And So

Let's Make A Bet (Are We On?)
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Ahh…Busan.”

Stepping off the bus platform and lugging two large backpacks with him, Taehyung opens his arms wide to welcome the sight before him and tilts his head up to breath in the air that is Busan, only to cough and make a face shortly after. “Ugh, why does it have to be so humid today? I feel like I just stepped into an oven and on the way into becoming burnt cake.”

It is Jimin’s idea that they’re visiting the city, considering that his parents owned a house by the beach that hasn’t been used for the past half year and it’s the perfect opportunity to come by because it’s the beginning of their summer vacation. It’s also a plus for Taehyung because being the city person that he is, he never has the chance to leave Seoul and explore the beautiful sights other cities have to offer. Well, once. Just once, he can vaguely recall coming around this part of the country with his parents, but that was years ago.

( and honestly though, Taehyung kind of regrets it just a little bit right about now. He hates the summer heat, after all. That’s his only complaint )

“Oh shush.” Jimin chides, rolling his eyes as he pushes the male forward with his forearm so that he has space to leave the bus. He jerks the strap of his bag higher up his shoulder as he pulls his sunglasses over his eyebrows, narrowing one eye at him as if he’s anticipating such a reaction. “You should’ve expected the weather to be something like this, since it’s the beginning of summer and all. Or would you rather hightail back to Seoul and stay home for the next three months?”

Upon hearing this, the brunette turns to him with a look of horror and incredulity. “God no! My mom told me she’s going to take advantage of me not being home so she could have a quote on quote alone time with dad. I refuse to be a part of it, damn it!”

And she's been planning that for roughly a month, making sure everything's all neat and perfect because "I want to live my younger days again. You would understand it one day, Taehyungie."

Uh, no he wouldn't.

“Then your argument is invalid so it up.” The older male ignores the pouty look adorning his best friend’s face and checks for the time. “We’re hailing a taxi by the way; the beach house is still kind of far from here.”

Wiping off the sweat that’s forming down his jaw, Taehyung fans himself quickly with a hand and adjust his snapback properly over his head. “Instead of hailing for a taxi, why don’t we just walk around to check up the shops? I want ice cream, Jiminie. Ice cream and fried chicken-“

“Why the hell would you want fried chicken in this heat. Are you insane? Did the sun fry your mind so deep that you’re unable to tell what are the proper foods to eat?” The dark-haired male interrupts and taps the side of his head, only to receive a slap in return. He rubs his hand with a feigned hurt look and continues, “No really. Ice cream’s fine but fried chicken?”

Taehyung gives him a look that says ‘it’s quite obvious’ and simply responds with, “It’s good for any weather.”

It’s at that moment that Jimin throw his hands into the air in defeat, “Why am I friends with you again?”

-

In the end, with Taehyung’s persistent whining and begging, the two are now within one of the larger shopping centers located in Busan. It’s thrived with loud music, chattering people, and laughing children, a sight that makes Taehyung even more excited than he should be. Taking a bite out of his melting strawberry ice cream that Jimin generously paid for- with an IOU attached to it, he trots ahead to see what he can find, ignoring the groa

Please log in to read the full chapter