Chapter One: Meet Goo Junhoe, My Sassy Neighbor

Falling in Love with the Sassy Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JunAh's PoV

 

Birds are chirping cheerfully, sun is shining brightly, and this day could be perfect. I got out from my bed and went to the bathroom to take a bath and prepare myself to go to school. As soon as I’ve finished taking a bath and dressing up, I went down to the dining room and ate my breakfast.

 

My daily morning scenes are pretty normal

 

At least, until the breakfast’s over

 

My next schedule in the morning was to wait for my neighbor to come and pick me up to go to school. Why can’t I go alone to school? Well, you can just ask my parents. They’re really protective and they just won’t let me go alone to school. Because of that, my life is practically screwed by my own parents.

 

Becaausee…

 

They’re basically asking me to go to school together with my one and only LIFE RUINER

 

Yes. Life ruiner.

 

My neighbor, is my life ruiner and it has been like that ever since we were born.

 

He is basically a life ruiner as he always makes me late for school. I’ve told my parents that I don’t want to wait for Junhoe anymore since he always wake up late, but my parents doesn’t want me to go alone and they insisted that it would be better to go with Junhoe with barely arriving on time than going to school alone. They said that Junhoe can protect me from getting ual harassment in public transportation ooor getting abducted.

 

My

 

I find myself getting more and more irritated as I heard the clock’s ticking sound. It’s already 7.30 and it would take at least 20minutes to go to school by bus. Sure, there’s still 10 minutes left, but Junhoe hasn’t picked me up. And I was sure that Junhoe is still sleeping in his comfy bed with his drool on his pillow.

 

I got up from the couch and headed out of house. I was considering of just sneaking out of the house without going with Junhoe, but mom and dad (somehow) found out my attempt to sneak out, so when I go out from the house, mom (somehow) would shout,

 

“JunAh, don’t forget to go to Junhoe’s house first! Wake him up if he’s still asleep, okay?”

 

I sighed hard, and my shoulder just slumped. I walked towards the kitchen where mom is still washing the dishes, and hugged her from the back as I bid her goodbye before going to Junhoe’s house.

 

I never thought that going to Junhoe is a pain in the , because his parents and sister are just so nice to me, they treat me like their own daughter and little sister. Not only they’re nice to me, but his house is right beside mine, so it wasn’t really a problem to go to his house.

 

The only thing that I consider as the pain in the is when I have to wake up Junhoe up since waking up a sleeping Goo Junhoe is a really hard task, not to mention that I have to go to his room; which is located on the 2nd floor and on the end of the hallway.

 

“Excuse me…” I said as I pushed the intercom in front of his house.

“Ah, JunAh-yah? Come inside!” she said.

 

I excused myself and went inside of the house, greeted by Junhoe’s mom; who is holding a cloth.

 

“Come in, come in. I’m sorry JunAh that you have to pick Junhoe up again and again. That kid is a total heavy sleeper and I couldn’t just leave my chores in the morning,” she said.

 

“No, it’s fine eomeoni. I’ll go wake Junhoe up now,” I said as I walked towards the stairs.

 

I sighed hard as I now stood right in front of Junhoe’s room. I took a deep breath and then opened the door. And just like how I imagine, Junhoe is still sleeping with drool all over the place. There on the bed, I could see a boy with black hair, milky white skin and a quiet petit body; lying on the bed, still sleeping like a baby. Just not cute like a baby.

 

Meet Goo Junhoe, my life ruiner.

 

We’re basically like water and oil that couldn’t blend in together; or maybe same polar direction, as we’re always clashing with each other.

 

As cliché as it sounds, but I’ve known Junhoe for a long time now since we were born. And when I say since we were born, I really mean that we’ve known each other ever since we were born. We were born in the same hospital, and coincidentally, were born on the same time; only with a few minutes difference. As if that wasn’t enough coincidence, we were put in the same nursery room, next to each other’s crib, and Junhoe has been a source of annoyance ever since we were put in the same nursery room. Mom said that Junhoe and I look cute sleeping next to each other crib, she always tells me how I would cry too when Junhoe cries when we were babies in the nursery room. But the hell was that. Of course I would cry if Junhoe cry, I mean, baby Junhoe disturbs my sleep so bad that any baby would cry when they hear him cry. Who wouldn’t anyway?

Then, as if God hasn’t stopped playing around with our fate, we actually are neighbors. And when I say neighbors, I mean, we’re practically living next to each other, and our rooms are facing each other.

 

My life didn’t become peaceful anymore after that happens, and I’m saying that all of my childhood memories are ruined by a presence named Goo Junhoe. I could still remember when the first time evil kid Junhoe annoys the hell out of me.

 

“Junhoe oppa…” I said as I looked at kid Junhoe who was playing on the sandbox.

 

And the kid Junhoe; who has been a piece of ever since we were a little kid, and he said, “What is it?” as he didn’t give me any attention while he continues making a sand castle.

 

Of course I ignored his ty personality though, and I asked if I could join him in the sandbox, “Imo said to play with you..”

 

I was little back then, and I was too naïve to believe that Junhoe was too busy playing in the sandbox to notice that he ACTUALLY does have some evil plan in his tiny brain. I didn’t notice that he was giving me an evil smirk, but he was smiling at the time, and he kindly said, “Sure.”

 

So I didn’t really give a damn and joined him in playing in the sand box.

 

And let’s just say that in the end, I was crying while pulling on Junhoe’s hair, and Junhoe was screaming in pain with his hair pulled by me and his ears pulled by his mom. I know, it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter