I love you

You Gave Me A New Life

Months spent. Onew still lived in Minho’s apartment, and did the housework. He cleaned up every day, he washed the dishes and the clothes too. He ironed them as well, and every afternoon he greeted Minho with a big smile on his face.

Of course he was thinking about leaving, but he has promised Minho, that he will never leave the house without him. It was like a luxury prison, but Jinki didn’t mind it. He loved living with the younger boy, and he didn’t mind, that he couldn’t leave. Minho was really a good person, he spent all of his free time with him, they watched television, or played on PlayStation. And as well, Onew learnt in his free time. He read Minho’s old books, and he was really interested in things. When he didn’t understand something, he showed it to Minho, who always helped him. They became very close friends, they shared everything with each other. Nay, Onew was the only one who knew Minho’s secret. The younger boy was gay since the beginning of his high school years. And he was in love with his best friend, who was straight and who moved to the U.S, when he finished his studies. He was two years younger than Minho.

And Jinki was jealous. He really really liked the young student, he always felt grateful to him, but as the days passed he felt more love to the younger boy. First he thought that he loved Minho like a son, or like a young brother, but once he realized that he has fallen in love with him. When he hugged Minho he was happier, his heart was beating faster, and he blushed every time. Some days when Minho talked to him, Jinki wanted to kiss him, he just watched his thick and soft lips. He loved the young boy, but it was a platonic love just like the love of Minho. That young boy will never love him back, Onew knew it, and Minho knew it as well. How could he leave Minho? No, he couldn’t leave him, because he felt love.

 

“Today Taemin is coming” Minho woke up in a spring morning with a great smile on his face.

 

“It’s okay; I’ll go somewhere. I don’t want to disturb you two” told Onew. He was having breakfast. It was spring break, and Taemin will be in Korea for a whole week! Yahoo!

 

“Bah, you are silly. Of course I want to introduce you to him. You two are my best friends, and the most important people in the world” Minho sat down next to his hyung and picked a toast.

 

“I think he will be jealous” Onew sighed. He wasn’t worry for that Taemin, but for himself. He loved the young boy, and his heart will broke if Taemin is gay too. His only hope was the distance between them. Taemin won’t leave the U.S.A. just because of Minho. Probably.

 

“I don’t think so. I have already told him stories of you, and he didn’t seem like to be jealous. I’m pretty sure you two will like each other a lot. He will sleep on the coach”

 

Onew couldn’t believe to his ears. Minho invited Taemin to sleep here? No way! That Taemin must go to his family, and leave Minho alone with him.

 

“Pardon?” he looked at him in horror. What has Minho just said?

 

“His parents still work today and Taemin don’t want to disturb them. That’s all. So I let him to stay here, if you don’t mind, of course” replied the younger one. He was calm, and happy, while Onew was his opposite.  He was annoyed, angry, jealous, and sad. He liked Taemin while he was in the U.S. but now… he hated him. He just wanted to put Taemin on the next plane wherever it goes.

But he couldn’t. He couldn’t do that because of Minho, the boy he loved. It was still his house and Onew was still a guest. If Minho needs Taemin, then Taemin will move in.

And this fact shocked Jinki. He didn’t want it.

 

“No, I don’t mind” stammered Onew. Minho smiled back, with his always perfect smile then left the house. He went to the airport for pick up his boyfriend. Onew shuddered. He hated this word. Taemin can’t be Minho’s boyfriend! No way!

But he could do nothing.

He just made the lunch, and cleaned up the apartment a bit. Then he went to the room and waited for his worst nightmare.

 

Who came five hours later. He opened the door, and laughed with Minho.

 

“Yah, hyung, you’re funny. I really cannot believe how somebody can mix the ulna with the radius bone. How can a person like this go to the University of Doctors? But your reaction was the best” Taemin laughed.

 

“Ah, yes” responded Minho with a great smile on his cheeks. He was happy “It shocked me”

 

“I’m sure. Even I won’t be ever a doctor, I know it. Because of you, hyung. You will be sad, if I mix them, right?” Taemin sat down on the coach, and of course he kept smiling.

