Blood, Like Roses

Hooked

You swayed your hips tantalizingly close to his face.

They kept moving of their own accord to the relaxing beat of the music in the background; all your inhibitions having flown out of the open window half an hour ago from the wine you had with your amazingly talented, gorgeous, perfect, supernatural boyfriend to celebrate six safe, stable years of your unusual relationship.

"Don't tempt me, Yazzy." he bared his fangs, a low snarl issuing from deep within his throat.

You pretended not to hear him and amped up your dancing game; adding a sensual body wave while running your fingers down your heated body.

You couldn't for the love of god figure out why it felt so on fire; the hairs on your nape were damp with sweat.

Chanyeol's eyes flashed red.

The truth is, you were only vaguely aware of what you were doing.

In no way did your sluggish brain pick up on the way your boyfriend was clearly trying really hard to stay where he was to avoid physically harming you.

Question is, was he restraining from hurting you in a good way or a bad way?

Your skin flushed a deep scarlet as you imagined all the possible, satisfying scenarios if he "hurt" you in the good way and you felt a smirk tug at the corners of your lips.

The bad way however, well, the idea of Chanyeol's fangs sinking into your jugular didn't seem so worrisome, especially now: it kind of brought a strange sense of euphoria and ual desire.

"Stop, Yazzy.." he murmured, turning his face away as you advanced on him; he was sitting with his legs spread wide, his tie loosened, the topmost buttons of his shirt undone.

It was the most prominent of his vampiric features you've ever come close to seeing.

His eyes were a startling red, drooped to avert from your provocative dance.

His fangs were jutting out just a little over his bottom lip and his skin had turned a wintry pale.

You don't know why it gave you such a feral thrill to see Chanyeol so affected in this way.

Maybe it was because you were always the victim of his good-looks, perfect mannerisms and flawless vocabulary that you had wanted to make him see how it felt for once in your shoes.. all you had was your looks and body because you were just so boringly human.

Chanyeol could do so many things you could not and maybe, just maybe you were envious, if not a little annoyed sometimes because there was no limit to his abilities.

"You want to touch?" you asked, short of breath.

It came out of your mouth without your having meant to and before you could take it back, your literal back was pressed suddenly against the wall of your bedroom in a blur of speed and Chanyeol was looking down at you, his teeth glistening, a growl reverberating in his chest.

He had you pinned with your arms locked together above your head and his leg nudged between your thighs.

You fidgeted uncomfortably in the position but looked up to meet his scorching gaze nonetheless.

"I warned you! I can only control myself for so long when I'm around you, babe," He hissed, his eyes bleeding red even though your profiles were shrouded in darkness.

"Your blood, it smells so potent tonight, so warm, I can just feel you in my mouth," he leaned in his face close to your neck and you felt your heart beat twice as fast as before.

He inhaled your scent deeply and kissed the spot where your blood ran thickest.

"Chan-yeol," You exhaled shakily, your fingers flexing above you nervously with how close he was, which was very close, the closest he had come to make contact with your skin.

His lips trailed lower and each time he descended you felt a sharp pressure graze your delicate skin, enough to mark it, but not enough to break it.

He worried on the spot below your jaw the most, hissing softly when you occasionally tried to tug free of the tight, restraining force of his hands around your wrists.

"You're hurting me!"

You finally burst out from the mounting fear because even though Chanyeol was your boyfriend, he was still a vampire.

With an appetite which you knew nothing of.

He had never once told you.

But after this demonstration tonight, you were pretty well informed.

In half a second you were released and you couldn't be in more of a ruffled state.

Your dress had ridden up your thighs; baring a fair amount of skin and your wrists were chafed red, but most of all, you were now most definitely sober, thanks to Chanyeol; who was now apparently amused by the fear he'd inflicted.

He was now a feet away and he burst out laughing and slapped his knees, as if he found this the most funny thing in the world.

His scarlet eyes dissolved into a much normal green color by the time the tears were falling from his eyes with the force in which he laughed at the stricken look on your face.

He collected himself with one last exaggerated satisfied sigh and looked at you.

"Only joking, of course," his playful look returned. "I'd never hurt you in that way. Ever."

He was beside you in a flash again and you suddenly felt cold as his icy, pale skin collided with your so-totally-human one.

He wrapped his arms around you and you shivered; but this time with mixed feelings and definite uncertainty, but in the end, love overrode all.

"I don't know whether to hate or love you now." you flatly replied, pinching the flesh on his arm, to which of course, did no damage to his flawless, porcelain skin.