Of Coffee Shops and Customer Feedback

What's Your Name?

Yoon Junghan is a college sophomore, a huge fan of Haruki Murakami, and a self-proclaimed Grammar Nazi. Since he majors in Literature and literally makes at least 3 critical papers on a daily basis, he’s quite particular when it comes to words, spellings, names, and the like. His bestfriend, Boo Seungkwan is a college freshman, a huge fan who'd die for Beyonce, and is probably the most extroverted person Junghan knows. Despite their contradicting personalities, they’ve been best of friends since kindergarten and now they’re college roommates.

 

It was finally midterms week and the two roommates decided to have a study session at a coffee shop Seungkwan highly recommended. Junghan wasn’t quite sure how they’ll actually be able to review their notes when his bestfriend was majoring in English while he was majoring in Literature; and the only subject they had together was PE, but being the kind-hearted person that he is, he complies and enters a quaint coffee shop with the letters “S V T” on top of the entrance. There weren’t much customers in it but it was the kind of atmosphere Junghan has been searching for ever since he entered college. It had a shabby chic interior with a few rustic details -- huge bookshelves everywhere, comfy-looking couches, and really good-looking baristas (not that they were part of the interior but Junghan couldn’t leave that out).

 

The two find a spot at the corner and Junghan immediately brings out a book and reads. Seungkwan literally stared at him for a good 3 minutes until his friend looks up and stares back. Junghan was the first to give up in their spontaneous staring game and he voluntarily gets up and purchases a few snacks for the two of them. He goes back with a tray filled with sandwiches and pastries for his friend who was now staring at the shop counter.

 

"Ya, Mingyu. That guy's been staring at you for the past 5 minutes." Vernon nudges his fellow barista as he washes a few containers. "Seems like he's got a little crush on you-", he snickers and is cut off with a wash towel on his face. "Yeah right. Choi Hansol, you should really learn how to read the atmosphere. You can be really dense sometimes." "Wha-" the younger barista is cut off once again with their doe-eyed friend who seems to be struggling with the influx of orders. "Can you guys help me with these? Please?" Hansol smiles brightly and rushes to Joshua with a cute "Okay~"

 



"Ya, Yoon Junghan. Ya ya ya YA-" Seungkwan gets hit on the face with his best friend's book. "What was that for? WAS THAT EVEN NECESSARY??" He whimpers as he pats his face in the hopes of relieving it from the sudden ambush. "Well, I was already at the of the story when you suddenly decided to disturb me." He says with his arms crossed and a short huff followed as he tries to blow his bangs away from his face. "Okay, fine. I'm sorry. I was wrong. But I'm definitely not wrong with the fact that that one barista guy has been staring at you for the past 5 minutes." Junghan blinks and takes a few seconds to process what was said. He slowly averts his attention to the counter and sees a bunch of guys being too busy with the orders. One was busy flirting with the customers as per usual, the other one was too busy.... Rapping? And doing some lame swagger thug poses that he's not  really familiar of, and then there was that guy with the doe eyes who suddenly stopped what he was doing and looked right back at Junghan for a few seconds. They stay like that for a couple more seconds until the barista decided to smile at him and went back to what he was doing. Seungkwan brings him back to reality as he snaps his fingers and adds  "also, did you realize that you only ordered snacks without any drinks?" So they both get up and walk to the counter.

"Can you please stop staring at the menu and can we please just order already?" Junghan asks his bestfriend as he tries to tie his long hair together. Seungkwan quietly moves closer to him and whispers "i'mnotstaringatthemenuimstaringatthebaristas" then he quickly moves away before a barista approaches them. "SO what would you guys like today?" A blonde-haired barista asks them and Junghan had to look at him twice to check if the guy was actually asking them with his eyes closed or open -- he really couldn't tell. Seungkwan smiles back and hesitates for a bit before giving his order.

 

“Caramel Frappuccino? Is that the only drink that you actually know?” Junghan scoffs as he orders a Venti Black Iced Tea with extra Strawberry Syrup. His bestfriend was too busy staring at the cute baristas to even care. The barista who was flirting a while ago greeted them at the cashier. "So a tall Caramel Frappuccino for Seungkwan and a Venti Iced Black Tea with extra Strawberry Syrup for.... Junghan, right?" His nametag says "Mingyu", and Junghan was sure that Mingyu just winked at him. "Y-yeah." He smiles shyly and gives his credit card. They go back to their table and wait for their names to be called. Junghan kills time by continuing with his book and Seungkwan goes back to staring at the cute guys.

 

“Why do you even look at them when you’ve got such an attractive and beautiful person such as your own best friend right in front of you? Really, Boo Seungkwan? Really?” But the latter swats his hand to his attractive and beautiful best friend’s face and ignores him once again. “Mingyu… Hoshi…. thatothercuteguy” he mutters to himself, “... and my baby Vernon” he blushes. “You are so creepy.” Junghan says as he gives Seungkwan an i’m-SO-judging-you-right-now face.

 

Seungkwan couldn’t help it. The baristas at SVT were damn attractive and actually kind of flirty. It’s as if the cafe was actually some sort of maid cafe -- but with guys. Everything was still new, though. So Seungkwan kept this information all to himself and his best friend. The cafe was hidden at some corner near their university so almost everyone in it were students -- including the baristas themselves.

 

The doe-eyes barista suddenly brings up a few drinks on the counter and shouts "One Caramel Frappuccino for Seungkwan!" Knowing his cue to stand up, Seungkwan claims his drink and goes back. Junghan was too engrossed in his book until he heard someone shout his name. Or did he just mishear it? "One Venti Strawberry Iced Tea for.... Junghey!!" Doe eyes shouts for the second time. Junghey? He looks at the drink he was holding and was sure that it was his drink. But Junghey? Really? In the past 20 years of his existence, he’s never met someone who’d actually spell his name wrong. He sighs and rises from his seat to claim his drink. "Here you go. Have a nice day!" The barista with no nameplate says. "It's Jungha- nevermind." He says and quickly gets his drink from the barista's hand. So much for a good first impression. And where was his nameplate anyway? He was ready to write a full page feedback for having such a cute guy spell his name wrong.

 

 

A/N: Honestly, who could actually misspell Junghan’s name? Really?? But at least Cafe SVT’s filled with cute guys. I’d actually just keep going there even if Joshua misspells my name. He could misspell it a thousand times and I wouldn’t mind lol~ This is pretty much Junghan’s side of the story so the next chapter will be *drum rolls* Joshua’s POV! I was only planning to make this a two-shot but I kind of changed my mind now and I’ll be adding more chapters + more characters & their stories~ Yay! I hope you guys liked this. I’m honestly really nervous right now with the feedback…. ;__; *goes back to writing*

 

 

tumblr_nq4qvt57eb1s3kiy0o1_250.giftumblr_nq4qvt57eb1s3kiy0o4_250.gif