Chapter 3- Rehabilitation

Symptoms

((This is the chapter written by me and MyNameIsKris. He plays Jonghyun on an RP where I play Changmin. I played Yunho just for this purpose and I have rewritten parts of it into this 'final chapter', please enjoy~ ;) Been thinking about adding something else onto this but unsure, comments? Suggestions? Leave em below. )

Having eliminated the possibility of it being anyone else in the group at this point, Yunho finds himself knocking on the door of one Kim Jonghyun in the middle of the day. No, Changmin doesn't know that Yunho's legitimately asking the members, and he intends to keep it that way. Despite the maknae's trickery, he'd actually even asked Taemin. Yunho prided himself on the way he went about it, never having actually given away
why he was asking. He wasn't after outing them to the entire group after all. Min was right, it was his business. As a leader though, it was Yunho's business to know...dammit. Unofficially, he was curious as hell and maybe a little protective. Or a lot. That was essentially his baby that he'd raised like a parent since 2010, or his practical wife, however you looked at it. Sighing, he composes himself and prepares to face the member that apparently his precious maknae has been seduced by...


Roo ran to Jonghyun's door, barking because someone was outside as he looked at his door with a raised eyebrow, talking to Min on the phone. "You're not outside are you, Min?" He asked quietly, not moving from his spot. "Cause someone's here. And I suddenly have a bad feeling.." He said as he quietly walked to his door and looked out the little peep hole he had. He felt his stomach drop to his feet as he sighed quietly walking away just as quietly as he had walked up to it. "Well..Cat's out of the bag, baby. Yunho's here. I'll talk to you later, if I'm still alive." He said before he hung up and sighed. God damn it. Why. He checked his appearance in the mirror, he looked decent enough. Not too fancy but not too casual. He fixed his hair before he steeled himself, letting his stage persona leak into his actual personality. He'd need the poker face if he was going to survive this. With steeled nerves he let his footsteps be heard walking to the door as he opened it a little to peek outside, seeing Yunho there like he hadn't just looked at him a few seconds ago. "Yunho? What brings you here?" He asked, opening the door fully Roo waiting patiently behind him like she had been trained.


As soon as the door opens, Yunho clears his throat and then crosses his arms, all business. He fixes Jonghyun with a look, practically screaming at the younger singer not to bull him, he lives with Changmin after all. Years have taught him how to read poker faces and lies quite easily. "Jjong, hello." he greets, not rudely, but short and to the point. "Are you going to let me into the room? I doubt you want this to be overheard..." he waits, patiently, again not really after getting either male in trouble here. He just...wanted to confirm, and talk....and possibly make damn sure Jonghyun knew the consequences of if any of this came back to hurt his precious maknae....


Jonghyun smiled, moving out of the way letting the older inside, shutting the door behind him as Roo wiggled, wanting to play with Yunho. He looked down at her, giving her orders in Japanese to go lay down in her bed, now wasn't the time. With a small huff his dog obeyed and went to lay down as he gestured for Yunho to follow him into the living room. He sat down on the couch, legs crossed like he always had them in interviews, as he waits for Yunho to sit and explain to him why he was here. He knew that Yunho probably already knew about him and Min but he wanted to see how far he could let his words carry him.


The leader followed his hoobae into the living room, giving the dog a small laugh in amusement. Any other day, he'd probably be playing eagerly with her. Yunho sighed a little, choosing to stand as he talked to the other. After another second his arms folded across his chest. "Jonghyun....I know it's you." he said pointedly, one foot jutting out. He looked every inch the protective father here.


"You know it's me with what? I'm confused." Jonghyun raised a brow in question, knowing that would be his honest reaction if he hadn't spotted you outside. "Yunho, before you accuse me of anything, I honestly have no idea why you're here." His tone was pure honest confusion. The stance looked like a protective father but also DivaJung at the same time, it was hard to pick which.


Yunho's shoulders sagged a little with the effort of the sigh he lets out, fixing the vocalist with a steady gaze before shaking his head. "You don't hm? Okay, well~ in the nicest wording I can possibly think of right now, I'm here to find out who, in this group, has been seeing my maknae....considering no one even knew what I was talking about, reason stands to prove that it's you." he rationalizes, waiting for whatever comeback he was damn near expecting. Honestly, the two were similar in that respect. Rehearsed the stories well.


Jonghyun blinked, acting like he was processing the information while he formulated his reply. "Seeing Changmin? As in seeing him?" He asked, knowing the older knew exactly was he was talking about. "True, I have been spending quite a lot of time with your maknae. But I don't think it's in the way you're believing, hyung." He laced his fingers together in his lap, shifting to lean forward as he sighed. "I don't know what my members have told you, but I'm not seeing your maknae in that way."


