one

Changing Tides: Spoiled Innocence

 

C h a n g i n g  T i d e s:

s p o i l e d  i n n o c e n c e

 

o . n . e

 

 

'Dad!'

 

A smack landed on the back of Hae's head. 

 

'Stop it.' Hyukjae warned. 

 

Hae padded towards Hyukjae, head down, lips downcast. 

 

Hyukjae noticed that and lifted Hae onto his lap.

 

'What is it baby?' He asked softly, trying to peer into Hae 's eyes. 

 

The boy stared up, 'It was only once Hyukkie! It wasn't my fault. I'm not a bad kid!' Hae suddenly cried out. 

 

Almost immediately, the teenager knew what was all this about. 

 

'Show me.' 

 

A fierce glint appeared as a six year old Hae balled his meaty fists and pretended to throw a punch at Hyukjae. His right fist gently touched Hyukjae 's sharp nose instead. 

 

Hae retracted his arms, 'And then his nose started to bleed.'

 

'Weak kid.' Hae continued to mutter, with a look of disdain. 

 

His Hyukkie had been the one who taught him to fight, and to hit the parts that hurt the most,  which did the worst damage. So Hae wasn't sorry at all. Since he was three he learned to fight back when bullied. 

 

What Hae didn't know was that his dear Hyukkie was going to be the person to pick up his mess. 

 

'Remember that fat kid I told you about? He was bullying Cho Kyuhyun. You remember him right?' 

 

Hyukjae nodded. 

 

'He is like me. But, he doesn't have anyone.' Hae leaned up and pecked Hyukjae's chin, a sad look over his little face, 'I have you. He has nobody.' 

 

Hyukjae's chest tightened as he pulled his darling tight, landing soft kisses over his dark soft hair.

 

'And you will always have me, Hae.'

 

Always

 

-

 

'Hyukkie stop here! Here!'

 

Hae was desperate. He tried climbing onto Hyukjae's lap, with an aim to get to the steering wheel.

 

What was ridiculous about this was that Hyukjae allowed him to do just that.

 

'The supermart! Stop stop!' Hae grabbed onto the steering wheel, his little body jumping around on Hyukjae's lap. But no matter how hard he tried to turn the steering wheel, he realised the car wouldn't stop and he couldn't figure why. 

 

Above him, Hyuk allowed a smile to steal across his usually cold and expressionless features. That kid. Of course the car wouldn't stop. Not if he is able to step onto the peddles below.

 

To Hae's ultimate dismay, the car came to a halt just outside his school gates. 

 

And then, as if to prove that this was Hae's worst day, his teacher came forward and leaned down with a smile at Hyukjae through the car windows.

 

The teen got off the vehicle with Hae in his arms.

 

'Mr Lee, I'm afraid this time round, you aren't just meeting with me. Our principal wants to talk to you about...' The teacher's gaze slided towards Hae and paused meaningfully. 

 

Hae turned to face the terrible teacher in Hyukjae's arm and stuck his tongue out. 'My Hyukkie is not meeting anybody! Go away you bad people!' Hae mimicked the wolf he saw in a documentary before and snared at the teacher.

 

'Hyukkie go back go back! I did nothing wrong Hyukkie. Hyukkie...' Hae hooked his arms around Hyukjae's and buried his little face onto his neck. 

 

The teacher rolled her eyes in disbelief when he saw the older patted the kid's back and even agreeing with that statement, 'Of course you did nothing wrong.'

 

'Donghae!' Somewhere a kid yelled. 

 

'Yay! You! What do you want again!' 

 

The boy who called out to Hae had a full head of fluffy messy looking hair. His white uniform crinkled and appeared grey. 

 

'Let's be friend Hae Hae! I don't want the cake anymore.' 

 

'I don't need friend. I have Hyukkie.' Hae buried his face into Hyukjae's neck again, not forgetting that he wasn't supposed to let Hyukkie meet the nasty principal, they were going to complain about Hae. He couldn't allow that.

 

'Go back Hyukkie, go back.' Hae whined.

 

'Mr Lee?' 

 

'Who is Hyukkie?'

 

Both the teacher and the messy-haired boy spoke. 

 

With Hae still in his arms, Hyukjae bent towards the boy. 'You are Kyuhyun.'

 

Not a question. 

 

The boy nodded. 'I don't want Hae Hae's cake. I want to be his friend!' 

 

'I don't want the cake Cho! It's already spoiled by now you stupid.'

 

Kyu gasped. Then he quickly ped his backpack and told the cake out. He the top.

 

'No Hae Hae, it's still very sweet!' How could it be spoiled? Kyu had saved it since yesterday's fight broke out. This precious little piece of cake. He excitedly lifted the cake to Hae in joy and Hyukjae quickly stood to his full height. Making sure the boy wouldn't accidentially smeared the cream onto Hae's face.  

 

'Throw it throw it! I don't want it anymore. I have already given it to you.'

 

'But, will you still be my friend even if i have nothing to give to you?' Tears appeared in Kyu's big round eyes.

 

Hae smacked Hyukjae's shoulder in frustration, 'Aish! Yes okay! I will be your friend. Are you happy now, you stupid.'

 

Kyu nodded happily. 

 

'Then, since we are friends. Will I have a cake from you everyday?' He chirped. 

 

-

 

Siwon threw his backpack onto the desk and rested his long legs on top of the tables.

 

'You're late.' 

 

'And you as well.' Hyukjae settled down next to his friend.

 

Siwon snorted, 'Must be your boy. Now, what mischief has he gotten into this time?' 

 

'His principal wanted to see me. And so i spoke to them.' 

 

'Principal?! What has our little Hae done this time?' This could be serious. It was no news about Hae's small fights, but when did it get to this? 

 

Hyukjae turned towards Siwon.

 

'Hae fought with a high ranking officer's son. I told them I would go over personally to apologize.'

 

But Siwon knew better. Hyukjae apologizing? No way. 

 

'Are you seriously going to do that?' Siwon taunted.

 

Hyukjae rested his head back on the seat and closed his eyes. 'What do you think?'

 

Siwon didn't have a good feeling about this. 

 

'Me?' Again

 

'Who else?'

 

Siwon stood abruptly, his chair toppling to the ground, 'Lee Hyukjae, my dad is--'

 

'One more word and you won't see me at the pier next week.'

 

That got Siwon to shut up. 

 

And, later that day, Siwon went over to the whatsoever officer's place with tons of presents and apologize as sincerely as he could ever be. At that moment, he even felt like he was the best actor on earth.

 

Lee Hyukjae. You devil. He thought bitterly.

 


 

A/N:

Alrighty! Hope you guys like this! Please comment and let me have your thoughts! (=