I...

Headless Horseman - The legend of the white wolf

“Deep in the woods, under the starry sky, in the warm breeze of freedom, they with a pure heart can hear the Almighty White Wolf’s war cry. Earth, sky and wind, they all know it. Can you hear it?”

 

His hands were shaking brutally. He couldn’t see anything else but his red-blooded palms. The blood was still creeping amidst his long, thin fingers. His breath almost stopped and his eyes wouldn’t blink anymore. He covered them with the back of his hands, but as if something really hot burned his face, he suddenly removed them.

Two discrete knockings on the door startled him so bad that a couple of burning tears fluttered his breath.  He tried to keep quiet but it became more and more difficult. Soft squeaking noises began leaving his lips. He bit the inside of his cheeks just to make their noises stop.

“Hyung!” a warm voice said from behind the door.

His eyes got bigger and hope enlightened them.

“Hyung, are you there?” the voice softly insisted.

He wanted to get to the door, but his body wouldn’t listen anymore and it just kept him crawled next to the bed.

“JiYong…” he tried to shout but his voice couldn’t break the whisper barrier. “JiYong-ah…” came the second attempt as quiet as the first.

JiYong, a 26-ish tall, skinny but highly attractive boy, blond hair and brown energetic eyes, stood behind the door listening. He glued his ear onto the door and thought he could hear his friend from inside.

“Hyung, are you there? I’m coming in!” he said pushing the door’s handle. “Hyung!” he rushed to his swinging, doubled over friend.

He was whispering something but Ji couldn’t understand what, he just kneeled before him, holding on his friends’ shaking hands. The mumbles sounded now like some sort of “JiYong-gi I don’t know… I really don’t know Ji…”.

“Ok, OK, it’s ok, hyung” Ji said hugging his friend, trying to calm his down, without realizing he borrowed the front-back movement.

A loud thunder froze them both.

“Umm… JiYonggi… What are you doing?” SeungHyun almost smiled at their posture.

SengHyun was an extremely handsome, tall man. He was about one year older than JiYong, but he had nothing of his friend’s boyish air – he was in fact really manly and one head taller.

“What?” JiYong unhooked him slowly. “Are you OK?” he asked again grabbing his friend’s face in his hands.

“Why wouldn’t I be?” SeungHyun prepared to answer when his own blooded hands caught his eyes. “JiYonggi!! What’s this?~” he jumped up checking himself.

Since he couldn’t find the wound that would’ve cause this intense bleeding, he started freaking out.

“No, no it isn’t mine either!...” Ji quickly said when SeungHyun tried to check him up too.

Two knoks on the door froze them again. SeungHyun stared at Ji terrified.

“Yes?” Ji asked pointing to his friend to keep calm.

“Room service!” came the answer from behind the door.

“In a minute!” he said again slowly stepping forward to the door.  “Everything’s gonna be alright” he whispered to SeungHyun when he looked at him with teary eyes. After a few more steps Ji opened the door in a move. He froze in place.