"Aha!" Yunho smirked triumphantly, wagging a finger at Jonghyun. "Right there, you incriminated yourself. You have been spending a lot of time with my maknae, and you're the only one who has. Everyone else has been just doing whatever lately. More importantly, I already know something is going on from Changmin himself. I got that out of him about a week ago, but he refused to tell me who..." Yunho crossed his arms and gave a small shake of the head. "and I'm not thrilled in the slightest to be having this conversation at all but I know exactly what you two have been up to." he accuses, finally waiting and giving the other a chance to speak


Jonghyun laughed, smiling throwing his hands up in defeat. "You caught me. I have been spending a lot of time with Changmin recently." He chuckled as he let his hands go back to being laced in his lap. He raised a brow as he his bottom lip at you mentioning you knew what had been going on. "Oh? You do now, do you?" His tone changed slightly as his chuckle darkened. "I'm sure Min wouldn't have shared everything with you." He paused to bite his lip as he shook his head. "That would mean he had to give up his manly image to you first." He moved his hands to where they were around his knee as he smiled. "But yes, I'm the SHINee member he's been seeing for the past three months. Good job hyung. We tried hard to keep it a secret. Let me guess, he's been spamming our songs lately. Namely a lot of ones where I'm the one with the most lines. Correct?" He quirked an eyebrow. Min had been very vocal about how much he loved his voice so he wouldn't be surprised.


Yunho blinks, that smirk and chuckle from Jonghyun making him feel vaguely like the rug's been swept from under him completely. He's actually at a loss for words until he's able to snap himself out of it. "His manly- oh god, no, I do not want to get into the details alright? Yes, he's been freaking obsessed with the songs lately and okay, time for the leader rant because no one is thinking rationally here." He crosses his arms again and fixes his dongsaeng with a glare. "You're going to hear me out Kim Jonghyun or I will out you both to the other members..." He takes in a deep breath. "Firstly, what the actual hell is wrong with you two?! We're. Idols. In the same company. A company known for finding any and all reason to sue or defame their artists.... And you're sleeping together in the broad ing daylight??! Not technically, but shut up, not my point. Are you both teenagers or something? Rebelling? Jesus."


Jonghyun propped his head up on his laced hands, eyes sparkling in amusement as the leader made him out the be the one who started this routine. He smirked slightly trying to not chuckle as Yunho threatened him with telling the other members, most of them knew he had found someone and were sworn to not tell and would deny it with their lives if probed about it. He hadn't told them who, well besides Key, but Key figured it out after the first night. And Key would never tell if it meant ing up his best friend’s life. He waited patiently for the older man to finish ranting as he smiled and chuckled. "Yunho, you poor thing..you don't understand this at all do you?" He sighed softly as he gave his own intense look, the side that not a lot got to see, specifically Yunho since he always acted like a submissive puppy when he was around. "You think I'm forcing him into this don't you? I know you do, I could tell from the second you started this conversation." He continued as his head tilted to the side. "Your accusing tone gave away your entire thought process about how this fling came about." He smirked as he chuckled once again. "Well, I'm about to mind your world, Yunho. Changmin was the one who not only wanted to continue this, but he's the one who started it. He's been lonely in the bedroom, ever since you rejected him after that one night, full of drinking, when you two got a little too touchy with each other." His eyes narrowed a little as he continued to explain. "And for your information we've been extremely careful about the times and places of our meetings. It's been where we all are traveling together as a large group or we have great alibi's that can be fed to you and anyone who asks. So if you think we're going to get caught, then you're sorely mistaken." He raised an eyebrow and the smirk never left his face. "I've given him the option of walking away at anytime he'd like, not binding him down to this in the slightest." He paused as he his lip, his eyes sparkling with all of this that he's been keeping from everyone. "And you know what?" He whispered, leaning forward on his hands as he smiled giving Yunho a eating smile. "He keeps coming back, without a second thought."


The older man bristled a little at the informal language suddenly being used in this context. The way Jonghyun's expression darkens and the mood shifting throws him completely for a loop. Yes, he's seen his stage presence before, and knew what it looked like to fans, but this was entirely different. For a moment, he worried about Changmin again, not for his safety but for his sanity. Jonghyun quickly shatters that notion right and proper. Defensively he raised a hand. "I did not say you forced him into it but--...what?" he blinks, owlishly at the accusation of him of somehow causing this. Flustered, he mutters. "We were drunk..." but it appears that his comment goes unnoticed. His eye twitches at the way he's being teased right now, and he's damn near ready to slap that smirk right off Jonghyun's face, but he's known to be the nice one of the company and he intends to keep it that way....even if he is screwing his maknae...Blubbering a bit, Yunho shakes his head. "I don't believe for one second that Changmin is actually innocent in any of this, and saying that doesn't surprise me, at all. It does however fill me with a small amount of discomfort, especially as a leader, but I digress. You may be being careful and safe but that's not going to stop me from worrying....and wondering why it's still continuing like this, honestly, for so long. Now, hear me out on something Jjong that you aren't as familiar with in this case. Changmin is needy, Changmin obsesses, and Changmin develops unhealthy attachments to the smallest of inconsequential things. That being said, what you two are doing has clearly already affected him, and if it's all just a big game of messing around to you, if it's not remotely serious....then I warn you to handle it with care. He has abandonment issues, naturally, and it doesn't matter if it's just , it's still a connection in his mind. If you're going to do all this just to end it some day when you're both bored, don't just...cut him off, please. I ask this of you as a friend, not leader Jung...."


The tone nor the words weren't going unnoticed by Jonghyun as he listened to the leader of TVXQ fret over if he was just suddenly going to drop your maknae out of the blue like he was trash. He sighed as he shook his head. "Give me some credit hyung. I'm not heartless." He said softly as his intense aura slowly started to retract, replaced with the one everyone knew. "I've seen how needy he can get, I have been seeing him for the past three months. And to be honest.." He smiled lovingly at the thought of Min cuddling to him after , "It's refreshing. To have someone that keen on keeping my attention focused on them, all the time. Not that he honestly needs to try, my gaze is drawn to him naturally." He chuckled as his expression softened, thinking about the maknae that was probably fretting next to the phone waiting for his phone call to see if he was still alive. "So if you think I'm just going to drop him someday out of nowhere, rest your married heart Yunho." He glanced up as he smiled. "I have no intention of letting him go. Unless it's what he truly, without no second thoughts wants. If he wishes to leave, by himself with no one else influencing his decision, then I'll let him go without a fuss." His eyes searched Yunho's as he sighed. "I'm not afraid to admit that I love him. And I will never be afraid to. He's special to me, before even this happened. He always has been. Now I just have the ability to express it to him." His tone was pure, he really did love the maknae. He wasn't afraid to admit it. He had fallen for him a long time ago but always had to hide it as he thought that he had his eyes set on Yunho. "So rest assured Yunho, he'll never be alone as long as he lets me stay by his side."


Admittedly the words soothe him. It's what he wanted to hear, even if part of him doesn't. It's hard to get used to the fact of not being the only one that Changmin is interested in or concerned with. Virtual married life and bickering aside, he cares deeply for the boy after all. Sighing, he nods and gives a short smile. "No, I trust you. I do. I just wanted to express the gravity of the situation from literally being the one to see and help Changmin after someone has done that to him....not in the same way of course but- you get the point." he watches the expressions flit across the vocalist's face and tilts his head, curiously. "Jonghyun? It may be none of my business but... if you feel that way, that strongly....why don't you clue him in and tell him?" the stern father was gone, replaced by the caring older brother routine as he sits down next to him. "Or are you afraid that it's better to have this much versus nothing at all?"


Jonghyun chuckled sadly as Yunho sat down next to him, being the the caring older brother now. "I couldn't ask him to love me. It's either he'll come to realize it in time, or he won't." He said softly his eyes sad. "Yes I'm afraid. I'm afraid that he'll realize that maybe I'm not what he exactly wants and is looking for. So for now...this is enough." He felt tired. "You understand that right? That feeling? Of wanting more but never being sure if what you think is what the other wants." He turned his gaze on the older man, his fears and worries dancing in his iris. "I'm terrified that it's one sided."


Yunho sighs and pats Jonghyun on the back soothingly, shaking his head. "You're not crazy for thinking like that. It's a very safe maneuver actually, a nice way to not get hurt in the end. I get that actually. When Jae first came back, I knew how I felt but I didn't know if he still wanted to be with me, so I kept quiet. It was better to have him close than far, you know?" he lets his shoulders sag just a bit before he chuckles softly. "Alright, you don't need to sit here and mull over it though, just- I guess just please be careful and I have no complaints....unless you find a way to hurt him, because then I have to find a way to hurt you" he threatens, wagging a finger as he stands up finally and makes his way closer to the door. "Oh, but Jonghyun," he turns, door ajar and smiles. "I wouldn't be so certain that it's not reciprocated. Have a good evening" he grins as he finally makes an exit.


Jonghyun smiled softly. "I have no intention of ever hurting him. And if I do, I'll let him have at me until he's satisfied. It wouldn't be the first time I've gotten the beat out of me for something I've done." He rubbed absentmindedly at his ribs, at the minor fracture Taemin had caused. He smiled at the words before Yunho was gone and he breathed a sigh of relief. That went better than he expected. He quickly reached for his phone, dialing Changmin's number and waiting for him to pick up. He chuckled at the string of concerned questions as he leaned back on the couch, a smile on his face.

"No no I'm fine baby...Honest. No he didn't beat the out of me..I promise. We talked...He seems to approve of it after I explained myself...He threatened to murder me if I ever hurt you so..." he chuckles "Oh baby you worry too much..I told him that he'd never have to worry about me leaving you, you were all that I need and want...It's true! Fine then I'll just have to prove it to you...I'll see you soon babe. Uh huh...Love you too. Bye."