Courtyard

A Less Perfect Love Story

CHAPTER II

The sky was blue to the extreme, with few fluffy white clouds floating freely. The green grass went on for miles, while the cool breeze blew through the flowers surrounding the courtyard. The students all ran out and spun around in joy. "Okay class. Gather around over here. Remember, what I said inside the classroom?", Ms.Bom said with an eye smile. The class replied with excitement. "YES TEACHER!"-

Ms.Bom hooked arms with two girls beside her and waved everyone off. "Alright, remember, 3 boy and 3 girls plese! I don't want to see anyone sitting alone!", she shouted as she pulled the two female students away to a bench under a tree.

"Okay, so let's hear it. You both met me in the classroom, now it's your turn to introduce yourselves.",Ms.Bom said, patting the girls' back to ease the tension. The two girls smiled back as the girl with red hair motioned for the other girl to go. "Well, Nice to meet you Ms.Bom. You're beautiful, I really admire how chill you are. It's only been 1hr and 30 mins since I've met you, and I already like you.",The girl with the brown wavy hair said. "My name is Koo Ari.", she said with a smile as she stuck her hand out. Ms.Bom smiled and shook her hand. "Ah, You don't have to say all that!", she said as she giggled. Ari squeezed Ms.Bom's hand and smiled widely,showing her charming eye smile. "I'm serious!", Ari said as all three of the giggled.

"Well, I guess it's my turn.", the girl with the red hair said as she cleared . She extended her hand out to her teacher and smiled. "My name is Gong Minji, and I really admire you too Ms.Bom.", she said as they shook hands. Ms.Bom sighed and pulled the two girls into a tight hug. "I can already tell you two will be on my good list.".

They chatted for a few minutes before Ms.Bom stood and told everyone to switch partners/groups."Everyone, please make sure you're mingling with the opposite . I want our class to be really close regardless of your gender! I saw most of you boys hanging out with other boys, and girls hanging out with girls. Mix it up please."

ARI'S POV

"Minzy, let's go over there where Nana and Tiffany is.", I said as we linked arms, approaching the girls. We sat down and as soon as I opened my mouth- "Everyone, please make sure you're mingling with the opposite .", Ms.Bom said. I shut my eyes and slammed my head onto the table in annoyance. I hate talking to these idiots. The boys in our school are no where near the hot boys at Epik High School...

I stood up and frowned at the girls. They all sighed and we split, walking to different parts of the courtyard. I stopped as I came across a boy with blackish/brown hair, and a goofy smile. He waved my direction and smiled. "Hey! Come on over!", he shouted. I looked left, right and behind me, not sure if he was talking to me. I've seen this guy around the school before, but I've never had class with him. I think his name is- "Jackson.. Wang Jackson... Well, I mean... Jackson Wang. That's how I say it back where I'm from.", he said with that same goofy smile. I smiled back and shook his hand. "Nice to meet you Jackson! I've seen you around, but I guess this is our first meet. My name is Ari.. Koo Ari.", I said as we began talking. He told me he was from Hong Kong, but here as a trainee to become an idol. He's into sports, and obviously a joker. He was pretty cool to be honest.

"Wow! That's amazing Jackson! You could've been in the Olympics! That's craaazzzyyy!", I shouted as i punched his arm playfully. He chuckled and nodded. "Yeah, I liked fencing, but my heart is here.. I'm sure something amazing will come out of this crazy adventure to Korea.", he said. We both talked for a while, and it felt like I knew this guy for a long time. Good vibes from this guy, I hope we could become friends in the near future.

I stood and dusted off my skirt. "Well, it was nice meeting you Wang Jackson!", I said with an eye smile. He stood and bowed with a smile. "It was a pleasure meeting you Ari, we gotta talk again soon! Glad we're in the same class!", he said, and with that we bid farewell, looking for our next partners.

