You're an Idiot.

Maybe Later.

Soonyoung is troubled.

The boy had been too distracted lately. During practice, he had to resist the urge to hug the little producer whenever they were next to each other when dancing. The whole thing made him realise just how often he puts Jihoon next to himself when choreographing the dances (I wonder why). Soonyoung had almost missed most his parts just because he kept staring at the pink-haired boy on the mirror; he always stared at the boy when dancing the point-dance to 'Adore U' almost as if he was hinting the fact that he absolutely adored Jihoon (he's pretty sure the boy didn't realise though). And now, here he is, practicing his parts in attempt to make his body react to the music automatically just so he doesn't need to worry about any distractions.

"Should I-- say it-- or not...?" Soonyoung manages to mumble inbetween breaths.

He laid there on the cold, practice room floor, his chest inflating and deflating at an awkward pace, slowly steadying at his request. Soonyoung rolled to his side, now staring at his reflection on the mirror. He was drenched in sweat but didn't seem to notice as he was too deep in thought to even worry about himself. The blonde's nose and eyebrows scrunched up as a loud grunt was let out from his mouth, now being trailed by a series of muffled, upset grumbling as Soonyoung's front was now resting on the floor.

He continued like this for a few minutes, taking short breaks to catch his breath, before falling silent to once again think. Soonyoung rolled to his back once more, staring at the ceiling whilst his hand finds itself just above his eyes. "Ahh~ What do I do?" his voice echoed in the practice room.

"Well, first of all, you should change you shirt." a deep voice stated from the door. Soonyoung turned around only to see a smiling Wonwoo and following Mingyu letting themselves in the practice room.

"Wonwoo..." Soonyoung said as he got up to sit down, waving at Mingyu who was smiling from behind Wonwoo, "What are you guys doing here?" He questioned, "There's no more practice for today."

"Yeah, but we thought that we should check on you," Wonwoo continued as he gave an awkward glance to Mingyu, "just to check that you aren't over-working yourself again."

"And we obviously made the right choice." Mingyu commented as he pointed at the sweat-soaked blonde in front of him.

"I'm fine, I just finished actually." Soonyoung said with a smile, "Besides, there are other people we should be worrying about." Soonyoung stood up and walked to his bag at the corner, taking out a towel and a new shirt.

"If you're talking about Jihoon-hyung, we can check on him now." Mingyu suggested, gesturing to the door.

Soonyoung nodded as he wiped his sweat and put a new shirt on, walking towards Mingyu and Wonwoo who were now by the door.

"By the way, what were you talking about earlier?" Wonwoo said glancing at Soonyoung as they walked towards Jihoon's studio. Soonyoung would've feigned innocence but he knew that Wonwoo would know if he did.

"Hm? O-oh, that? Nothing important." . Well done, Soonyoung, you stuttered. "Just wondering what I should do for our new choreography." Soonyoung replied in attempt to ignore his previous reply.

"If you say so..." Wonwoo said sharing a knowing look with Mingyu that lasts a bit too long.

---------------------------

Soonyoung knocked on the studio door lightly but loud enough to be heard by the other boy inside.

"Come in." Jihoon said, spinning on his chair whilst the door opens, revealing the older blonde.

"Hey." Soonyoung says as he pops his head in.

"Hey," Jihoon sighs, "what's up?"

"Nothing really, just came to make sure you weren't overworking again."

Jihoon snorted at the older boy as he rolled his eyes sarcastically, "Rich coming from you." He spins on his chair and turns off the computer before standing up and grabbing 'his' jumper, "I was just about to leave anyway."

On the way back to the dorm, Mingyu and Wonwoo walked in front of Jihoon and Soonyoung. Silence lingered around them. A comfortable type of silence. Soonyoung couldn't help but think that this was the perfect moment to confess. Underneath the night sky illuminated by the moon and the few stars that shone; romantic. This is it, Soonyoung. The perfect moment to confess. Tell him how you feel.

"Jihoon-ah," Soonyoung says as he grabs Jihoon by his shoulders and stops him from walking, "I- I-"

What are you waiting for? Go on, confess.

