1/2

When the Size is the Same
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Monday in the morning, the laziest day ever. Jung Daehyun was walking down the street as he munched some food in his mouth. He was an ordinary high school student with no ordinary body size. He still had food stuffed in his mouth when his best friend, Yoo Youngjae shocked him and made him choked by the food. The best friend quickly said ‘Hello’ and ran then left him alone. Daehyun of course had the intention to catch ‘the-bastard-who-just-ruined-his-meal-time’, but he understood that he would never able to catch him. The boy only shook his head then grabbed his water bottle and drank it. He kept eating his breakfast until he entered the schoolyard. When he was about to get inside the school, he felt an arm around his neck. He sighed heavily.

“Yo, Daehyunie! How is it going?” Daehyun kept walking, ignoring his schoolmate.

“Awwww, I’m hurt being ignore by you.” The boy made a fake sad face.

“J-just let me go, Yoo Jin-ssi.” His schoolmates laughed hardly at Daehyun.

“We haven’t even started yet! Don’t forget about us and only think about your food, Daehyunie!” They laughed out loud at it. It was very usual to Daehyun. He ran into this situation every freaking day!

“ Look, I have to run to my class or I’ll be late. Please.” Daehyun didn’t want to make any problems with them.

“What!? Did I hear you right? You want to run to you class? Run? Can you do that? Well, you can’t even keep your step with ours when WALKING! So stop dreaming, Jung Daehyun-ssi.” Right after that the bell rang and the students were running to their class, not wanting to be late. Daehyun walked slowly to the class, he knew that what they’re saying was the truth.

‘Is it my fault that I’m fat?’ He sighed.

‘Well, I just love food, I can’t help it.’ And then he chuckled, remembering what he was going to have for lunch.

Yeah, eventhough Jung Daehyun was your ordinary boy, but he had no ordinary body size. A very fat boy and that’s Daehyun; a real food monster. He was getting used with the insult his schoolmates gave to him, he was happy being who he was and didn’t even think to change anything.

On the other side, the school gangster leader, Bang Yongguk. He was never a guy who paid attention to his surrounding, but never messed with this kind of guy. It was never he, but his fellowmen were the one who insulted Daehyun pretty much and pretty bad. Until one day, the fat and sloppy Daehyun accidentally drop his full of food tray on Yongguk’s clothes. All of Yongguk’s fellowmen quickly stood up and ready to bully Daehyun. But strangely, Yongguk stood up and left them with no sound at all. The fat boy could only hung his head low. He didn’t mean to do that and he felt really bad for the latter. Daehyun just didn’t know who the boy was, he just went to his locker and took a spare uniform and searched for the dirty clothes boy. And as expected, he found the bigger boy at the bathroom. Daehyun tapped the shoulder and gave him the clothes and he just got off. What made Yongguk confuse was the size of that shirt. He couldn’t believe it at all. The fat boy at least had his body bigger 2 times Yongguk’s body size, and yet the uniform that was loaned for him was even smaller than his size. He was getting confuse. How did the fat boy manage to get that size of clothes? Yongguk didn’t want to think about it, he shook his head and went to the class.

The school bell was ringing; all of the students hurriedly went outside, except for one student who still sat on his seat, eating his last piece of the special cheesecake. Daehyun still enjoyed his time while waiting for Youngjae. They usually went home together. But this time he had waited for long enough until he had to sacrifice his beloved one, the cheesecake. It was near 5 already and he really had to go home. He got up and ran outside the school. He didn’t realize that another boy was seeing him and got curious. The gangster leader didn’t know why he did follow the fat boy, but he wanted to know the boy. It was already noon ad the street was getting darker. Daehyun looked around as if he was afraid someone was going to do something bad to him. Yongguk smiled secretly. But Yongguk wasn’t expected when the fat boy saw a homeless oldman, he just without thinking twice, gave his lunch money for the homeless one. Daehyun smiled brightly seeing the smiling old man. Yongguk kept following him and he got surprised again when Daehyun helped a puppy from getting abused by the naughty children. The insult that the children gave to Daehyun made Yongguk knew that this was Daehyun’s neighborhood. Without thinking twice, same as before, he carried the puppy with him and got into a small ugly house. Yongguk just stood faraway and then he turned away, went to his own house.

Yongguk couldn’t help but to think about what he saw today. He never knew someone as kind as Daehyun, especially after he say the fat boy’s house. He knew that Daehyun lost his parents when he was nearly 10 years and now he also knew that the boys wasn’t a loaded person like him. Yongguk still thought about it until he was asleep. While in the other side of the city, the fat boy patted the puppy happily.

“Hey, puppy! How come you are so cute like this!?” The puppy just barked happily.

“I’m going to give you a name! Ummm… How about Dubu? I like tofu so much!!!” The puppy barked louder.

“Okay, Dubu! Now I’m so sleepy, how about we make something for you??? Well, I don’t really have money to buy your food today, when I get back to work, I’ll buy you lots of food, okay? So we’re going to make something simple for you.” Daehyun went into the kitchen and made a scramble egg for the puppy.

“Eat this, I’m going to take a bath first.” He smiled to the dog but his cloth was pulled by the puppy. The puppy brought the plate in front of Daehyun’s feet.

“No! It’s for you. I’m full already. I’m still have extra energy in this.” He touched his big belly and then left to take a bath. After that he cleaned the plate and then he took the puppy to the bed. He was totally tired for today. He really needed a break, but he also needed money. He sighed and the got into a deep slumber.

In the morning, Daehyun just did his usual routines, except he had to give little of his breakfast for the puppy. Daehyun was hurried to school, he didn’t want to be late, he walked slowly, so, it better for him to go earlier, right? He knew something would happened today and he better got off earlier. And that ‘something’ wasn’t going to be a pleasant thing. He walked with his full-of-food mouth. As expected, Yoo Jin, one of Yongguk’s members, suddenly pulled Daehyun’s backpack, made the latter fall backwards and touch the pavement. He screamed and made his food splatter over his body, made him looked very dirty. He tried to get up, but he couldn’t. He was about to cry when someone extended his hand to help him. He looked up and found his best friend Youngjae. Daehyun stared at the boy straightly.

“You ditched me yesterday!” Daehyun pouted.

“Don't make that ugly face, Dae. Now, let me help you or you want to be late for school?” Daehyun took the hand and tried to get up. When he cleaned up his uniforms, he interrogated Youngjae.

“Don’t be mad, Dae, yeste

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter