28)

Best Friends(?)

The next morning, I walked out of the bedroom to see Sehun sleeping on the couch, his face scrunched up in discomfort from his position. Good, serves him right. However, I wasn’t too cruel. I draped an extra blanket over him, knowing how much he didn’t like the cold.

                     I started making breakfast, and I guess the smell woke him up, because he came padding into the kitchen dressed in a pair of sweatpants and a black wifebeater. I didn’t acknowledge him, and didn’t plan on it, either. Sehun sighed at my silence. “Baby,” he said, “I said I was sorry.” “You let that , who nearly me, touch me again,” I said coldly, “You KNEW how much I couldn’t stand being in the same ROOM as him. How are we going to do this if you don’t even know what bothers me?”

                     Sehun came over and backhugged me, kissing the back of my shoulder. “I know I messed up, and I’m sorry,” he said, “I was trying to get them to leave you alone permanently, and after that night, they’re supposed to.” “Worked pretty well, didn’t it?” I asked sarcastically, “Kris and Kai both said they’d keep coming after me.” Sehun groaned into my skin. “Maru,” he said, “Please forgive me.” “Do you have any idea how I felt that night?” I asked, referring to the night Chanyeol had saved me from Kris, “I felt so…dirty. Disgusting. Impure. And you made me go through that again, four times. At least Kai wasn’t an about it.” “Baby,” Sehun said, “It’ll never happen again, I swear. But I think I have something that’ll cheer you up.”

                     He left the kitchen and returned with a small box. I turned off the stove and reluctantly turned around, crossing my arms. He handed the box to me with a bright smile on his face. “Happy one month anniversary, baby,” he said happily. I rolled my eyes but opened it anyway.

                     Inside was a silver necklace. The pendant was a solid silver puzzle piece that rested comfortably against the padding. “His Only” was engraved into the center.

                     My mouth dropped, my eyes wide. “Sehun,” I said, speechless as tears welled up in my eyes. “Turn it over, baby,” Sehun said, smiling at my reaction. I did as he said, and the back nearly made me cry. ‘Oh Sehun Loves Ahn Maru’. “Oh my god,” I said, gaping. “Wanna know the best part?” Sehun asked, making me look up. He lifted up a chain around his neck I hadn’t noticed before from under his wifebeater proudly, revealing the words “Her One” on the front. Sehun turned it around, and the words ‘Ahn Maru Loves Oh Sehun’ stared back at me.

                     It took me a second to recover. “Well?” Sehun asked nervously, “What do you think?” “What are you waiting for?” I asked, handing the box to him as I smiled brightly, “Put it on me.” Sehun grinned in relief and took the necklace out of the box. I turned around and brought all my hair in front of one shoulder. Sehun reached around my neck, fastening the dog-tag chain, my favorite, at the back of my neck, holding my shoulders gingerly after. “Let me see you, baby,” he said. I turned back around, and Sehun’s eyes were sparkling seeing the necklace on me. “It’s beautiful,” he said, “But nowhere near as beautiful as you. I love you, Maru.” “I love you, too, Sehun,” I said, wrapping my arms around his neck, “And I forgive you.”

                     He grinned happily and kissed me. “I promise, things will be better, Maru baby,” he whispered against my lips, “Things will be better.”