"Jihoon... I-" 

Come on, get on with it.

Jihoon stares at Soonyoung and tilts his head in what seems to be confusion. No, Soonyoung is not thinking about how adorable Jihoon is. Nor is he thinking about how small and fragile Jihoon looks in that over-sized jumper that looks a lot like Soonyoung's. Soonyoung's head is not spinning and his cheeks are not turning into a light shade of pink. They're not.

"I think that's my jumper you're wearing."

Well, that's just great.

The two stare at each other before Jihoon ends up laughing at how serious Soonyoung looked whilst saying that. "It is yours. Do you want it back?"

"Eh? Ah, no, it's okay..." Soonyoung says as he lets Jihoon go and continues walking towards the dorm with Jihoon following behind.

And there goes another perfect moment to confess. Well, done. You deserve a pat on the back.

---------------------------

Apparently the members are waiting for something because the moment Jihoon and Soonyoung open the door (Mingyu and Wonwoo had arrived earlier than them), the other members greet them with curious stares and silence.

"Oh, you're back?" Seungcheol asks, breaking the silence, "The showers free, you two should go in."

"Yeah, sure." Jihoon replies as he walks to his and Soonyoung's shared room and closes the door. Soonyoung, on the othe other hand, had been summoned by the other members to the living room.

"So, hyung, did you finally confess?" Chan asks as he stares at Soonyoung with a smile, the other members doing the same.

Soonyoung gave a small awkward laugh.

"Aish. I told you he wouldn't confess!" Seokmin announces. The members all stare at Soonyoung as if it was the end of the world, "So, what excuse did you use today?" Seokmin continues.

Soonyoung laughed again, "I asked him if the jumper he was wearing mine..."

Seongcheol sighs as he walks away, signaling the other members to also continue what they were previously doing. Jihoon walks out the room just in time with two towels in his hands, "Oh, Soonyoung, I got both our towels, so all you need to do is go get yourself a change of clothes."

" 'Kay." Soonyoung smiles as he walks towards their room.

--------------------------

Jihoon has vocal practice. Soonyoung has decided that today is the day, he has to confess today. And if he can't confess in real life, he'll confess via text. That's right, he'll send Jihoon a simple text message saying "I love you" ; nice and easy. Jihoon's lessons started at 11am, his lunch break starts at 12pm and ends at 1pm. His overall lesson ends at 2pm. It's currently 11:52am and Soonyoung has been burning holes into his phone for a good hour as he sits on the couch next to Junhui, the chinese boy has been worried about him, but Jeonghan had walked in and told the other not to worry as 'Soonyoung was only being himself'.

 

to: Jihoon-tofu
Hey  ^^                 read at 12:01

from: Jihoon-tofu
Hi
sent at 12:02

to: Jihoon-tofu
What's up   
          read at 12:02

from: Jihoon-tofu
Nothing much. Just heading out for lunch.
sent at 12:02

 

to: Jihoon-tofu
Ohhh enjoy~ ^^    read at 12:02
and btw                  read at 12:02

 

 

Soonyoung froze and for some reason, his life seemed to flashback in his head. He sat there, completely frozen from his place, staring at nothing. The minutes seemed to pass like seconds for Soonyoung before a vibration from his phone scared him awake. It was a message from Jihoon.

 

from: Jihoon-tofu
wtf ???
sent at 12:06

to: Jihoon-tofu
I                            read at 12:07

from: Jihoon-tofu
You....?
sent at 12:08

to: Jihoon-tofu
O soz that 'I' was a misstype       read at 12:09
I was meant 2 ask if u were with Seokmin    read at 12:09

from: Jihoon-tofu
Yh I am. Y?
sent at 12:10

to: Jihoon-tofu
O nothing just wondering     read at 12:10

from: Jihoon-tofu
Ok

sent at 12:10

to: Jihoon-tofu
OTL    
                 read at 12:11

from: Jihoon-tofu
???

