First Day

A Less Perfect Love Story

C H A P T E R I 

"Welcome to class everyone. I will be your home room teacher this year." she said as she grabbed the chalk and proceeded to write her name on the board. "My name is Lee Park Bom. But you all can call Ms.Bom.", she said with a cutesy eye smile. The class became full of whispers from every corner. "She's hot!", one boy said to the other. They all chuckled as she walked down the aisle. "Excuse me..", she said as she tapped her ruler on the desk of a young boy who had his head down. His seat partner shook his arm. "Hey, Shownu... the teacher's talking to you.", she whispered in his ear.

His head shot up, and he fixed his tie. "I-I'm sorry Ms.Bom.", he said bowing his head. She giggled and pat his back. "It's okay Shownu. Get some rest, it's your first day. I'll let you off easy, but try to sleep more at home, ok?", she said as she walked back to the front of the classroom. "Well, we're supposed to start in our text books today, but I hate text books.", she said with a devious smile. The class looked at each other excited at what she might say next. "Everyone, let's go spend the day in the court yard!", she shouted as everyone cheered and applauded. She walked over to the door, but stopped everyone from going out. "One rule. You MUST talk to 3 females, and 3 males. Maybe even more if you want, but please do not sit alone. If I see someone by themselves, we're coming back in. Understood?", she shouted. "YES TEACHER!", everyone responded with excitement. "LET'S GO!!!", she shouted as she lead everyone to the courtyard.

ARI'S POV

The first day of school.. I have a love/hate relationship with school. I'm not much of a book worm, but I love the people. I opened my classroom door and sighed. "First one here. Amazing. I hate this place, it makes me feel icky.", I mumbled as i chose a random seat. I looked up at the board which read: 'Seat partners must be boy/girl'. One by one, students came in and sat in a desk, and everyone avoided sitting in a seat next to someone until it was unavoidable.

I took my apple out, kicked my legs ontop of my desk and slouched back. "Hey Ari!", Minzy shouted as she walked into the classroom. I squealed as I ran up to her and gave her a tight hug. "Minzy, Ari!", Tiffany and Nana shouted from across the room as they ran toward us. "I can't believe we're all in the same class!", I shouted in relief. "I wonder if Youngji has this class too.", Minzy said with a smile. Nana rolled her eyes and flicked her hair behind her shoulder. "I hope not.", she said. I pinched her arm and scolded her. "Don't say that Nana. She's a nice girl.", I said with a smile. She squinted her eyes and slowly shook her head. "I don't know about that Ari.. There's something fishy about that girl.. Something doesn't add up, and I don't like her.", she said. I rolled my eyes and forced everyone to go to their seat as soon as I saw our teacher come in.

"She's new..", I said as I walked back to my seat. I found a boy next to me with his head down on his desk. "Hmmm.... Show..nu... Shownu?", I mumbled to myself, looking at his notebook with all kinds of drawings on the cover. I shrugged and sat down.

SHOWNU'S POV

I'm going to be late for the first day of school if my brother doesn't come back home. I leaned against the door way of my house, getting a little shut eye before my brother get's home. I sighed and felt my eyes close shut. "Shownu~ get up bro, you gotta go to school man!", my brother said. I shot up and looked at my watch. "What time is it?!", I shouted as I grabbed my bag and slipped my shoes on. "It's 15 minutes till the bell, you better get going man!", he said as he pushed me out of the door. I grabbed a bagel and stuffed it down my throat. "I'll see you later man, sorry i made you wait!", he shouted as I made a run towards school.

I climbed up the hill, dry heaving as I saw the school gates in sight. I looked down at my watch to check the time. "8 minutes..", I said, trying to catch my breath. I walked in the gates and up the stairs to my classroom. "What's up Wonho!", I said with a smile, relieved that my bestfriend was in my class. I took a seat next to him and swung my bag onto the desk. "Bro, you can't sit here man. You have to sit boy-girl with your seat partner.", he said pointing at the board. I smirked and extended my fist out toward him. "Yeah man, bringing us closer to the honeys! I think I'll like this teacher.", he said as we both laughed.

"Well, I'm gonna go find a seat then. Catch you later man.", I said as I swung my bag over my shoulder and proceeded to the next set of desks in the back. A little lime green bag sat on the desk beside the one I sat in. "Ari...", I mumbled as I read the name of the notebook on the desk. I shrugged and put my head down. "Just five minutes...", I mumbled under my breath before falling asleep.

"Excuse me..", I heard someone say. I scrunched my eyebrows in frustration. This voice had nothing to do with my dream. I felt my body shake, and my eyes plopped open.

"Hey, Shownu... the teacher's talking to you.", I heard a soft and gentle voice whisper into my ear, feeling a chill run down my spine. I shot up and straightened out my tie. "I-I'm sorry Ms.Bom.", I sad bowing . The teacher smiled and pat my back.

"It's okay Shownu. Get some rest, it's your first day. I'll let you off easy, but try to sleep more at home, ok?", she said as she walked away. She began talking about going outside and spending the day talking to other classmates. I turned to see Wonho and JB looking at me with devious smiles. I smirked and nodded. "yeah man.", I shouted. I bit my bottom lip and turned to see my seat partner had already left. Guess i won't see who she is till later. Oh well..

 {Writers Notes: I'm a new writer, please support me and give me some feedback :) Thank you}