Australia

To the End of the World

AUSTRALIA

 

The flight to Australia is a long one, nineteen hours, and Seulgi completely forgives Wendy for falling asleep. But she wishes she could have fallen asleep in maybe the other direction? Rather than resting her head on the spy’s shoulder and rendering her unable to move. Even Seulgi has second thoughts about shoving sleeping beauty off her shoulder.

But she has to wake her up soon, because they’ll be landing shortly, and as soon as the get off the plane they need to get into the car that Seulgi arranged to be waiting for them, which will take them to their destination.

Wendy awakens as they touch down, the shuddering of the vehicle bringing her back to life, fists clenching and lip caught between her teeth in what seems to be anxiety over landing. Bashfully she retreats to her own chair, but sends glances towards her when she thinks she isn’t looking and even in the car she doesn’t seem to want to talk, preferring to stare at her phone screen glowing in the dim light. Probably talking to the people they are to stay with, Seulgi thinks.

Luckily, the girls don’t live all that far from her contact, the man she is supposed to meet to unlock her box, so everything should turn out fine. She can just leave Wendy in the relative safety of these girls’ house and visit him for a day.

Seulgi just hopes that bringing her along wasn’t a mistake, and that her presence isn’t going to distract her too much from doing her job, though it might be a little late to be considering the drawbacks since they’re already so deep into this. She’s still got the image of Wendy coming out of the bathroom burned into her mind. Living in what is likely to be a confined space will only cause more encounters like this. Not that she minds personally, but she’d rather not get booted off the list for future cases because she was too busy thinking about a certain girl’s assets when she’s meant to be protecting them.

 

When she revealed on her blog that she was travelling to another country with the cute girl, her followers went insane. Wendy doesn’t blame them, if someone she followed said the same thing she would be blown away. Who in their right mind follows a stranger to another country- to the other side of the world?

Wendy, apparently.

She glances up quickly at Seulgi’s side profile, to see that she is staring out of the dark tinted windows thoughtfully. What could she be thinking about?

Wendy knows when they’re getting close to Joy and Yeri’s home because she has been sending them updates of landmarks they’re passing, and Joy has been getting more and more excited as they get closer. She stares at her surroundings in awe- it doesn’t look totally different to back home, there’s still buildings and they’re similar, but there’s just something different about the place that drives it home that she’s on another part of the planet, miles and miles away from her family and friends.

Hopefully they’re not going to be worried about her for suddenly disappearing… she hadn’t even thought to tell them she’d be away for a few days. Or however long this thing is going to take. When they get to Joy’s house she’ll get their wifi pass and tell everyone not to worry about her. Everything will be fine.

“Are you ok?”

“Hm? Ah, yeah… I was just thinking.”

“Oh,” Seulgi murmurs, making Wendy wince- had she seemed too standoffish? She doesn’t have long to consider it, however, as just a moment later the driver informs them that they’re pulling into their destination.

Hardly waiting to be told it’s safe, Wendy almost leaps out the car in a sudden rush of excitement, scrambling for her bags then lugging them up to the door of the small house. She raps on the door, and the moment it swings inwards, she leaps forward to hug the recipient, who turns out to be Joy, squealing in delight. A moment later Yeri is there, joining in the hug and making happy noises with her arms around the both of them.

“It’s so good to finally meet you!” Joy exclaims, pulling back only for a moment before grabbing her hands and dragging her inside. Yeri dives for her bags, but Wendy stops short for a second,

“Ah! Wait, there’s someone I’d like you to meet- this is Seulgi.” The spy is stood next to her bags looking about as uncomfortable as she usually does, standing like a sentinel with her eyes darting to and fro.

“Oh my goodness! I almost forgot you were coming too, I’m so sorry! I’m Joy, and this is my little sister, Yeri.”

“Nice to meet you,” she nods, half crouching to pick up her bags and making to follow the sisters into the little house. Wendy smiles at her in what she hopes is an encouraging way.

The interior of the house is nice, not too messy, although there is an odd shoe out of place, and some bowls and plates in the sink from an earlier meal. Wendy spots a couple of photographs of both of them standing with the parents, from a beach holiday maybe, and at some kind of carnival. She knows that Joy is in university right now, and her sister lives with her because it’s easier to commute to her high school from this house. They still rely financially on their parents, and visit them often, but live separately for their education.

Joy leads Wendy away from Seulgi,

“We only have one room free, so I hope you don’t mind sharing? There’s only one bed in there at the moment- oh also it’s Yeri’s room, she’s sleeping with me while you guys are here, but it’s ok, we do this when our parents come over it’s no big deal- but yeah, we can get out an inflatable mattress for you.” Joy seems to talk a lot when she’s excited, but it’s cute that she’s so hyped about them staying over for a few days.

“It’s cool, we shared a bed in a hotel back in canada, so unless you really want to spend an afternoon blowing up one of those things, we can share.” She smiles widely, and shares a look with her sister.

“This is the cute girl from that cafe, right?” Joy raises an eyebrow and suddenly seems a lot less cute and a lot more mischievous, Wendy is a little afraid, “we think you’re really cute together,”

All Wendy can do is make a pathetic noise of protest, which is quickly quashed by the knowing looks on the sneaky sisters’ faces. She glances to her left, where Seulgi is struggling with her tiny suitcase, then leans conspiratorially closer,

“I like her, but we’ve only known each other like, a day,” Wendy confesses, “I don’t know if she’s gay, even, but I,” she clears , “came out of the shower with only a towel and she seems, well, interested?”

“Oho, well. We’ll help you in any way we can, ok? You can trust us,” Yeri leers. Wendy feels a chill run down her spine.

 

Seulgi finally manages to get her suitcase over the threshold of the house, and hopes the others were too busy greeting each other to notice her struggling. Wiping her brow, she flicks her hair behind her and strides as confidently as she can to where the other three girls are standing, and peers into what looks to be the room they will be sleeping in while they are here. It looks like a normal teenager’s room; there are posters of rock bands on the walls with the corners rolling up, and a pink dreamcatcher hanging from the ceiling.

“This is where we’ll be sleeping, ok?” Wendy confirms her assumption, biting her lip. Seulgi nods coolly, not sure how to reply. With the go-ahead from the owners of this house, they troop inside, and begin half unpacking their things. They don’t need to unpack at all, really, since hopefully they won’t be here that long, but Wendy is treating this like a holiday, and Seulgi doesn’t want to hurt her.

While Wendy takes up residence on the bed with her laptop, Seulgi decides to scope out the place, to find out where would be most likely for an intruder to break in. So she snoops around the house, trying not to be too ostentatious about it. There’s a window in the laundry room which could be a break in point, but aside from that everywhere else seems fine. She goes back to Wendy, and perches on the edge of the bed that they are going to share tonight. Running through a safety plan is probably a good idea,

“Wendy? Remember not to stand next to any window, and not in plain sight. Don’t go outside unless you have to-” Wendy snorts- “what?”

“Who do you think you’re talking to? I can exist on nothing but crackers and internet for weeks if I want to.”

“Uh, ok,” Seulgi doesn’t know quite what to make of that, but it’s certainly a useful skill to have, she supposes. Wendy colours pink, and Seulgi tries not to smile, “you won’t need to live only on crackers, I just meant that you should remember to stay safe, we don’t know if we’re still being chased,”

“Yeah I know I didn’t mean- ah, nevermind.” The strawberry blonde looks away, embarrassed, typing something on her laptop once again. Seulgi wrinkles her nose. What is she typing? Is she talking to someone? Seulgi wants to ask so badly, but doesn’t want to appear nosy, so leaves her be, ignoring the itch that comes with not knowing something.

It’s still early enough in the morning that she could visit her contact and deliver the object to him, and return before dinner time, she thinks, checking the time on the rabbit shaped clock on the dresser.

“Are you ok to stay here for the day? I think I should deliver my package today- it will minimise the time spent here if I do it as soon as possible.”

“Aw, can’t you do it tomorrow?” She frowns.

“The less time we spend here, the less danger we are putting your friends in,” Seulgi reminds her gently,

“Oh, yeah. That’s true. In that case, you should go.” Wendy concedes, settling back further into the cushions she has arranged just so. Seulgi nods,

“Ok, well. I’ll be going now, then,”

“Alright, see you later,” Wendy smiles. Seulgi wants to say something else, but all she can think of is ‘goodbye’.

