Epilogue

To the End of the World

Epilogue: Canada

 

Eight months later


 

Mckenzie’s is still Wendy’s usual place to hang out after all this time. It’s been years, why would she stop hanging out there now, after all this time? Even though it feels...different now. Nothing has changed, logically Wendy knows that, it just... isn’t the same somehow. Maybe she’s the one who’s changed.

Her fingers fly over the keyboard of her laptop, tapping the right key to reblog something about an age detector app getting things wrong. Then she takes a sip of her coffee, and a nibble of her blueberry muffin. Like she always does.

She answers an ask about whether she’s single, and replies to Joy and Yeri in their group chat. It feels so slow here now, but in a good way. Relaxing. Yet, now that she’s not running for her life, she feels a little restless, so she’s taken up boxing. While she still isn’t very good at it, its fun and athletic and a good way for her to let off steam. And lose weight, all these extra muffins are not good for her waistline.

When she came back, all her friends had rushed to visit her, asking her where she had been and why she hadn’t told them she was going, or where. It took a few long hours of explanations, but eventually they were all placated with some half truths about spontaneous holidays, though disgruntled that she hadn’t brought them along, or even taken many photos.

Someone walks behind her, so she tucks herself under the table to let them get by. Then that same someone sits opposite her. Her protests die on her lips when she realises what she’s looking at, and she rubs her eyes- she’s not imagining this is she?

A girl with huge sunglasses on is smiling nervously at her, hair a shade lighter than it used to be, and this time not wearing as big a coat- only the hood is trimmed with fur- but it’s still obviously Seulgi.

“Hello.”

“W-what are you doing here?” Wendy stutters, letting her muffin fall from her fingers, and subtly trying to brush the crumbs off on her jeans.

“There were a few things I had to take care of before I came to see you again,” Seulgi starts nervously, “but I’ve finished them now.”

“Oh. T-that’s good,” Wendy says, “but. I don’t understand why you’re here. The job is over, right? There aren’t people after us are there?!” Wendy momentarily panics, but Seulgi shakes her head quickly, reassuring her that she isn’t in any danger.

“No! I just. I couldn’t leave you thinking that I didn’t want to be with you- because I do. And I know it’s been a while and you’re probably over it all by now, but I just thought…I don’t know, that you might have missed me. Or something.”

It’s the most impassioned speech the agent has ever made. Wendy gapes at her, processing the information for a moment.

“I’m sorry, I knew it was a long shot, I-I’ll go...” she starts to get up, but Wendy unthinkingly grabs her arm before she can get away, and pulls her back down.

“Take off your shades,” Wendy demands, voice shaking slightly. She hopes Seulgi doesn’t notice that. She obliges, fingers fumbling on the metal frames, and tucks them into her coat.

Without her sunglasses on, Seulgi looks vulnerable. Wendy remembers thinking the same thing when she saw her without them all that time ago. Something about her, despite all the trained skill and experience, is filled with a childlike innocence.

“Wendy?” Seulgi asks, biting down on her lower lip anxiously.

“I did miss you. But I thought… I thought,” Wendy swallows, trying to get her thoughts straight. Seulgi’s twitches, as if she wanted to to hold her hand but then thought better of it.

“You thought..?”

“I thought I was just the job,”

“No. You weren’t. I liked you from the start. Of course, I had to protect you, and I couldn’t let you distract me from the job, but I wanted to let you. So bad.”

“But, now that the job is done…?” Wendy tries not to get her hopes up, but Seulgi looks so earnest, so genuine. She’s not misinterpreting this, is she?

“Now, there’s nothing to distract me from.” Seulgi smiles faintly.

“But won’t you have other jobs? You fly all over the world,”

“Well, yes, but… now I’ll have more free time between cases. I can stay in one place for longer. I even rented an apartment here.”

“Isn’t that risky?” Wendy frowns at the idea of her getting caught, but is simultaneously delighted that she’s close by. That she’s putting down roots in this particular city, and then coming to tell her about it, floods her with joy.

“Yes,” Seulgi says, looking her directly in the eyes, not wavering for even a second. Wendy can’t breathe. A burst of energy flows through her, and she deftly packs all her belongings up, and this time she is the one leading a flustered Seulgi out of the cafe, and down a quieter road and to a more secluded area.

“Where are we going?” Seulgi asks, hastening her pace in order to keep up with her, “Wendy- mph!”

Wendy cuts her off with a kiss, and this time Seulgi doesn’t pull away. This time she slings her arms around Wendy’s neck and pulls her closer, and the blogger falls into her, finally. She’s fantasised about this for so long, and now it’s really happening, and better than she imagined. The sweet softness of her lips and her floral scent is encapsulating.

“I just wanted a more private place to do that,” Wendy breathes against Seulgi’s lips, before breaking out into a jubilant smile.


eeeyyyyyyyyy hows that for an ending

and that conclude my first seuldy fic leave a comment if u liked <3 

bye