Happiness...Miles Apart

Forced into the Fateful Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Been back to the native land after a few months and realising how much one can miss that familiar environment is also an experience that everyone should attain at least once in their lifetime. It produces a sense of belonging when people don't gawk at you strangely, knowing you are a foreigner. All at once these thoughts clouded Jungmin's brain when he stepped foot in Korea. The overwhelming sensation of homecoming gripped him affectionately.

Though an adventure-loving person in his heart and always looking for right opportunities, Jungmin still felt a surge of happiness flood him when he came back to Korea. It was just two days back that he was called back to the Korean headquarter of Kim Corporations and that too by the owner of the company, Kim HyunJoong, himself, his boss and recently husband of Jungmin's bestfriend and long-time crush, Young Saeng. Yes, now he is aware it was only a friend complex and a friendly crush on Young Saeng because he didn't miss Saeng as much as one should miss their lover or other-half. He was a bit surprised when HyunJoong called him back telling his work was over in Hong Kong and that he was needed back in Korea. Jungmin knew well enough that he had completed only half of the mission he was assigned. True, the production of the Hong Kong branch increased after he took charge but still it was nowhere near the targeted level. But, of course, he didn't go against his boss, who is a a prodigy in the field of business. So, Jungmin took the earliest flight back to Korea.

Jungmin was quite engrossed in his thoughts, that was why he didn't hear the voice calling out his name at first. But the persistent voice went on invading his privacy and at the end was able to draw his attention to the source of that annoying voice. Looking up Jungmin saw a familiar figure waving hands at him enthusiastically with a wide smile decorating his face.

"Jungmin-ah, what a pleasant surprise! What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at Hong Kong?" The person breathed out all the querries at once.

"Hyungjun-ah, one question at a time, okay?" Jungmin said, a bit annoyed at Hyungjun's childish gestures.

"Okay. So, what are you doing here?"

"Oh, I'm back." Jungmin replied simply.

"That I can see. But, aren't you supposed to be at Hong Kong?" 

"Yes, but I was called back by your beloved brother-in-law. He said I'm needed here."

"You mean HyunJoong hyung called you?"

"Do you have any other brother-in-law about whom I don't know?" Jungmin scoffed.

"No," Hyungjun gave a sheepish smile in a false attempt to conceal the silly question. "But he only sent you saying you are much more needed in Hong Kong than in Korea? After all, he himself, is present here."

"Hyungjun-ah, how am I supposed to know what's going on in his brain? Anyway, what are doing at the airport?"

"Oh, I came to see off a friend of mine who went to study abroad."

"I see. How's your job going here? Are you coping?"

"Hmm...barely." Jungmin was bit wary with Hyungjun's reply but watching Hyungjun smirking he knew Hyungjun was just being playful. Jungmin hit him on the head playfully. Hyungjun tried to run away.

Jungmin was offered a lift by Hyungjun. During the drive Jungmin asked about Young Saeng. Being a close friend of Young Saeng, he felt guilty for not being able to turn up to Young Saeng's mother's funeral. Hyungjun brushed it off, though.

"Jungmin-ah, you know Saengie hyung. He is not upset with you. You had a reason. Work pressure is not something which can be ignored. Also, we were there for him the entire time, especially HyunJoong hyung."

"I know but still I can't help but feel guilty."

"Don't be. I know you must have tried hard to come and believe me, Young Saeng hyung knows it too. So, don't worry."

Getting a much needed reassurance, Jungmin further querried, "how is he now? How did he cope with his loss?"

"He was very much upset but you know, somewhere we all were prepared for this. Mom had been suffering for long. It was bound to happen. Still, Saengie hyung mourned for her a lot. What else can you expect from a sensitive fellow like him? But the last time I saw him a week after Mom's funeral, when we went to Jeollabuk-do to retrieve her things, he looked much better."

"I'm glad to know." Jungmin breathed a sigh of relief. "Do you think it's okay if I visit him now?"

"Sure. Just give him a call and then go and visit him. I'm sure he'll be happy to have you over."

Hyungjun's words were cut off by a shrill ring of his phone. Hyungjun parked the car and pulled his cell phone out of the pocket. Glancing at the screen he was a bit surprised to see the caller but nevertheless, he answered.

At the Kim's Mansion:

Morning dawned upon the gloomy Kim Mansion. 

KyuJong came for work as usual. Though he stays at the outhouse but still its a bit far from the main house. The whole compound, where the Kim Mansion is located is huge with lawns, gardens, swimming pool, tennis court, gym.

KyuJong has his personal keys of this mansion, which HyunJoong gave him years ago after he took charge of the house keeping duties. He used that and entered inside. It felt strange as if there were no other person around. KyuJong could not recall HyunJoong telling him of any upcoming trips. Usually when he came over to the mansion, either HyunJoong or Young Saeng were up already, if not both of them. Somedays though it happened otherwise but it was rare. It seemed it was one of those rare days. Kyu decided to start coffee and breakfast and then wake the couple up.

Kitchen was Kyu's destination. But he never reached there. On the way he encountered an unconscious Young Saeng on the floor of the drawing room. KyuJong hurriedly went over to the unconscious figure and picked him from the floor to the couch. He tried calling Young Saeng but to no avail. He then took some water and sprinkled on

Please log in to read the full chapter