 

After she waves, Seulgi leaves and Wendy watches her leave from the corner of her eye, noting in the most distant way the her jeans are really tight, and it makes her derriere look very nice. Very nice indeed. Once she’s gone, she finally relaxes a little, or at least as much as she can when in an unfamiliar place. Then, deciding she is a little hungry, she peeks outside .The coast is clear, and Wendy heads to the kitchen, which luckily is where Joy and Yeri are. Yeri is sat at the breakfast bar, and Joy is mixing something in a blender.

“It’s all very dramatic, but, yeah, I think that might work- oh!” Yeri cuts herself off mid sentence, but doesn’t even look remotely guilty. Wendy guesses they’re plotting something between them, maybe something to get her and Seulgi together like they promised, but she doesn’t want to get too involved. It isn’t likely to work: Seulgi seems very proper, and extremely dedicated to her job. She sees Wendy as her client and probably wouldn’t do anything with her even if she wanted to because of that, so she vows not to get her hopes up.

“Do you want a smoothie?” Joy asks, moving aside to let Wendy see the blender, filled with pink fruit, “It’s strawberry and banana, are you allergic to anything?”

“Not that I know of, and that looks really good. Seulgi went out to do something important, but she’ll be back later on.”

“Oh, ok. She’s missing out on fruit smoothies, though,” Yeri has to shout over the sound of the blender.

“Yeah,” Wendy sits by Yeri, and swings her legs a little, “But it really is so good to finally meet you, I can’t really believe I’m here?”

“No, me neither,” Yeri agrees, “normal people don’t just jump on a plane with a person they’ve been crushing on for a few hours, so.”

“Shh, you,” Wendy pretends to smack her over and over,

“Ah! I was kidding, I was kidding!” Yeri screeches, giggling madly and trying not to fall off her seat. Joy comes to her rescue, bearing glasses off pretty pink smoothies.

“Ohh, those look so good,” Wendy beams, taking one from her and sipping happily.

“You like it?”

“Yeah! It’s really good, thank you. Oh, that reminds me- I should cook for you guys while I’m here!”

“Oh my god, yes please. Can we look on your recipe archive?”

“Yeah, of course. We could even do it today, if you want, we could get ingredients and have it made before Seulgi gets back,”

“Is this just a ploy to seduce her? It’s ‘the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach’, not a woman,” Joy teases,

“Well, that might have something to do with it, but I really want you to try my baking too. Maybe you could put up a review..?”

“Yes, of course,” Yeri promises, slurping her smoothie gleefully.

“Alright, then I’ll just go get my laptop, so we can have a look.” Wendy gets up, slipping gracefully over the smooth tiled floor like an ice skater to retrieve her most precious belonging. She carries it back carefully, and lays it on the counter so they can all see before scrolling down her recipe tag on her blog. It doesn’t take long for them to decide on something.

“That one! Definitely that one,” Joy points to a fruit crumble she had made recently for a friend’s birthday.

“That one? Do you have the ingredients here or do we need to go get some?”

“I think we have most of it, but if we need anything major we can nip out and get it, there’s a small shop we can go to nearby. But if they don’t have it, we could catch a bus to the mall and make a day trip of it or something,”

“You sound so old fashioned,” Yeri teases her older sister,

“Well, I’m sorry that I want to enjoy the probably short time that Wendy is going to be here,”

“Ok, ok,” Yeri puts her hands up even as Joy, with her hands on her hips, begins to smile at the absurdity of the situation,

“Lets check the cupboards first, we might not even need to go out,” Joy is quick to start opening the overhead cabinets and Yeri looks in the ones below the counters. Wendy watches, kinda wishing she had a sister to do things like this with, but deciding to just enjoy this while she’s here.

 

The inside of the contact’s home reeks of paranoia: it’s dark and the blinds are all drawn and there’s no sense of real personality in any of the man’s belongings. She can’t blame him, however, it’s probably just as well. He might have to uproot himself on very short notice, so there’s less to pack this way. She wouldn’t be surprised if he lived out of a suitcase, always afraid that someone is going to knock on his door that wants to kill him.

