25...

Headless Horseman - The legend of the white wolf

“Kid…” Ji kneeled beside them, not knowing what to do.

Seunghyun took a deep breath to force his tears to stay up a little longer and carefully placed his ear on the youngster’s chest.

“He doesn’t have a heartbeat!” he shouted louder then he wanted and tears came tumbling down his cheeks.

The answer didn’t come as he would’ve expected it; it was more of a growl turned in less than a second into a thud and a long groan.  He blinked several times to cleanse his eyes and turned around just in time to see a black-dressed man falling numb at his feet. He quickly looked up: RinNah was holding her hands up above her head, keenly clenching the remains’ of a chair. She was panting heavily.

“What you’re doing here? How you’d find us?” he babbled.

Before she could answer, she stabbed another two guys.

“Is this what you want me to tell right now?”   she asked dodging a new attack against her.

“Yeah!”   Seunghyun answered sincerely as he grabbed the wrist of her attacker and twisted to his back, kneeling him.

“Well…” she started blocking two flying fists.

“Ji! Careful!” Seunghyun suddenly yelled rushing to grab on one of the men who was about to hit Jiyong from behind.

“This would be a perfect moment for you to turn into a puppy…” Rin whispered mostly for herself, trying to decide who was best to attack – the ones from the windows that just kept on coming inside, or the ones on the overly flooded door.

“And yet, how did you find us?” Seunghyun got to ask again until the new attacks started.

***

“Orchid lane, no. 63” the small telephone’s  screen  was glowing up as it fell back into the big pocket.  He climbed down the stairs one by one in a rush. Less than 5 seconds after he was driving away screeching the striped floors of the underground parking lot.

The car was doing its best to keep up but its top speed was merely 180 miles/h, not even half as fast as his heart.  Not even his covering-eyes bang didn’t seem to bother him. Everything from the trees to the tall buildings became just long, shapeless stripes. In a while even those disappeared being replaced by a green muddy field.  He stopped in front of the big iron gate. He stepped out without a noise. He thought it meaningless to shout for someone, so he simply stepped inside the front garden. He looked around carefully until a thick, black smoke caught his eye.  He rushed towards it but he simply stood back and watched the small room releasing the smoke on its small smashed window.  A storm blast suddenly brought a foul smell and a squeaky noise. He rolled his eyes around until he found the reason for the noise: one single part of the double door trifled along in the wind. He made sure no one else was around and shyly stepped towards the big house. He entered.  His steps creaked up to the round table. Apart from the book on the table nothing else betrayed the existence of human presence in there. He grabbed it.  He couldn’t find its title so he opened it up.

"The beasts of the desert will meet there with wild dogs and hairy goats will call each other. It is there where the shadow of the night will find its resting place. There the snake will make its nest at night, put its eggs and hatch and there they will gather under her shadow; each to its companion ... " Daesung read in a snap. He studied the picture above a passage that seemed to represent Eve - a beautiful woman with a snake coiled on her left hand and an apple, but the name  written above was "Lilith".  Other words such as "Satan's wife," "mother of all demons" made him follow rows to another passage: " she seeks followers on earth since ancient times; she gives them absolute power and after three days, steal their soul. …sealed only once since the world began ... The ritual involves human sacrifices ... "

“What is this?” he spoke out loud browsing  through the book.

He hesitated for a few minutes  on the page  where a black-and-white wolf was howling to the moon.  His eyes devoured the rows one by one, page after page.  The phone buzzing scared him in such a manner that he dropped the book. As it landed nosily on the floor, it opened up on a page called ‘lycanthropy or wolf people’.  His hands trembled searching for the phone inside his pocket. He needed just a quick glance to make him quickly stand up. The last phrase he read was still tormenting his thoughts – ‘an endless war for supremacy and domination on humanity’… He shook his head hitting it with the hollow of his hands. As if he truly feared that the words he just read might get out. He tried really hard give them some logic but as much as he struggled the more he failed. Soon enough he had to stop – he reached the new address he received. The first urge he felt was to run over all the men dressed in black but instead he stopped the car.  The men seemed like they were all crowding to the doors and windows of that abandoned-looking house.  The questioning finished suddenly when 2 of those men flew outside the window. It was clear now that somewhere inside, there was a fight. Without actually knowing why, he pushed his foot on the pedal and started driving towards them. He couldn’t care less for the men he ran over making them jump all around as if they were cloth puppets, his aim was the double door upside the 3 steps. When he was about to reach it, he jumped out of the car, rolling several times on the ground, but quickly regained himself in time to see the car smashing the ones at the entry door and the car blocking any way in or out. He didn’t have time to celebrate, since he just became a new enemy for those people in there. A huge boot was about to knock him back to the ground, but he quickly managed to dodge it.

Inside the house, Jiyong and RinNah never left their friends bodies. They were still fighting near them when the huge thud drew their attention and she got her first knock down. She landed almost kissing Seungri . She checked his breathing again totally ignoring her attacker who was now taken over by Seunghyun. She uncovered Seungri’s body and her eyes seemed to lose their color turning all black.  She closed them up as if something was hurting her but when Seunghyun voice interrupted, she quickly blinked several times until they got back their beautiful color.

“What are you doing?!” Seunghyun yelled when he spotted her in a failed defensive drill.

Of course he didn’t have the chance to get an answer since two enormous fists knocked him down.  Tumbling down he grabbed his butcher’s collar and they both landed on the floor. They rolled over a couple of times until Seunghyun managed to get on top.  Once there, he started punching the hell out of that huge guy, but it didn’t last long. Suddenly, something caught his fist up in the air, and dragged him away. His other hand was then pinned to his back and it became impossible for him to even move. Even so, he started kicked the air, wringing around. A short thud set his arms free again and pushed him back on the floor. He quickly rolled getting ready for a new attack when he jumped up.

“Dae-Dae!!” he screamed in joy, grabbing Daesung’s helping hand.

Because she was running, RinNah couldn’t see the blow that knocked her down., but luckily she managed to see the shiny, sharp knife aiming for her head. She rolled several times smiling, but then she hit something slippery with her fingers. She quickly sat in all four when her nostrils detected a foul gas smell. Her eyes followed the yellowish slippery stripe that reached LaCrois’ feet.

“Surprise!” she smiled. “Now!” she yelled taking a step to walk outside the gas pentagram.