I walked up the trail alone, admiring the fresh air and beautiful scenery. I stopped as soon as I saw a familiar face conversing with Ms.Bom. "Youngji!", I shouted as I waved at her. She smiled and waved back, pointing at Ms.Bom letting me know she's too busy to talk. "I'll talk to you later", she mouthed the words to me. I nodded and gave her the 'ok'. I turned the corner and saw a boy with dark black hair sitting alone by the fountain. "Umm... can I sit here?", I asked. He smiled brightly and moved his coat for me to sit. I sat and extended my hand out toward him. "My name is Koo-" - "Koo Ari.", he said with a devious smirk. I got confused and just found myself nodding. He chuckled and grabbed my arm. "You don't remember me?! It's me.. Jaebum! We went to Elementary together, but I moved. We were bestfriends.", he said, trying to refresh my memory on every little thing we did together.

"I'm sorry..."I said as I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. He sighed and looked up at the sky.. "AH! Cookie Monster! Remeber you talked to me because you liked my Cookie Monster Lunch Box?", he said with a smile. Ah-ha! "Oh my gosh, Jaebummie, is that you?!", I said in excitement as I gave him a hug. I know some might think I'm crazy for hugging a boy that's not my boyfriend, but he really was my bestfriend back then. It was so nice to see him.

SHOWNU'S POV

"What's up man.", I said as I shook Jackson's hand. "Did you see JB?", he said as he looked around the courtyard. "Umm... nah man. I lost him once we left the classroom.", Jackson said as he sat back on the huge rock behind him. "Hmm... I'll just find him later. Anyways, what's up with you man? Your training still going good? I know we're training a lot these days, but you'll get used to it.. If you really want it, this isn't that bad.", I said with a reassuring smile. "Better days will come bro, and before you know it, we'll debut and all the girls will be calling our name man!", I said as we both laughed. "Alright, but you gotta promise me we'll debut soon hyung.", he said with a smile. I stuck my fist out, and he bumped it. "Your reactions are so old school hyung!", he teased. The conversation went on for a few more minutes before I've seen a few students spreading around. "Hey, do we have to change?", I asked one girl passing by. She blushed and nodded slowly. "Yeah, Ms.Bom said to switch. I think.. I don't really know what's going on, I just got here, sorry.", she said as she walked away. She's kinda cute.

"Well, I'll let you find another partner Jackson, catch you later.", I said as we gave each other the nod, and I walked away.

"Hey, over here!!", a girl called out from the side. "Me?", I asked confused. She nodded desperately and roughly waved her arm for me to hurry. I sat down feeling a bit awkward. She looked behind me and fake sighed. "Awww, sorry Hyunsik. I already have a partner... maybe next time.", she said as i watched the boy walk away disappointed. I burst out in laughter and sat down. "Sorry, I just can't sit with him. He's been hitting on me since Jr.High.", she said as we both laughed. "So what's your name dude?". she asked as she leaned back, totally calm. I nodded and leaned back as well. "My name's Shownu. You?", I asked. "Names Nana, Pleased to meet you.", she said with a smile. She told me about her dreams to become a model, and I could see potential in her. She was a beauty, but somehow not my type. "That's cool. I think you'd do well.", I said as I gave her a thumbs up. I told her how I'm a trainee and that I like sports, especially swimming. "Wow, that's cool Shownu! Maybe one day you'll debut, and I will too, but I'll be a model. I doubt I'd ever sing.", she said with a giggle. "Who else did you say you were training with?", she asked as she tipped her head to the side. "Jackson, Junior, and JB.. a few others too.. by the way, have you seen JB?", I asked. She squinted her eyes and looked around the courtyard. "Him?", she asked pointing to JB sitting with a girl by the fountain.

She was actually really beautiful. Long wavy brown hair, body measurements just right, and a beautiful smile. The was she lookes as she smiled at JB while talking made me feel some type of way. I nodded slowly as I stared at the two of them talking. "Oh, he's talking with my friend Ari.", she said with a smile. "You know her?", I asked as she looked at me like I just asked a stupid question. "Yeah, I've known her almost my whole life. It's safe to say we're best friends..Well, there's a group of us, not just us two.", she said as she flipped her hair behind her shoulder. I saw everyone standing up and walking away again. "I guess it's time to change huh? I'll see you later Shownu, nice meeting you dude. ", she said as she walked away.

I need to find out more about that girl talking to JB.