sent at 12:11

--------------------------------------------------

It's 2:15pm and Soonyoung is still frozen on the couch, staring at his phone. Jihoon, Seokmin and Mingyu (who had rap lessons) had just gotten home. Seokmin decided to sit next to Hansol (who had replaced junhui on the couch) as he mumbled something about losing his underwear, whilst Mingyu went to the kitchen and sat next to Wonwoo (who was startled by the other's sudden appearance). Soonyoung, on the other hand, was disturbed from his thoughts when a certain pink-haired boy walked past him to get to their room.No, it wasn't because the younger had been followed by a trail of curse words, it just felt like a natural thing for Soonyoung's eyes to follow Jihoon. It was like the opposite poles of a magnet; attracted. His eyes were pulled in by Jihoon's magnetic force. Heck, Soonyoung was pulled in by Jihoon's magnetic force.

"Right," Soonyoung said as he stood up, "today, I'll confess."

Seokmin and Hansol stared at the older blonde with amusement.

"Hey, Hansol, wanna make a bet?" Seokmin suggests still staring at the blonde, "How far do you think he'll last with that mindset before giving up?"

"Sure," the half-American boy laughed, "I bet 5000 won that he'll walk to the door and touch the door knob before freaking out and walking away."

"Nah," Seokmin adds, "I bet 5000 won that he'll walk to the door and do nothing more before falling to the ground and 'OTL'-ing."

Soonyoung straightens himself out, fixing his hair and shirt before walking to his room slowly, mumbling to himself words of encouragement, "You can do this..." He reaches the door and his hand reaches for the door knob sowly and carefully. Stop. Soonyoung, you can't do it. You'll be rejected for sure. If you open that door, you'll enter a world of no return. Millimetres away from touching the door knob, Soonyoung backs away from the door and stares at his room's door for a couple of minutes before turning to face his right. His knees fall to the floor and the palm of his hands meet with the ground as his eyes stare at the floor.

Seokmin and Hansol burst in laughter as Jihoon opens the door to meet a Soonyoung on his hands and knees infront of him. "Oh, OTL..." Jihoon laughs as he walks over Soonyoung and walks to the kitchen. Seokmin and Hansol are still laughing.

------------------------------------------------

"Seriously, when are you going to confess, hyung?" Seungkwan asks as he stretches next to Soonyoung, Chan and Seokmin.

"I- I''ll confess soon," Soonyoung stutters, "w-when I'm ready..."

Chan and Seokmin are laughing because Seungkwan's eyes are rolling so far that he can see his brain, "You're basically announcing that you'll never confess. You always say you will, but at the end of the day, you never do."

"It hasn't been that long." The blonde whines.

"Really, it's been 6 months, 1 week, 5 days and 3 hours." Chan comments, "But seriously, who's counting?"

"Alright, time for practice, boys. Get into positions," their dance teacher announces, "we're practicing Adore U."

Apparently Soonyoung's self-practice paid it's price because he's never danced better. The blonde misses none of his parts and he sure as hell doesn't miss any of Jihoon's parts as well. Soonyoung has never stared more willingly. The members have never seen a Soonyoung with such intense heart eyes in their life and they've never been so fed up with his lovestruck attitude. After a couple more run throughs of the song, their dance teacher announces that they'll have a one hour break before walking out the room.

"Well, I'm gonna be in the studio across the hall," Jihoon says as he walks to the door, "so, just knock when you need me."

The rest of the members respond in unison with an okay as Jihoon walkedout the room and into the mentioned studio. As soon as the closing of the door could be heard, everyone turned to face Soonyoung. 

"You're going to confess today." Seungkwan commands, "Ready or not, you are confessing today."

"We're not going to wait any longer." Seokmin comments as Jisoo grabs Soonyoung's right arm and Seungcheol grabs the other. The other members all stood behind Soonyoung as they dragged him across the hall so his only way to run was straight into Jihoon's arms. The group of twelve arrive infront of the studio door and Soonyoung has never wanted to cry more. Jeonghan knocks on the door as Soonyoung closes his eyes and braces himself.

.

"Come in." The sound of Jihoon's voice resonated in Soonyoung's ears and this is the first he's ever hated yet loved something so much.

