16...

Headless Horseman - The legend of the white wolf

Indeed, the room was spotless, but the smell kept becoming more and more heavy. It was something unfamiliar for him, as if someone had forgotten meat pieces in a plastic trashcan in the middle of the summer. Most probably some rotting rats were responsible for this… at least this was what he wanted to believe. Even more, he truly began believing so when his foot revealed a round drop on the floor. A couple of centimeters away, another irregular drop continued a traced path.

He started feeling like there was no rat’s blood the one he started stepping on. He followed the path up until he reached the other end of the room. He took a deep breath; at least he tried to, since the smell almost chocked him. He froze in front of the plastic striped drape. Even if he didn’t wanted to, his hand reached it and pulled it with one move.  He quickly covered his nose and mouth with both of his hands and some invisible force pushed him back, knocking him on the ground. He started pushing the air with his feet in his desperate attempt to get as far as he could from the image in front of him. His back reached the wooden table, sending it to the ground too, making the candle on it to roll over until it hit the door that burst out open.

A dark, big silhouette opened Ji’s mouth in a thick scream. He jumped up as fast as he could, getting ready to  fight. He shook half of a step until his eyes hit the drape again, all gathered on one side, allowing the image to assault his sight again. The chopped body of a beautiful blond girl hung on a stone sanctuary and Ji could swear he saw her blinking once when her head snapped its last ligaments and rolled on the floor uniting itself with the other terrified faces all piled up against one of the walls.

Ji crossed his hands above his head and another loud scream made his palms glow again. The silhouette rushed to him. When it was about to touch him a sudden wind blew it away, knocking it on the furthest wall.

Everything happened in less than a second, before Ji opened back his eyes when he heard a really known groan.

“Hyung!” he shouted running to help Seunghyun who lay numb on the floor.

“Hyung! Please! Hyung!...” he kept on  shaking him until the elder’s eyes begun shivering.              

“Hyung…” he happily sighed when Seunghyun opened his eyes. “Can you hear me?...” he asked carefully helping him up.

“What…” Seunghyun got ready to ask when the fair-haired head touched his hand. He tried to scream but it looked impossible for now, since his mouth wasn’t answering. He pushed himself further, desperately trying to get away from the horrified eyes, but he only managed to discover all of the other scattered heads. Every time he tried to run away from one of the faces, he just bumped on another. Soon enough the air in the room became meager and every single body fluids stopped somewhere up in his throat. He leaned on the wall to help himself stand, but his legs wouldn’t do it for him. He opened his mouth to ask for help, but instead all he could do was to spit out everything he might’ve had had before he came here.

Ji quickly grabbed his waist and threw his arm over his own shoulder.

“Hyung, it’s ok…” he started when a yellowish shadow got his eyes dancing on the wall in front. They both followed the flame swallowing one of the heads.

“We’ve gotta get out of here…” Ji said helping his senior to step once at a time.

Seunghyun slowly nodded and used all of his powers to step. Even if he wasn’t actually looking at them, he could feel all of those eyes following his every move making him shaking uncontrollable.

The fresh air hit his face and he took a deep breath thinking this was all he needed. He tried to open his mouth again in a new attempt to speak but it all ended like before. He quickly pushed Ji to a safe distance and kneeled.

“Hyung, are you ok?...” Ji whispered touching Seunghyun’s shoulder when he wiped with the back of his hand.

Seunghyun shook his head in a coughing “No”.

“I did this…” he mumbled after a short period of total silence.

“What…” Ji said helping him up once again.

“I did this…” he said it again looking for Ji’s eyes.

“You… you’re asking me…” Ji whispered borrowing his senior’s shivers.

“I’m telling you...” Seunghyun yelled. “I did this!!” he said grabbing Ji’s shoulders.

***