Just Another Peaceful Weekend

A Bulletproof Father...?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It’s the weekend. The most hateful word now for Seokjin. The kids would come back home with overflowing energy, knowing they can finally play and get out of the house. His drive back home seemed longer with their nonstop babbling. But something was odd, a specific tone was missing amongst all of the voices. Seokjin used the driver’s hanged mirror to glance at the back seats. Jimin was resting his head on Namjoon’s shoulder with a dull expression. His face was poker, was he sad? Guess Seokjin found his first chore for today.    Arriving safely, Taehyung dragged Jimin’s almost limp body behind him to the house. He refused to play with Taehyung who whined loudly.    T:”Jimin! You promised to play tag with me and Hoseok!”    J:”Jiminnie don’t want to...Jiminnie want sleep”    T:”You’re lazy! And a liar!”    J:”Jiminnie not a liar!”    T:”Liar, liar, pants on fire!” Jimin’s eyes teared as he couldn’t fight anymore. He feels fatigued and very moody unlike him. Seokjin came to break them apart.    S:”Taehyung, don’t treat your brother like that...Jiminnie what’s wrong with you? Is something bothering you?” Jimin shook his head slowly while wiping the unshed tears with the hem of his sleeves. “Come on, you can tell me..”    J:”Nothing wrong...Jiminnie tired”    S:”You’re just tired? Well, how about a nice nap, hm?” He nodded silently, and Seokjin carried him up the stairs. His small head rested on Seokjin’s firm shoulder while dangling his arms limply. He must be so exhauted for a vague reason. The oldest lied the boy down and covered him with the blanket. Planting a small kiss on his forehead, Seokjin closed the door after leaving.    Downstairs, Hoseok came jumping toward the oldest, literally.    H:”Hyung! Hyung! Hyung!”    S:”What Hoseok?”    H:”Please! Please! Please!”    S:”What?!!”    H:”My friends are outside, can I go and play with them? Pleeeeaaaaase!!” He was rubbing his palms while jumping and pleading altogether.    S:”Sure, why not?”    H:”Oh my god! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!”    S:”Okay! Okay just relax!” Hoseok got so energetic these days, his bashful character finally is pealing off to someone who is outgoing and active, and mostly, confident. The young lad ran outside to play with his school mates, leaving Taehyung lonely behind. The boy was standing with a disappointed face beside Seokjin. He turned to glance at Jungkook who was lying in front of the T.V along with Yoongi. And he knows both of them will reject him. Not excluding Namjoon who was doing his homeworks and he will do the same. He huffed and went to sit on the carpet covering the floor of the living room. Seokjin felt a little bit sad for him, Taehyung never played alone, always dragging his brothers with him. So, he walked and crossed legs on the floor beside him. “Tae? Would you like to play with me?” His lips stretched into a very big grin.    T:”Really?!”    S:”Yeah!” He kneeled and placed both hands on Seokjin’s thigh to support himself and stand.    T:”Thank you hyung! You’re the best!” Seokjin chuckled and stood too.    S:”What would you like to play?”    T:”Hide and seek! I hide, you seek!”    S:”Alright! Go ahead!”    T:”Then cover your eyes so I can hide!” Seokjin pressed both palms on his eyes, but Taehyung protested, “No! You should do it the right way! Against the wall!”    S:”Okay! Okay!” He huffed and walked to the wall to bury his face into his arms and started counting. “One, two, three, four…” Taehyung ran with a tongue captured between his teeth. He was running in circles to find a good spot for hiding, “twenty eight, twenty nine, thirty...are you done?!”    T:”Not yet! Till hundred!” He shouted at the older from behind the wall where he ended up in the inner living room. All places were obvious, so he entered the bathroom and hid inside the bathroom’s cabinet.    S:”Hundred! Ready or not, here I come!” Since Seokjin didn’t like playing in the first place and did it for the young lad, he asked Yoongi who pointed at the inner living room. Seokjin searched under the sofas, tables, inside closets, but he couldn’t find him. Finally, he entered the bathroom and found him in the cabinet by the door. “There you are!” He tickled him and the boy giggled charmley.    T:”Now my turn! Go hide! One, two, three, four…” Seokjin ran to hide in his room. He waited and waited under the bed for a long time, Taehyung must be searching the whole house. It was like a nice break under his bed and he almost fell asleep waiting for the boy. The door flew open and Taehyung crawled under the bed beside him, pecking the oldest’s nose while declaring, “found you~!”    S:”You got me Tae…”    T:”Now my turn!” Taehyung ran away energetically, leaving no choice for the oldest but to shut his eyes and count down. He thought the game was over, but looks like Taehyung won’t stop any sooner.        *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*       Seokjin’s expectations were right, Taehyung refused to stop playing till sunset. His savior was Hoseok entering the house loudly.    H:”I’m home~!”    T:”Hyung!” Taehyung ran to him and jumped to cling on his abdomen like a monkey. “Play with me!”    H:”Why won’t you play with Jiminnie?” Seokjin slammed his forehead from where he was lying on the floor in tiredness, he forgot to wake the boy up, now Jimin won’t be able to sleep the night after getting a lot of sleeping. He climbed two stairs at a time and headed to the kids’ bedroom. Turning the lights on, Seokjin found Jimin burying his face into the sheets while gripping hardly on them. His legs were kicking the blanket and he was mewling lowly.    S:”Jimin? It’s time to wake up dear..” He kneeled beside him and patted his back. Jimin glanced at him with hooded teary eyes, and Seokjin noticed how he was breathing heavily. “Jimin?! What’s wrong?” Reaching to remove his locks from his eyes, Seokjin felt his forehead burning hot! “Oh god!! You’re burning!” He slipped a hand under his chest to carry his limp heavy body, and Jimin was desperately nuzzling into Seokjin’s chest. Although they lived two years together, Seokjin has no experience at all on how he should act with a sick kid. Seokjin was responsible enough to keep them away from sickness, but here is Jimin, hyperventilating with low whimpers.    The drill yet was well known, he carried Jimin to his private bathroom on the same floor and washed his face and limbs with cold water. Then he placed him back on his sheets before running down to fill a bowl with water and ice and grab a towel. The others saw how he was rushingly moving, sensing that something bad happened, so they followed up. The view of their precious little brother crying silently with a towel on his head brought tears to their eyes.    N:”Is he sick?!”    H:”Poor Jimin!”    Y:”Do we have a medicine?!”    T:”Jiminnie!” Taehyung and Jungkook ran to straddle each side of him. His twin was under a shock, mouth hanging open with a frown, silently staring. Jungkook reached to grab his very warm hand, but Seokjin warned,    S:”No! Don’t come near you might get infected!” He carried Jungkook back to the door, then Taehyung who was still staring. “Don’t worry, he’ll be fine, I’ll go to buy an antipyretic from the near pharmacy, Yoongi, make sure no one enters this room!” And he flee like a rocket to the pharmacy.        It took Seokjin five minutes with all the running he did. Climbing the stairs back up after kicking his shoes off. He found Taehyung sitting by the door, staring up at him when he heard the oldest.    S:”Don't worry he’ll be fine after this! Go back to your brothers!” And he closed the door behind him. “Hey, Jiminnie…” The boy cracked his eyes open and a tear dropped. He looked so pitiful, with his cheeks crimson red, locks damped with cold sweat, and chest heaving up and down. Seokjin reached to wipe his tear, “shhh, it’s okay, you’re gonna be fine…”    J:”Hyung... hurts…” He mewled with a raspy voice. He must have a sore throat too.    S:”I know...this will make the pain go away…” He poured the medicine and raised Jimin to sit and fed him the bitter liquid. “There, good boy…” The boy retched from the strong taste, but thankfully managed not to vomit from Seokjin’s soothing hand on his back. “Go back to sleep…” He tended to stand when Jimin’s small hands gripped on his pants.    J:”Don’t leave Jiminnie…”    S:”Aww, Jimin…” Seokjin was on the verge of weeping, yet he didn’t let it happen for the boy needs his support now more than ever. “What would Jiminnie want to do? Would you like a story? Hm?” Jimin nodded slightly, urging his body to move and scoop closer to the older’s warmth.        After Jimin fell asleep, Seokjin leaved the room very quietly, keeping the door ajar in case he woke up to hear him. All of the boys were waiting tensely downstairs, and as soon as they glanced Seokjin, they ran to him.    Y:”How’s Jimin?”   N:”Is he okay?!”    H:”Is he in pain?” Taehyung stood beside them with concerned eyes that deliver what he feels even if he didn’t speak. Seokjin felt arms clinging to his leg, and looked down to see Jungkook with a frown topping his wide eyes.    Jk:”Hyung…”    S:”Guys it’s just a fever...he’ll be okay after the medicine…”   T:”I want to see him…”   S:” No Tae, you can’t, you’ll catch the fever too!”    T:”But-! My roommate…”   S:”I know you love him Taehyung, we all do...but just for tonight sleep in my room, okay?” No one protested, and so, Seokjin grabbed all of their sheets and placed them on his bedroom’s floor. Vice versa, he took his own sheets and laid them beside Jimin to take care of him through the night.      And what a night it was. The boys could hear their sick brother crying every now and then from sickness. They found themselves curling into each other in concern of what might happen to him. It’s their dearly beloved who they’re isolated from now. And it’s more painful that they can’t do anything for him or even step near to him.    Taehyung couldn’t hold back anymore. He sneaked out of the room and went to where his twin was. Slowly opening the door and slipping in beside his brother. The oldest slept while trying to keep his ears focused. He could hear some small stir and Jimin mumbling.    J:”Taetae…” Jimin reached with a wavering hand for his brother, and the latter held it cherishly.    S:”Taehyung? What are you doing here?!” Seokjin woke up and saw their hands interlocked, almost turning crazy from fear the latter will be contaiged. He hurried to carry Taehyung, but neither of them liked it.    T:”NO! I want to stay with Jimin!”    S:”No Tae! I told you do not enter this room!”   T:”But I want to see Jiminnie!”   S:”God! Tae! Why can’t you understand?! I don’t want you to get sick too!”   T:”I don’t care! I want Jimin!!” He wiggled too much between Seokjin’s hands and slipped out of his grip. Running back to his brother’s side. But Seokjin came to separate them again, that’s when Seokjin lost his temper.    S:”TAEHYUNG!! GET OU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter