Two.

One and Only

 

CHAPTER TWO.

 


 

Areum sighed as she looked at her half cup of iced coffee. Well, it was iced but now it's just coffee. She didn't know why she bought the ice coffee in the first place, one- she hates coffee and two-she's on a diet. A diet that meant no coffee drinks, no late night snacks and no meat- except for seafood, because who can give up sushi?

It was a Monday, well it was almost turning midnight so I guess it was almost Tuesday morning. Areum found herself again, alone in the recording studio trying to compose a song for her newest album. It's been almost two and a half years since she had an album come out, and it's almost been three years since she dropped a single. Sihe came as a feature for some songs, but it wasn't anything big.

Areum felt bad for her fans who begged her to release something, even a little sinppet of her music. She was surprised that she still had fans even though she hadn't released anything for a while, but that's what fans are for. They stay with you through thick and thin, and they'll always be your number one support. While she was in the middle of her thoughts, she heard a knock on the door.

Confused at who would still be at the building at night, she answered. "Who is it?"

"Who else would bother you at 12 in the morning?" She heard Joon-Kyung answer before he entered into the room. When he saw Areum had two laptops pulled out he questioned whether he came at the wrong time, "Oh, am I disturbing you?"

"No, no no," She replied as she closed her laptops and putting them to the side. "What's up?"

"Remember our collaboration with Aomg?" He asked and she nodded. She totally forgot about the collaboration that they all agreed on doing, it's been almost two months since she last saw them. "Well, one of their music producers asked if you could meet up with him at their studio tomorrow? But looking at your condition I can--"

"What time?"

"Around six in the morning?"

"Oh damn, umm, did he say how long it would take?"

"He just said that he wanted to talk to you about when you would be free so the both of you can come up with ideas? It'll be you, him- it's Cha Cha Malone by the way- and I think another recording artist, I believe it might be Jay himself. Anyways, it won't be that long from the message that he told me, half an hour max?"  Areum nodded, running a hand through her hair, "My week is getting more packed by the second, but as long as I can get to Nylon's studio before nine, I have a shoot with them." Joon Kyung smiled, "Is my Areum modelling for their next issue?" A bright smile appeared on her face answering his question, "You're getting bigger by the day, you don't know how happy we are for you."

"You don't know how thankful I am for you signing me in."

 

"Areum, this cannot be long, I don't know how you possibly thought you can squeeze this into your schedule," Her manager, Mina, hissed at Areum while they made their way towards Aomg's building. As they entered into the building and waited for the elevator to come, Mina continued to press questions at Areum. "Who told you that you could agree to this? You should have asked me first! Or, you should have asked for another day! Do you know how far Nylon's Studio is from here, and considering how we're going to be caught in the morning traffic, oh dear god, I think I should give them a call."

As Mina was in the corner, dialing one of the managers and thinking of a good excuse, the elevator door opened, and out walked Cha Cha Malone, "Mrs.Park! What an honor to meet you!" He said as he greeted her with a friendly hug, and then hugged a distressed Mina, "I'm so happy that you could make it, seeing how busy your schedule might be."

"So am I.." Mina whispered, towards Areum of course, trying to keep her face as friendly as possible, "I'm her manager, Mina." The three entered into the elevator, "So, Mrs.Park, did Jay give you any more details about the collab?" "Call me Areum," She started of, "Actually no, I haven't been in contact with him about this whole collab thing." Cha Cha gave her a confused look as they exited the elevator and he guided them towards Aomg studios, "Well...um, that''s strange, but, yeah he's been kind of busy too, you know, with that whole Show Me The Money show, but anyways..Welcome to Aomg Studios!"

He let the two go through the front door and they came into contact with another male, Simon Domonic, "Nice to see you again, Areum." She gave him a friendly nod, "Should we get down to business?"

 

"Never. Do. That. Again," Mina said through gritted teeth as the two entered back to illionaire records, their bodies filled with pain, "Just..I'm going to go home now, don't..don't do anything stupid, alright? You're going to preform in China next month, and I don't want you to miss that, alright? Good night child." Mina picked up her bags and getting out her keys looking back at Areum, "Aren't you going to be going home too?"

She shook her head, "I've got thigs to do, have a safe drive Mina!" Mina nodded as she wiggled her phone in the air, "If you need anything, call me!" When Mina walked out of the door Areum let out a big sigh, throwing herself on the couch, "Oh how much I missed you sleep, I miss you." Those were the last words Areum said that night, before she fell into a deep sleep.

 

"Areum," She heard someone shaking her awake, "Areum wake up." She fluttered her eyes open, looking at her co-worker holding a glass of water for her, "Areum, goddammit, you were here the whole night again." Lim Sungbin, mainly known as Beenzino, scolded at her before helping her sit up on the couch, "Damn, you smell bad." Areum shot him one of her famous death glares before she took the glass of water and chugging it down, "What time is it?"

"Nine in the morning," He replied as he took a seat next to her, "Why is it that I always find you here in the same position every time?" "This is my home if you haven't noticed," She joked making him chuckle. "Seeing you like this is getting me worried man, you shouldn't be here alone at night." 

"Hyung," She called out. Areum never call any male oppa, she absolutely found the word strange and out of her liking, so she usually called them hyung, "Thanks for looking out for me." Beenzino shrugged as he got up from his seat on the couch, "Joon Kyung told me that you're getting some visitors soon."

"Who?"

"The people from Aomg, who was it again? Ah, yes, Jay and Gray are coming over today," Beenzino answered, "Didn't they tell you?" She shook her head 'no' but then quickly clarified her answer, "Maybe, but I must have forgotten." "This is what happens when an idoit like you spends their night sleeping on a couch." He replied before speeding out of the room. "Don't forget to look pretty!"

 

"Hm, I think that would best fit in with this concept," Areum replied as she worked deciding who should get each concept, "I think that it would fit him best, considering how he does more singing too?" Jay nodded before looking at Sunghwa, "I agree with her, is that alright with you? Would you like that as your concept? I mean when you do look at it overall, it really does fit his style compared to the rest of us. It would also add a new flavour to his new album."

Areum gave a nod, before focusing her eyes on Sunghwa. His furrowerd his eye brows, having a deep thought, before looking back up and locking eyes with Areum, "I think it's a great idea." She gave a clap, "Alright that's settled then! Who sould we start on next?"

"Do you want to take a break?" Sunghwa asked, his eyes locked on Areum even though here were focused on the table, "We've been working for a few hours and you seem a bit worn out?" Jay agreed with Sunghwa, "I don't mind it, I am starting to get a bit hungry. Should we order some food? Maybe some fried chicken?" Areum pursed her lips, "The both of you can have fried chicken, I think I'll skip on that offer." When she looked up the two males were staring at her in confusion, "I'm on a diet, remember?"

"So are you going to skip a meal?" Jay asked as he started to dial a number, "Hi, yes, is this Chicken Mania? Oh alright can I order.." He left the room asking about the special promotions, leaving Areum and Sunghwa together. "How are you so good at this?" Suhghwa blurted out, "I've never seen someone so confident in this industry." Areum shrugged, "This is my job, right? You've got to have a hard head to get far in this field."

"How did you know that hip-hop was your thing? You know, rapping and all that stuff?"

"I'm good with words, if that's what you're wondering. Otherwise, for all my life I've had a big interest in instruments and the only thing I would do is play and compose new sounds."

"That's amazing.." He paused, "You're really something."