Once she gives him the little padlocked box, he holds it under a light and twists it around, the corners between two fingers.

“Well, it looks simple enough, so I would say it should be done by tomorrow. But of course first I have to check for traps- if I don’t do it right the interior could be destroyed as a safety mechanism. stay here,” he puts it down on the table below the light, and darts out of the room. He isn’t gone long, and when he returns, he presents her with an old brick phone,

“I’ll call you on this when it’s ready.” He informs her.

“How long do you…?” Seulgi asks, thinking of her charge, and the two sisters that have been inadvertently dragged into this, whether they know it or not.

“I don’t know,” he says, apologetically. Seulgi nods, and takes the old phone, shoving it into a pocket in her jacket.

“I should get going,” Seulgi says, checking the time on her own phone- the journey here had taken her longer than she’d anticipated, but that was mostly due to traffic rather than anything else. Hopefully, if she turned back now, she would make it back to Wend- back to the house she was staying in in half the time.

When she gets back, it’s Joy who answers the door. She’s wearing an apron, and the sweet scent of baking wafts around her as she takes off her shoes,

“Wendy is cooking for us,” Joy explains, barely concealing her pleasure.

“Wendy cooks?” Seulgi asks in disbelief. She hadn’t struck her as the homely type of person.

“Yes, she has a whole blog dedicated, or well, half dedicated to baking. She makes her own recipes and I’ve tried to make a few, but I’m excited to try what she’s baking right now.”

“Oh,”

“Yeah, you should check it out sometime. She’s really popular. Anyway, follow me, I think it should be done soon,” Joy invites her further in as Seulgi makes a note to herself to have a look at Wendy’s blog later on.

They enter the kitchen and Seulgi is met with the domestic sight of Wendy in a pink apron with a picture of a cartoon whisk on it, and it’s adorable. Then Wendy grins at her, and pushes her hair out of her face with the heel of her hand- her fingers are covered in some kind of batter- and she can’t resist smiling back. Her face is contagious, she realises with a sinking stomach.

“Hey, I’m here too,” Yeri waves at her deviously. Seulgi starts, and waves back hesitantly, making Yeri snort and look to her sister, who smirks back at her like they know a secret.

“Hi, Yeri,” Seulgi says quietly, then nods at the girl she’s dragged to the other side of the planet with her, “Wendy,”

“Welcome back, Seulgi,” She greets her, like this is no big deal, “would you like some crumble?”

Seulgi nods.

 

Watching Seulgi eat her culinary creation is like watching something magical unfold. She eats it quietly, but with a subtle amazement, like she’s never had anything like it before in her life. It’s only apple and rhubarb crumble, but she makes it look like ambrosia. It’s so flattering, and, honestly, cute. Gone is the harsh exterior, the cold facade that makes her seem so unapproachable when she’s in work mode, in lieu of this adorable persona that reminds her of a teddy bear.

Once all the dishes are cleaned up, Joy and Yeri profess that that was the best crumble they’ve ever eaten, and Seulgi agrees. Even though Wendy is sure they’re all just saying that, it still brings a blush to her face. Compliments are always nice.

They all troop to the living room, where they take a little while to agree on watching an animated movie about the day of the dead. Eventually, Yeri wins them over by reminding them they can all watch something else tomorrow.

Truth be told, Wendy had expected it to be boring, and while it was obviously aimed at kids, it wasn’t so bad. Seulgi seemed to enjoy it too, mouth falling open at the colours flashing on the screen. Struggling to keep her eyes open, Wendy does manage to make it to the end of the movie awake, pretending the whole time that she wasn’t imagining herself moving up a little closer to Seulgi so she could feel her thighs touching. She’s not that brave.

After the room goes dark once the movie is done, they agree to head upstairs to bed, since it’s nearing eleven o’clock. Besides, Wendy and Seulgi are both horribly jetlagged anyway, so it’s only fair that they start heading off to bed soon. They bid each other goodnight and go their separate way as pairs.

“So, do you mind which side of the bed you get?” Wendy asks, trying to dissolve some of the lethargic tension. Seulgi glances at the bed- not exactly king size- and shrugs.

