. He had seen a lot of foreign faces and he hadn’t been surprised at all that he didn’t know anyone from those people. And all those scornful looks he had received, it still made him despise all those people. However, he had only showed up to say goodbye to his mother one last time.

 

He took one last drag from his cigarette and then threw the bud away, blowing the smoke into the air. He ran his tongue over his lip piercing, still staring into the rainy landscape. Now he was alone. He had no one anymore, no family. 

 

“Don’t throw your future away. Make me proud.”

 

Those had been his mother’s last words. Since he had lost his father as a kid, he had changed. His attitude towards life had changed. He didn’t miss his father, though. He had been no good man. Would he miss his mother? Maybe a little. His mother had never understood why he was the way he was. In her opinion, he was wasting his life, throwing his future away. He, however, didn’t think so at all. It was his life and he should live it the way he wanted. No one had the right to tamper with his life.

 

He knew how to fend for himself and it didn’t make any difference that he was alone now. He didn’t need anyone in his life. People usually meant trouble. They liked to criticise everything  and everyone, and he hated that the most.

 

He got up from the bench and grabbed his helmet, putting it back on. He climbed onto his bike. He hadn’t even noticed that it had stopped raining. But the sky was still covered by a thick blanket of grey clouds.

 

The motorcycle roared and the tyres screeched as he drove down the long and empty road, disappearing into the distance.

 

 

 

“The weather could have been nicer,” Donghae said, and he put his sweater’s hood on as it started drizzling.

He and his friend Sungmin were at the fair, where the latter’s mother had a booth. They had promised her to stop by, but it seemed as if they had chosen the wrong day. The weather was miserable. Dull and grey clouds covered the city, putting a veil of duskiness over it. Instead of looking cheerful and fun, the fair looked sombre and doleful. 

 

They were strolling around, checking for anything interesting. Donghae, however, didn’t want to be here at all since the weather . He preferred being at home, snuggled in his bed and drinking a hot chocolate. For some reason, he didn’t like the atmosphere surrounding him. For the first time in years, he felt uncomfortable. Why exactly, he didn’t know. 

 

“Donghae.” 

 

Suddenly, he heard a faint whisper calling his name, and shivers ran down his spine. He jerked to a halt and he grabbed his friend by his hand. Sungmin turned around and he gave him a confused look.

“Did you hear that?” Donghae asked, feeling alerted.

“What? All I hear is people talking and laughing,” Sungmin replied, and he shrugged. 

“Never mind,” Donghae muttered, shaking his head. They continued walking. He had probably only imagined it.

 

They continued to stroll around, but Donghae wasn’t really interested in the fair. Actually, he hated crowded places and fairs definitely weren’t his favourite place to be. He didn’t know why there had to be a place where people were forced to have fun. As if you couldn’t have fun somewhere else. Fairs were idiotic. 

 

Then, something caught his attention. It was a tent and it looked like it belonged to a fortune teller. He tried to shrug off the weird sensation he was suddenly feeling. It was as if he was attracted to that tent, although he didn’t believe in that superstitious stuff. It was complete codswallop. He couldn’t understand people who believed in all that nonsense.

 

They finally found Sungmin’s mother’s booth, where she was selling sweets. She seemed really happy that they decided to stop buy and she gave them some sweet, for which the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter