Chapter Two- Intervention

Symptoms

They've arrived at the restaurant now. Both boys give their orders before Yunho folds his hands and fixes Changmin with a look.

"What?" The maknae bristles, sipping at his cola through a straw he's put into it, ever the germaphobe.

Yunho hefts a sigh and blinks expectantly.

The silence kills him on the inside and Changmin whines a bit, distraught.

Clearing his throat, the leader of TVXQ sips at his glass, sets it back down, and smiles tightly. "Tell. Me." It's not a question.

"You don't know where that's been." Changmin nags, helpfully, gesturing to the cup. "You're going to end up sick and--

"Changmin." This time there's a noticeable volume change in the typically genial voice. This was reserved for stubborn leader mode, Changmin was doomed.

The younger male finally puffs air through and out of his cheeks, sinking in his chair with a defeated pout. "What do you want to know, hyung?" The words are barely a mutter. His shoulders sink and you'd think he was losing some horrible battle.

Yunho's features soften and he simply sighs softly at the look of sheer defeat. "I just want to know if something's going on. You don't have to look like I took your legos away from you, aigoo" he rationalizes

The corner of Changmin's mouth twitches into a half smile at that. "I shouldn't be surprised. You find out everything anyways." He pouts.

Yunho laughs at that a bit. "Hey, give yourself credit for being able to hide this- whatever this is- for this long."

Changmin actually grins a bit proudly. "It's been almost three months now." He supplies.

The leader blinks owlishly. "I- wow I'm clearly slacking." The laugh is dubious. "What is this big secret exactly... And what does it have to do with--" he cuts himself off, naturally drawing his own conclusions.

Changmin waits, sips at his drink, waits some more...

Yunho's eyes go wider. "Are you seeing someone from SHINee??!"

Changmin nods once, shortly. "Technically, yes"

"Wait," Yunho shakes his head as if to clear the cobwebs forming while he tries to place it all together. "Technically? Are you dating one of the members or not?" He's royally confused

Changmin snorts gracefully and answers honestly. "No." It's the truth after all. Dating was never mentioned or even really thought of. The look on his leader's face now makes up in full for the third degree interrogation.

After taking another minute to weigh the options, Yunho's mouth pops open in scandalized shock.

Yep, there's the light bulb turning on. Changmin munches on a fry, bored, as their plates have arrived at that moment, watching Yunho get the right conclusion. He can just tell from the perturbed expressions flitting across the older male's face in rapid succession. It's rather comical.

Yunho's features finally iron out. Here comes the scolding more than likely. Instead, Changmin winces as he's swiftly kicked right in the shin under the table.

"Ow! Hyung, what the-?!"

Yunho's glare shuts him up right and proper as he rubs the sore limb.

He watches as Yunho leans and braces his two fingers against the bridge of his nose in exasperation. His voice is low when he finally speaks. "Please dear God tell me it's not Taemin."

Changmin goes back to his food, casually, as if they aren't having this discussion. "I reserve the right to not tell you who it is, hyung."

"So it is Taemin?" Yunho blubbers, worriedly.

"It's not Taemin." The maknae supplies.

"I thought you weren't telling me" Yunho throws back, all mockery and big brother like of him.

Changmin simply shrugs and jabs his finger at Yunho's untouched plate. "You should eat, hyung."

The older male heaves a long sigh and shakes his head. "I cannot believe you. Are you sixteen? I feel like I'm living with a teenager all over again. Thinks it's just fine and dandy to sleep with the label mates and sass his leader." Yunho's rambling now as he angrily cuts into his steak.

Changmin knows better than to respond to that trap. He simply munches quietly and hopes the conversation is over;

It isn't

After some time, Yunho looks at him all put out. "You're really not going to tell me who it is, are you?" The tone is disbelieving, verging on butthurt. They were close after all, to the point that, typically, they told each other everything. Yunho was also fiercely protective of Changmin, which played a part in why it was a secret in the first place.

"Nope." Came the reply swiftly.

TVXQ's leader grins challengingly quirking a brow. "I'll figure it out you know...there's only four choices."

"Five, can't you count, hyung?" Changmin corrects with a -eating grin.

Yunho bristles, sitting back again. "You already ruled out Taemin, don't you try to fool me!"

"Did I?" The maknae is smug as hell by this point. He mentally calculates on his fingers before responding. "And actually, hyung, I never said it was just one member... Or that it's not more than one at a time... Or all of them. That leaves you with~ 27 total possibilities..." The grin he throws Yunho to accompany the cocky head rocking is probably going to get him murdered.

"Shim Changmin...."

"Yes?" The subject in question smiles innocently.

"This isn't over..." Yunho sighs and they both return to their meal in comfortable silence. Changmin's mental happy dance is almost tangible. Under the table he sends a quick warning to the one SHINee member he's protecting from Yunho's prying.

"Yun's on to me. Don't text for at least a day. See you later <3"