“Ok then, all mine,” Wendy sighs goodnaturedly, starting to strip off her clothes without even thinking. Seulgi makes a sound that is somewhere between a bleat and a squeak, and turns around so quickly her hair flies out. With a chuckle, Wendy changes into her pyjamas and gets into the bed, pulling the covers over her head so Seulgi can change without an audience. The sound of fabric dropping to the floor is tantalising- she’s just a few feet away, and probably half - but Wendy isn’t like that. She won’t risk being hated for something like that, so she stays under the covers and waits for Seulgi to join her.

It’s a tight fit when she does, and Wendy has to budge over, pressed up against the wall.

“I apologise in advance if you wake up on the floor,” she warns, before trying to ignore the overwhelming presence of the other girl beside her.

It takes a while to get to sleep, what with all the accidental touching of ankles, or toes, or at one point Wendy is pretty sure she touched Seulgi’s chest, but they get there in the end, drifting off to unconsciousness eventually.

 

Seulgi looks at Wendy’s blog the next day, while Wendy is singing in the shower, and is half amused and half bemused at what she sees- her cursor is a ? She doesn’t get it, but looking through all the recipes makes her smile a bit, as she has a certain...charm when she writes out the instructions. And she definitely likes the button which leads her to Wendy’s selfie collection.

She tries her very best not to look when Wendy walks into the room in only her towel again, and if it wasn’t for her blatant nonchalance she would think she was doing it to provoke her. But maybe she just doesn’t mind other people seeing her wandering around showing off so much skin. Closing the window on Yeri’s computer, so Wendy doesn’t see what she was looking at, she opens something else that’s completely nondescript, something about bears.

“Aw, ,” Wendy hisses, hopping to put her sock on. Then suddenly she’s breathing down Seulgi’s neck, and her hand is hovering over her shoulder blade- close enough to know it’s there, but not actually touching her. She smells fruity, especially strongly after her shower. It gives her the shivers.

“What’cha looking at?” Seulgi turns her head at her voice, and even though she knew she was close, she didn’t expect her to be that close. Close enough to kiss, just a few centimetres away.

“Uh, just-” she looks at the screen again, squinting, “polar bears?”

“Oh, it’s so cute,” Wendy smiles serenely, making Seulgi’s heart stutter. The smile twitches, and falls from her face. “Once we’re done here, are we going back to Canada?”

“Um, no. We have to go to South Korea to deliver this to my boss. Then you go back home.”

“Oh,” She whispers. Then she just leaves the room. Like nothing happened in the first place, even though Seulgi’s heart is beating out of her chest.

Maybe for her, nothing did happen. Taking a few steadying breaths, Seulgi logs out of the guest account and hopes that her contact finishes soon, because she isn’t sure how much of this she can take.


 

A few days pass, and Wendy is enjoying herself here. She bakes something new every day, and sometimes Joy and Yeri have to go out to buy ingredients for her- Seulgi didn’t want her to leave the house in case she was seen by someone.

She and Seulgi have had a few more close encounters of the intimate kind, and wake up very close to each other more than once. The night before, Seulgi’s hand had been lying on her waist, and one leg slung over her own. That hadn’t happened again, they made sure of it. This morning they woke up with their backs pressed together, and their pyjamas had ridden up during the night, so it was just their bare skin touching. Seulgi was very warm, she remembers.

This afternoon, Wendy is sat on the couch in the living room. It’s saturday now, so Yeri doesn’t have school, and they can relax.

“Hey, I swear I’ve seen that girl already today,” Yeri says from her position by the window. She said she was reading, but every time Wendy looked at her, she seemed to be staring outside dreamily.

“Huh, that’s odd,” Wendy mumbles, just humouring her, but Seulgi looks up sharply,

“What does she look like?”

“Well, she’s asian, blonde, not that tall? She has jeans and a shirt on,” Yeri makes a face, “is this important?”

