RTFSC 2 - The Reason

Right Time for Second Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suhyun was frantically running through the corridors of YG building. She was obviously pissed off. Well, someone was hiding from her. Someone who said she’d share her love story. Yes. Akdong Musician's Maknae, Lee Suhyun was looking for one of YG's best solo artist, Lee Hi. A week has passed and ever since that night, Hayi never showed up in the company whenever Suhyun was around. Now she doesn’t know for the fact if Hayi was avoiding her or Bobby or Ikon or whoever the hell it is. Suhyun just wanted to know their freaking love story.

 

“Ouch!!” she shouted as she bumped into someone. She was thrown off the floor cause of the impact. She rubbed her nose that was hurt by the collision.

 

“Oh sorry. Here. Let me help you,” the guy said and offered his hand. Suhyun glared at that hand. But when she looked up, her eyes widen.

 

“O—oppa!!” Suhyun even stuttered. The guy just smiled and helped her up. Meanwhile Suhyun was just dumbly gaping at him.

 

“Suhyun you okay? Chanyuk would kill me if you’re not,” he jokingly said and even laughed. Suhyun stared at him and realized that she was making a fool out of herself.

 

“No! I mean yeah, I’m fine, Jinhwan-oppa,” Suhyun said and combed her hands through her hair. She was not really good at this. Come on, try talking to your crush.

 

“You’re looking for someone? Maybe I can help?” Jinhwan said and accompanied her in walking through the corridors meanwhile Suhyun was keeping an eye for Hayi.

 

“Yeah. I’m looking for Lee Hi-unnie. That bxtch didn’t even showed up for a week already,” Suhyun said and realized that she cussed. She immediately slapped . “Sheesh. Sorry for cursing,” Suhyun said which Jinhwan just smiled at her cuteness.

 

“Well, I guess they have to lie low. Sajangnim is sniffing around,” Jinhwan said in a low voice but Suhyun still heard it. They really should lie low. Sajangnim kept on monitoring iKON. Of course, at first glance, it would looked like he was just making sure that iKON would be flawless when they debut, but for very few people, they knew that their CEO was also looking out if Bobby and Hayi were seeing each other.

 

“Huh? Lie low? Sajangnim? What do you mean?” Suhyun’s brow creased. She really doesn’t understand it. And they? Who does he mean by ‘they’?

 

“Huh? It’s nothing. Don’t mind me,” Jinhwan said and scratched his head. Way to be busted. He thought that Suhyun already know about Bobby and Hayi but by the looks of it, she was clueless.

 

“Wait. It’s about Hayi-unnie and Bobby-oppa, right?” Suhyun finally comprehended what Jinhwan was talking about. Jinhwan nodded. “So why does Sajangnim ‘sniff around’ as you said?” Suhyun said and even quote in the air using her two fingers from both hands.

 

“Well I guess you don’t know what they had gone through for the past years,” Jinhwan answered and stopped at a door. “Anyway, I gotta go,” Jinhwan said and held the knob but before he could open it, Suhyun grabbed his hand to stop him.

 

“Tell me oppa. Tell me about them. Please,” Suhyun pleaded and try her best in the art of persuasion. Kim Jinhwan just stared at her for a long time then he sighed.

 

“Okay,” Jinhwan said in defeat which made Suhyun squealed and even hugged him. When Suhyun realized what she did, she immediately let go. “Sorry oppa. Just get excited,” Suhyun reasoned out.

 

That’s why here they are now. In one of the dance studio. Since it was still early for iKon’s training, they used the room. They sat on the floor, on the farthest corner of the room.

 

♫♫ I made you wait, crossed our little fingers ♫♫

 

“They meet during our trainee days. Hayi was a cheerful girl back then. Bobby was like his usual self, goofy and naughty. Their personality clicked and they became together. It was perfect. Well, almost,” Jinhwan started narrating. Suhyun nodded which urged Jinhwan to continue remembering the past.

 

“As you know, Hayi just spend months to train. During that time, they became in a relationship. Almost everyone knows it. The male trainees, us, iKON and Winner supported them. It was so obvious that they love each other though we are still young back then,” Jinhwan continued. Suhyun raised her hand which prompted Jinhwan to stop talking.

 

“Question. If they loved each other, why did they break up?” Suhyun seriously asked. She badly wanted to know her unnie’s past. It was obvious that she was different before she and Bobby broke up.