. . . . And the door is opened and all of a sudden Soonyoung is inside, the door behind him closed and blocked off. . Jihoon turns on his chair to be faced by a panicking Soonyoung and he smiles, "What's up?"

Soonyoung is doesn't know what to do.

"Soonyoung? You okay?"

"Umm... Jihoon," the older manages a smile, "hi."

"Right. Hey, so..." Jihoon says as he tilts his head, "did you need anything?"

Be brave, Soonyoung. You can do this. You have to do this.

"I..." Soonyoung mumbled as Jihoon stared at him and waited, "I... L-l..."

"You..." Jihoon says.

"Jihoon, I... Li-" Nope. "Have you seen Seokmin's lucky underwear? He told me that he can't find them."

Genius. Soonyoung has never mentally face palmed so hard and Jihoon is dazed.The latter is frozen on his seat, unblinking and staring Soonyoung straight in the eyes. Soonyoung, on the other hand, is playing with his hands and fidgeting on his feet as he looks everywhere but at Jihoon. Jihoon sighs loudly before standing up, he walks up to the blonde and stops centimetres away from the older.

"I love you too, idiot." Jihoon whispers as he pulls Soonyoung by the collar and presses his lips against the other's.

-------------EpilogueSortOf-------------------

Soonyoung and Jihoon walk out the studio with interlocked fingers, Soonyoung grinning widly as he raises their hands, entering the practice room, to show the members. The other members shout and whistle in response; they've never been so reliefed and proud.

"What are you grinning so triumphantly for?" Jihoon mumbles with red cheeks and pink-tinted ears as he stares at the floor, "You're not the one who confessed."

"Yes, but..." Soonyoung continues with a gentle tone as he brings Jihoon's hand closer to his lips, "I still got you..." and kisses it. The soft feeling causes Jihoon to turn towards Soonyoung, who was now staring at Jihoon's eyes fondly. Jihoon stares back shyly, still blushing eratically, before grabbing Soonyoung by the neck and pulling him closer.

"You're an idiot." Jihoon whispers before leaning in to kiss Soonyoung on the lips. The blonde smiles onto jihoon's lips before pulling the younger closer to himself, locking his arms around Jihoon's waist and deepening the kiss. The latter had wrapped his arms around the older's neck, now completely forgetting the other members, all blushing as much as Jihoon previously was.

---------------JustAnExtra----------------------

"So..." Seungcheol whispers, "How long will they do this for?"

Seungkwan elbows the leader, glaring as he says "Don't ruin the moment." and proceeds to stare at the other two, grinning smugly.

After their third kiss, Jihoon pulls away to breathe, opening his eyes slowly to look at the older in front of him. Soonyoung was already missing the other's lips. He leaned forward slowly, closing his eyes at the same pace before hearing Seuncheol cough to get their attention. Waking up ffrom their trance, they were welcomed by the members' smug smiles and blushing faces. Jihoon hid behind Soonyoung, as heat rose to his ears and covered his face with both his hands, not moving from his place.

Soonyoung looked at his younger boyfriend. Boyfriend, it has a nice ring to it. "Alright, alright." Soonyoung sighed as he lifted Jihoon and placed him on one shoulder. "We'll be back before practice starts." Soonyoung says before walking back to the studio and entering before locking the door.

"What are they going to do in there?" Minghao asks innocently. To which the rest of the member look at him, contemplating on whether to tell him what they think is happening. Seokmin decided he will.

"Well, I think they're going to-"

Apparently Jihoon has super hearing. The studio door could be heard from the practice room unlocking and opening as a loud "SHUT UP." echoed in the hall before the door once again slammed close.

"Nevermind." Seokmin decided, leaving a further confused Minghao tilting his head as Junhui pats him on the back.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I'm sorry, I don't know what chapter distribution is... I hope you enjoyed it~
I'll probably be making a lot of Soonhoon fics because Soonhoon is life.
A/N: I'm also planning to make a Meanie fic based around this setting, so there's a reason for Wonwoo's awkward behaviour in this fic (even if it was only mentioned a few times...) Anyway, thank you so much for reading. Feedback is much appreciated. I know, I'm shameless, sorry not sorry.