 

“Right” Minho nodded then gave a glass of water to the younger boy. Taemin was always thirsty at Minho’s house, nobody knows why. So, it was a tradition. When Taemin came, he drunk a lot of water.  “I want to introduce you somebody”

Taemin’s eyes became sparkly.

 

“Hyung, did you adopt a puppy? Or a kitty?” he asked cutely, but Minho looked at him like an idiot. He told him stories about his housemate, Jinki. He told him, how they played at the park, how was at the zoo, and so on. He told a lot of stories about the older boy. How Taemin could forget that? And from where he found that animal? No, of course it was not an animal. How an idiot question!

 

“No” he answered simply “It’s my housemate”

First Taemin frowned, but then something fell down with a great knock.

 

“Yes, sure. I remember now” he smiled widely. Minho smiled back. Taemin always lived in his small world, so sometimes he needed somebody who guided him in the reality. Normally it was Minho. He always helped him if he could.

 

“I’m glad about that” he smiled back, and then he went to Onew’s room. He gingerly knocked the door. “Hyung? Could you come here a bit, please?”

 

Onew opened the door. He looked sad and depressed, but he tried to smile. He didn’t want to hurt Minho, so he tried acting cute and friendly with the young boy even he hated him.

 

“I’m sorry, Minho-yah. I didn’t want to disturb you” he bowed a bit, but Minho smiled.

 

“You never disturb us. Come” he grabbed Jinki’s hand and went to the living room. Taemin gently stood up. He was cute. His face was a bit girlish, but it made him so good-looking.  He could smile very gently, and his big eyes were shiny. Now Onew understood why Minho loved this guy. He was too cute to be real.

 

“Hi” Taemin smiled shyly. He felt a bit strange, because Onew was the first one who became a close friend of Minho. After him, of course. Well, Minho had a plenty of friends, but he was self-contained with people. Taemin was his first close friend, and now it’s Jinki.

 

“Hello. I’m Jinki. Lee Jinki” the elder bowed, and then the younger followed him.

 

“My name is Lee Taemin. Nice to meet you”

 

How funny! Both of them were Lee. Maybe it’s the joke of Fortune that Choi Minho found two Lee as best friends.

 

“To you too” Jinki saw Taemin sitting on the coach, and he was very jealous. The young boy was much better than he was. Onew was older than Minho. He didn’t have final exam, or any degrees. He had never studied on a university, he never taught languages. He spoke in Korean. He started English as well, but it was very difficult for him. He learnt a lot; all in his free-time he just read the old books of Minho.

 

“I heard a lot about you, Jinki hyung. I’m so happy, that Minho found a new friend. Anyway, what are you doing? I mean, what’s your job? Minho never told me that, and I’m curious”

 

Onew shocked. He really hated this evil boy, he knew everything, but he would laugh because of his past. But Taemin was right. Maybe he was rich too, like Minho, but Lee Jinki had nothing. The razor and the cup were in the dustbin, and the book was in Minho’s bookshelf. He really took care of it he always stuck it together, so the book was in safe.

 

“He’s still studying” answered Minho instead of Jinki. The older boy a bit surprised but he felt grateful. Again.

 

“Oh, I see. Do you have any plans? You are not that young, hyung. What is your dream job? What do you want to be?” Taemin just asked and asked a lot of questions and Jinki was very embarrassed. It seemed like Taemin knew Onew very well, and he wanted to show that he was Minho’s friend.

 

“I don’t know yet. Maybe I would like to work in an office” he answered. Taemin nodded.

 

“It’s okay, but what would you be? What is the job of your dreams?” this guy will never give up, but Onew yes. He had no dreams. He just wanted to stay with Minho, his love. But now he felt that it would be a bad idea. Even Minho was gay, Onew just parasitized on him. Minho needed a boy who was successful, rich and young. Like this Taemin.

 

“I don’t know yet” he answered after a tiny silence “and you?”

 

“Well, I want to be a mechanical engineer. Now I’m studying in the U.S.A.” Taemin was proud of himself, and it made Jinki sad. His hero appeared again with sheets. He put them on the coach.

 

“Here, Taemin-ah. Are you two hungry? Because you two haven’t eaten anything. Me, I will die of my hungry” he said with a cute smile. Yes, it was already six o’clock in the afternoon and they were still standing in the living room and talking about jobs.

 

“Me too. I could eat a horse” Onew reared and went to the kitchen. He wasn’t that hungry, but he tried to escape from Taemin and his annoying questions. Now he was sure, he hated the guy. He was evil, he knew that Onew has been living on the street, but he wanted to hear it. No way! Onew ashamed his past and he wanted to forget it. Minho helped him, but Taemin made it heavier.

He helped set the table while Minho warmed up the kimchi soup. The youngest member appeared too and sat down next to Minho’s place.  Onew could strangle him in a spoon of water. But really.

 

“Anyway, does your nickname have a story?” Taemin turned to Jinki who smiled.

 

“When I was child I had a friend whose name was Jinki two. I was the calmed one so I became On-yu. I don’t know how did it happens, but everybody wrote my name with the letters O N E W” answered the eldest. Minho put the soup on the table and poured it for everyone. They thanked and started to eat.

 

“You are such an interesting person, hyung” told Taemin. Onew sighed. He has had enough of him.

 

“Everybody’s different. For me you are different too, because you have chances in your life. I mean, your parents must be rich and they pay everything for your success”

 

“Why? What about your parents?”

 

An awkward silence settled between the three boys.

 

“They are dead” answered Onew silently. Since he lived with Minho he was never thinking about his past. He loved the present, but now he felt guilty because he forgot them.

 

“Oh, sorry” Taemin continued eating the food. It was the best thing he could do after the heart broke of Onew. The time spent slowly, Jinki felt himself more and more uncomfortable, but he could do nothing.

 

“No probs” he answered and finished the diner as fast as he could. He thanked it, took it to the washing machine then went to the bathroom to take a shower. It calmed him. So he stood there for an hour. After that he took on his pajama and went to sleep. He didn’t want to see Minho and Taemin talking together. He pulled the blanket on himself and watched the cellar. He couldn’t sleep because of Taemin. When he fell asleep he had nightmares about the two younger as they were kissing.

So he woke up many times at night. Fortunately he heard Minho’s cute snore from the younger’s room.

 

When it was six o’clock in the morning, he woke up. As he left the room, he saw Taemin sleeping on the coach. The young boy’s face was like an angel’s. It was too calm and cute.

Onew smiled sadly. Taemin was the perfect one for Minho, not him.

>Maybe I should go away< he thought. He made coffee for himself and the others and he sat down. He just looked in front of him the nothing, and he was thinking about Minho and Taemin.

 

“Morning” Minho shuffled out of his room.

 

“Morning” answered Jinki. When he saw Minho he always smiled.

 

“Did you sleep well?” the younger boy prepared cereals for himself then sat down next to Jinki.

 

“Of course. And you?”

 

“Me too”

 

After that the two of them finished talking with each other and sat in a big silence. When Taemin woke up, Onew went to his room and read Minho’s history book. He loved History; it was a tale about humanity. So he read it and he wrote the dates and the names in his exercise-book. Hours spent and he just learnt and learnt.

Somebody knocked.

 

“Come in” Jinki looked up. The door opened and Minho’s head appeared.

 

“Do I disturb you?” he asked.

 

“No”

 

“I feel sorry. Taemin was a bit indecent. He must hurt you deeply. He left, but I would like to apologize instead of him” Minho sat down on Jinki’s bed.

 

“You don’t have to. I’m sorry, I was so rude with Taemin, but I was jealous”

 

“Why?” Minho surprised “You are my best friend too”

 

“Minho-yah, you love a straight boy” The elder looked at his friend.

 

“Hyung, I don’t love Taemin” answered Minho. His face came closer and closer to the elder’s “I love somebody else”

 

“Who?” Onew blushed.

 

“You”

 

Their lips touched each other softly. It was Onew’s first kiss, with a boy, he loved.

 

“I love you too” Jinki answered, but Minho kissed him again.

 

“I know. I watched your reactions and I was always interested in psychology, so I knew that you love me” Minho gave an evil smile to his friend. Or boyfriend now?

 

“Phew! You are evil! But I really love you” Jinki hugged his love. He was the luckiest person in the world.  

 

 

THE END