 

“I said almost perfect, right?” Jinhwan asked and Suhyun nodded. “When the date of Hayi’s debut was finalized, that’s also the time that Sajangnim talked to Bobby. He told Bobby to break up with Hayi. Since she was debuting, that kind of relationship was not allowed. I mean, who would idolize an artist that at the age of 16 was dating not even an idol but a trainee,” Jinhwan said. He remembered how Bobby was summoned by Yang Hyunsuk before. And on that very same day, after his meeting, he came back looking so defeated.

 

“Oh my gosh. They love each other. Why would Sajangnim be so cruel?” Suhyun reacted. She really didn’t understand why their CEO played the role of an antagonist in her Unnie’s love story.

 

“I know but you have to understand Sajangnim’s logic. They’re both so young that time. Bobby was just 17 and he was a trainee,” Jinhwan explained YG’s side. It was not just actually the mighty Yang Hyunsuk that decided for that ‘break up’ to happened. Almost all the members of the board voted for them to be separated. It was necessary for Hayi’s image to be built up.

 

“So they broke up? Just like that?” Suhyun asked. She actually hated it. If you loved each other, you should fight for your relationship right? Age doesn’t matter when it comes to love, anyway.

 

“Hayi actually didn’t want to break up. She would even decline her debut for Bobby,” Jinhwan sadly smiled when he remembered that moment. They were all there. Some of the winner and iKON members were there when Hayi barged in their training. This very same room.

 

“Yah, Kim Jiwon!!! What the hell?! Are you seriously letting me go?!” a very angry and pissed Lee Hayi bang the door of the dance room opened. The boys looked at her weirdly.

 

“Hey, Hayi,” Hanbin said, trying to play it cool. Hayi just glared at him. “Don’t hey me Hanbin. Yah, Ji, I’m talking to you,” Hayi said.

 

Bobby sighed and went in front of Hayi. He held both Hayi’s arms. He looked down at Hayi while Hayi stared at him. “Calm down, Hi,” he said but Hayi just scowled at him.

 

“Are you serious?! How can I calm down?! You’re breaking up with me!!” Hayi said and before she knew it, tears started to stream down her cheeks. “Tell me, how could I calm the fxxk down, when the guy I love was letting me go? How can I calm down when my heart was being torn down to pieces? How could I? It’s as if my chest was being stabbed repeatedly,” Hayi emotionally said and Bobby wiped the tears away from her cheeks. Bobby was actually hurting too but he couldn’t just steal Hayi away from her dream. She was so close to reaching it. He didn’t have the heart to interfere.

 

Bobby just stayed silent which fueled Hayi’s anger. She grabbed Bobby by the shirt for him to look her in the eye. “Don’t let go. Fight with me. I’m not gonna accept that debut,” Hayi said and let go of Bobby’s shirt. She inhaled deeply. Waiting for Bobby’s response to her decision.

 

Bobby was dumbstruck by what Hayi said. “The fxxk?! You’re rejecting your debut?! Are you insane?!” Mino shouted without even realizing it. The boys together with Hayi glared at him. Mino raised both his hands in defeat.

 

Kim Jiwon sighed and put his hand on his forehead. He looked so conflicted at that moment. “You can’t do it. You dreamt to be a singer. This is the perfect opportunity, grabbed it,” Bobby said which made Hayi to focus back at him.

 

“But I couldn’t just lose you. You’re also my dream come true,” Hayi said and even cupped Bobby’s cheeks. Bobby leaned on her touch.

♫♫ I made a promise to you. I didn’t keep it, I’m sorry. ♫♫

 

“My gosh! It’s so tragic,” Suhyun commented. Jinhwan offered his handkerchief to her because she was already crying.

 

“That’s when they promised to wait for the right time to be together again. Actually Bobby promised to wait for just a year. That’s how confident Bobby that we could debut in a duration of a year,” Jinhwan smiled when he remembered it which made Suhyun also smiled. Bobby could be really arrogant and conceited at times. Well, he had the talent so maybe he had the right to actually brag.

 

“We would be together, but just not this time. Just wait until I debut. We could be together again,” Bobby negotiated. He wrapped his arms around Hayi’s waist.

 

“But how long would that be?”  Hayi asked. She knew Bobby would d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter