_01

My Cold Step-brother

 

Seohyun's POV.

 This is so tiring!!!

 Can you imagine? I'm carrying this heavy luggage for more than one hour. Umma didn't even help me at all.

 "Umma. Where are we really going?" I asked her but seems like she's so happy that she didn't even heard me.
 
 I pouted my lips and sulk silently. I can't cut her happiness since it's so rare for her to show it. Since Appa died, my Umma didn't even care about anything at all. She just went for night-club to work but I know that she wanted to get away from her life.

 My head knocked something and that's when I found our selves standing in front of the big gates. Wait! Why is she standing here?
 I didn't ask her yet and I was surprise when the gates opened which let us in. The maids bowed down to my Umma. I bowed back to them since they seem nice.

 "Seohyun." She called and turned herself to me. "Stay here, I'll be back."
 
 I watched her as she went inside the big house or should I say a mansion. I remember back then, when Appa was still alive, we made a dream house and promise to ourselves that will live there forever.

 But seems like forever is not real after all.

 I sat on the small bench in the front yard. The whole design of the house was so fancy and elegant.There's also a small fountain in the garden as I peeked earlier after Umma left me.This house is really for the riches of all the riches.Maybe it will took me years to even make a bathroom like theirs.

 It's almost 30 minutes and Umma didn't came back.Maybe she's talking some things to the owner.Or maybe she's planning to make me a maid here.No way!I'm still young..But at least,this house is really better though.I wouldn't mind.

 "Seohyun."I turned my head to where she called.I saw how sparkly my Umma's eyes are.I hope I can see her those sparks everyday.I smiled softly and that's when I realize that she was not alone.

 Wait!Is she giving me to him?

 I saw them walked closer to me and I saw him clearly.He looks like a bit older than my mother and his really tall.His suit describes him as a business man.He's handsome as well.

 "Umma.What are we really doing here?"I asked quickly after she walked beside me.Her smile seems fishy.Forget it.This two are fishy.

 "Seohyun.This is Max Wu."

 My gaze turned back to the man in front of us.Standing tall and I can't believe that he really does look handsome in closer look.His warm smile met my eyes and I watched him as he extend his hand to me.

 "Hi Seohyun..Nice meeting you.I'm Max Wu or you could just call me Uncle Max."I shook our hands before giving him a small smile.

 "I'm Seohyun Kim.Nice to meet you as well,Mr.Max..I mean,un-uncle Max."Weird.Is he my mother's brother?Or he's just a relative?.

 "Seohyun..I know this is surprising but I need to say this to you.."She heave a sigh and take a small look to Uncle Max."We'll be living here from now on.."

 "Wait!!Are we working here now?But Unma,I like to do part-time works more than being maid."

 The two of them widen their eyes and laughed after realizing what I said.What's wrong with that though?I said the right things,right?

 "Seo,we're not living here for work.We're living here because.."She paused and went to Mr.Max's(still feel like awkward to call him Uncle)side."Because me and your Uncle Max are together now.."

 Did I heard it right?..So that's the reason to call him Uncle..

 But what about Appa?Did she forget about him?..I can't have another Appa.Appa..

 "Seo."Seems like Umma realized my silence and rested her hand on my shoulder.I gave a fake smile and nod my head.I can't break her happiness since she had already been in a great suffering.All I could wish right now is to see her happy.


 
 After taking my luggage inside my new room,I took a little shower.My new room is bigger than our house and it have a big bathroom.The color of my room is clean,baby-blue and the bed is just right for me.

 Appa..This is our dream,right?.A better life?..This??..Appa..Okay,I should stop now.It would be scary if Appa will answer me..I can't deal with that anymore.

 I laid my aching back on the soft and comfortable bed that's been like years since I experienced.The day Appa died,my life slowly fell down and my Umma didn't have a choice but to sell the things that aren't that important according to her.

 
 Since the day is still long,I planned to go out for a small walk in my new neighborhood.It seems like a good idea since I'll be living here from now on.Gosh!!I miss my old house now..

 The stairway is cool and the living is much wider than I thought.The kitchen is so clean and maybe I could cook here sometimes.This house makes me smile.This was just a dream before but now..it's so real to be true.

 "Umma."

 "Oh,Seohyun."

 "I'll be out,I'm taking a small walk just near.I'll be back soon.."I smiled before putting my shoes on."Okay.Be back before dinner."

 
 The neighborhood was good as well.The people here are nice and even caring.They greeted me and didn't even ask further question except my name.The streets are not busy and the kids can freely walk alone.There's also a small convenient store near the house so it can be easy for me to buy the basic things I need.It's a quiet atmosphere here as well.

 After passing a few blocks,I arrived at the small park and I realized that it's almost sunset.Should I watch the sunset?Yes.It'll be a great idea.

 I found a small swing and sat there while clutching myself tightly.The wind is more colder than before.The sun is almost down.Its so beautiful as the sun collides with the small mountain.

 Ring..Ring..

 "Oh!"I picked my phone from my pocket and found that my Umma is calling already."Yes,umma?"

 "Seohyun-ah,come home already.It's near dinner time."

 "Okay.I'll be there in a few minutes."


 At last,I'm already near our so-called new house.It's getting dark and the wind is getting more colder.It so nice to hear the breeze and the silence.I can't help but to smile until a loud horn made me jump in my spot.

 Like who the hell?!..

 I turned around and found a black Mercedes car.I glared the the driver's side which makes me a fool.Of course,I would be a fool since I can't even see who's driving.If he's a he or she's a she.I didn't want to argue today so I stepped aside and it totally surprised me when the driver almost hit me.

 Geez..-_-.I should go home now before I die here alone.


 "I'm home."I called as soon as I placed my shoes on the shoes rack.Wow!There's a lot of woman's shoes here.Maybe Mr.Max,I mean Uncle Max brought this for Umma.Yeah..There'll be not doubt for that.


 I started to walk to the kitchen which I assume that the two of them are there.And as I assume,they're sitting side by side.Smiling to each other and I don't feel like breaking this sweet moment for Umma.My smile fell down when someone bumped my shoulder and it seems like it's not an accident.

 Puffing my cheeks,I turned to my left and found a guy.He's more like the same age as me and he's handsome as well.Taller than me but not so tall.And have those cold eyes like I was the one who bumped onto him.

 "Who's this?"He spatted and pointed to me like I was no one.How rude..

 "Oh.Luhan..Glad you're here."Uncle Max stood up and smiled softly at us."She's Seohyun..Your new sister."

 Wait!!So he have a son..So from now on..I'll have a step-brother?..Great.

 

A/n
New update!!I think it's kinda long..I hope you like it!!Please subscribe and comment or even upvote.:)