“It could be Soojung. Even so, we should get out of here. We don’t need to put you in any more danger than necessary.” Seulgi is already on her feet, dialling a number into her phone- probably the number for her superiors. “Wendy, start packing in case we have to move,”

She leaves the room, shutting the door behind her so that the others can’t hear what she’s saying. Wendy guesses it’s either about extraction or about the package she’s supposed to deliver. Frowning, Wendy cautiously gets up and shares a look with Yeri, who is now sat ramrod straight, looking concerned.

“I thought this was a holiday?” She sounds confused, and also a little hurt.

“It is and it isn’t,” Wendy apologises, “I’m enjoying being here, but there’s another reason we’re here, too,” Yeri purses her lips, watching her speculatively, but nods.

“Well, you better go do what she says,” Joy says quietly, “she seems to know what she’s doing,”

“Yeah.” Wendy agrees reluctantly, leaving the room and the two girls she’s grown to love over the short time they’ve been here. Of course, she couldn’t stay here forever, and it was definitely nice while it lasted, but this sudden interruption has reminded her that she’s technically running for her life. In a round-about way at least. As she passes through the corridor, Seulgi turns around so she can’t hear what she’s saying, though she can still make out the odd hissed word.

Sighing to herself, she slips into their room and starts to  gather all of her things, folding them silently and putting them into her little travel bag.

 

“I don’t care! There are civilians in danger right now, it has to be done. I’m going to leave now, so you have about half an hour to finish it, got that?”

“Bu-!” Seulgi hangs up, and rolls her shoulders to rid herself of some of the tension. She cares about these girls now, she wouldn’t be able to live with herself if something happened to them, and that’s why usually she avoids contact with people in this way- there’s always the risk of something happening to them in her line of work. How did they even find them here? Her fists clench against her leg- she hates feeling helpless.

Following Wendy, she packs all of her things away too, shoving them inside her leather bag with abandon- she’ll sort them out later if she has time.

“Wendy, quickly, we need to get going,”

“Ok, ok. Don’t get your knickers in a twist,” she grumbles, sending a pang of guilt through her- it’s not her fault she’s here, she’s in danger, all three of them are, and it’s all Seulgi’s fault. Gritting her teeth, she forces a fluffy jacket into the bag and makes a promise to herself to get them all out of this safely.

In order to draw eyes away from this house, they need to be seen leaving, or at least on their way. This will only leave them the smallest amount of time to collect the package, provided the rival agents aren’t there already, so they have to be quick when they leave.

“Wendy?” Joy’s face peeks around the door, followed by Yeri just below, “We’re glad to have had you here,” she smiles, “I hope all this ends up ok, whatever it is,”

“Thank you, and thanks for having us over here, I know it was a bit of a sacrifice,” She looks towards Yeri in specific. Wendy would never have given up her own bedroom without a fight, so she admires the younger girl for being generous enough to do so. They open the door wider, so both of them are stood before them.

“I think all the yummy food more than made up for it.”

“C’mere,” Wendy stands up and holds her arms out. The sisters don’t hesitate to hug her, and even Seulgi joins the goodbye hug, at Wendy’s prompting. Wendy sniffles, trying her best not to cry.

“Alright, now we really do have to go. Thank you very much,”

“You’re welcome,” Joy murmurs, then to Wendy, “good luck with your… plans,” she winks, then grabs Yeri’s hand and departs, leaving them to pack in relative peace. What plans? Seulgi wonders, glancing at her charge from the corner of her eye. She looks flushed, but they don’t have time for chit chat now, so maybe she’ll bring this up later.

Wendy shields her eyes when the step outside, even though it’s a fairly cloudy day. Obviously that’s what comes from spending close to six days almost entirely indoors, with the curtains drawn. Vigilant, Seulgi looks around, almost expecting someone to jump out from behind a car to ambush them, but no one is there. Or visible to her, at least.

There’s already a taxi waiting for them, since Seulgi called her boss to arrange transport. The driver has the address, and has already been paid, so he knows to go to the contact’s house and then straight to the airport. And he seems to have experience with this type of thing, not seeming the slightest bit bothered when Seulgi tells him to step on it.

 

Seulgi is visibly tense, and Wendy is terrified herself, clutching her little bag to her lap and sitting ramrod straight. They drive in complete silence, and Wendy keeps finding herself checking behind them, in case she sees any cars that are following, not that she knows what to look for.

It takes some time before they arrive at the right house, and as soon as they’re there, Seulgi dives out and walks quickly to the door. Then the door opens and she is gone, leaving Wendy to her spiralling panic, filled with ‘what if’s.

What if Seulgi is attacked on her way back? What if the package isn’t ready yet? What if the driver is actually on the other side, and drives away with her still inside? What if someone attacks her while Seulgi isn’t here to protect her?

In order to distract herself from the myriad of improbabilities, she gets out her phone and scrolls her dashboard with trembling fingers. She hasn’t made many personal posts lately, apart from recipes and cakes, so she decides now is as good a time as any to answer a few asks. But her mind goes blank every time she hears a noise outside, so she gives up, instead just absently watching photo after photo fly by.

Clock watching doesn’t make time go by faster, but it does tell her that it takes exactly thirty four minutes for Seulgi to return.

“Is everything ok?” She asks immediately as she opens the door. Seulgi presses a finger to her lips,

“We’re good. Please take us to the airport now, as fast as you can.”

“Right you are,” the driver replies, only waiting for Seulgi to do up her seatbelt before tearing away and speeding onto the motorway. Wendy covers so she doesn’t gasp at the reckless driving, the way they’re weaving between cars going at one hundred miles per hour, and grips the edge of her seat as hard as she can. She closes her eyes so she doesn’t have to see cars coming at her like rockets.

They pull into the airport carpark with a screech of tires,

“This is as close as I can get you, ladies,” the driver apologises, throwing his arm over the back of the seat next to him so he can turn around to face them, “good luck doing getting there,”

“Thanks, this is fine,” Seulgi says, already stepping out of the car. She opens the door for Wendy too, offering her a hand to help her up. Gratefully, Wendy takes it, afraid her legs are going to give way beneath her. She was never good with rollercoasters or fast things, but at least on rollercoasters you can’t crash.

“Don’t let go, ok?” Seulgi commands, then starts briskly walking towards the main terminal. Wendy has to half jog to keep up with her.

 

There’s so many people, it’s an ’s nightmare. Seulgi makes sure to grip Wendy’s hand tightly, so she doesn’t lose her in the crowd.

“Seulgi!” She pauses momentarily for Wendy to catch her breath, “where are we going?”

“This way,” Seulgi replies, yanking her again and urgently leading her towards their destination. She looks over her shoulder, walking backwards for a moment to look like she’s talking with her friend, but checking out behind her with careful eyes.

There, at the entrance, there’s one of them looking around. , “faster, Wendy, c’mon,” she tugs her again, leading her in the direction of the private jet terminal. Once there, she rummages around in her bag to produce the necessary documents, and taps her feet as the lady working there checks them over. She needs to hurry up, or this is all over.

Luckily, since the NIS logo is plastered all over it, they let her through fairly quickly, leaving their pursuers behind barriers of security.

“Fourth on your left,” the woman informs them with a strained smile.

Once through the door and into the waiting area, Seulgi lets her shoulders droop a little, but doesn’t stop walking, as the plane should be waiting for them by now. It’s not far to the exit, and someone is there to meet them anyway, guiding them to the small plane and up the escalator.

It’s only when the door closes, and they start to move that Seulgi starts to relax, and then when they’re finally in the air, she concludes they’re safe. For now.

“Well, that was one hell of a journey,” Wendy mumbles, voice slightly shaky.

“I’m sorry you had to go through that,”

“No, don’t say that.” She runs her fingers through her long hair, and puts her bag on the floor of the jet.

“Next stop South Korea,” Seulgi sighs, staring out of the window at the rapidly shrinking houses of Australia.

“Korea? Do you need somewhere to stay there too? I have friends there-”

“No, it’s ok, we’re fine. There’s a hotel already booked for us. Unless we’re ambushed there, I don’t think we’ll need to trouble more of your friends,”

“Well, I’m going to ask just in case, ok?”

“If you wish,” Seulgi manages a half smile at her persistence, and checks the time. Thirteen hours until they reach Korea.


im so tired i think im going to die x_x

dont forget to comment if you enjoyed! :) the next part will be up soonish i think

twitter here, tumblr here