come, rest your head on my tattooed heart

come, rest your head on my tattooed heart

::

"I think you couldn't look nerdy if you tried, Min, not with that hair and tattoo," there's an amused little smirk on Henry's face as he says this, lying comfortably on his best friend's favorite pink bunny as his eyes trail the frantic pacing form of the other man.
 
"Those were a drunken mistake, and you know it," Sungmin whines and flops onto Henry like a dying fish. He holds up 2 fingers into the redhead's face and pouts pathetically, "2 more days till I move, help me think of something, you lousy excuse of a best friend!" He rolls over by himself and lands face down, muttering a soft ow. 
 
Henry honestly worries for the blonde's sanity (maybe the hair dye got to his head?); Sungmin's Sungmin, that hot, talented guy everyone in his school wants to date, guys included. He's practically the king of the school, and he doubts his new school will be any different. Instead of embracing his popularity, his best friend has clearly gone insane and wants to stop being popular, and in his words, "concentrate on my studies". Not that someone with his looks and body can not be popular in any universe anyway. 
 
Insane or not, Henry's not Henry if he doesn't take advantage of the situation. He kicks the older man off his own bed and grins a little wickedly down at him, "Tell you what Min, I'll bet you the guitar you always wanted that you won't last a day at school acting as a nerd. If I win, you'll give me your cousin Ryeowook's phone number and I can do whatever I want to your hair. How about that?" 
 
Sungmin eyes him suspiciously but Henry knows he can't resist the guitar offer, and just raises an eyebrow smugly. The blonde alternates between sighing and muttering angrily for a few seconds, before he finally stretches out his hand to seal the deal. 
 
Hook, line and sinker. Time to text someone. 
 
:;
 
Sungmin adjusts the glasses on his face nervously, and tries to centre part his newly dyed black locks like he sees nerds in the movies do. Only his hair's so unruly he gives up manhandling it and lets it run messily over his forehead. He had purposely gotten it dyed from the eye catching blonde to a more normal looking colour a day ago, and went shopping to stock up on button ups and khaki pants, the plainest clothes he could think of. He looks at himself critically in the mirror, smoothing down the creases in his khaki rolled up at his ankles and wondering if his shirt looks a little too tight at the front or that the tattoo circling his bicep might show.
 
"You look fine, now can we go?" Ryeowook grumbles impatiently from where he's sitting, his tiny stature dwarfed by the giant beanbag. He runs a hand through his bright red hair, "Though I still can't understand why you're doing this, but whatever let's go." Sungmin lets the smaller man drag him all the way to his car parked out front and gets unceremoniously pushed into the driver's seat. He mutters nasty things about the redhead, and gets a hard shove in return to start driving.
 
He's too busy trying to shove Ryeowook's head out of the window and drive straight at the same time to remember his initial anxieties by the time he pulls up at his new school with a screech. For a moment, he forgets he's supposed to be the nerdiest person that could exist, and steps out of his car laughing wildly at his cousin's horribly windblown hair and tousles his own in habit. It's not till he falls into step with Ryeowook that he gets reminded of his role. 
 
He curses wildly under his breath and tugs down his sleeve to cover his tattoo, and adjusts his posture, hunching slightly and eyes downcast. He tries walking a little awkwardly but gives up at the discomfort, focusing on keeping his eyes down. He hears giggles and intakes of breath as he passes, and prays hard that it's because of who he's walking next to.
 
Ryeowook leans over to whisper a little too happily, not looking half upset about having to give up his number to a complete stranger, "Guess who's going to lose the bet." His eyes snap up immediately, and promptly flushes red at the amount of eyes on him.
 
Wook ditches him in the hallway to his second class which they share, and Sungmin makes his way alone to the classroom, hoping that no one has the guts to approach him for a number or date. Losing the bet actually isn't that much of a deal, but dang did he want that guitar and to wipe that smug look of his best friend's face. He tries to get into the classroom unseen, and nearly succeeds if not for the devil's incarnate he's unfortunately related to screaming his name at the top of his lungs. He feels gazes on him as he slinks embarrassedly to a seat somewhere in the middle and incidentally makes eye contact with someone along his row. 
 
Hot and taken, his brain glumly tells him as he registers another tall, skinny man holding on to mystery guy - he's decided to call him - rather intimately. He slumps down in his seat dejectedly, but can't stop his eyes from traveling over mystery guy's head of tousled brown curls, the angular jawline he only wished he had and his lean and lanky frame. His perfect 10, except for the very significant fact that he's not available. 
 
Luckily - or unluckily for him, mystery guy's in nearly all of his classes, except for lunch, and Sungmin contents himself with sneaking glances and once in calculus, a brief smile. He briefly wonders if mystery guy is staring at him too when they make eye contact more than a few times, but then thinks that he probably imagined it. He nearly forgets about the bet too, until Ryeowook appears out of nowhere to ambush him at his locker, accompanied by Yesung, a friend of Wook's that he met over lunch. 
 
"So how was it? Have you lost?" 
 
His cousin sounds perfectly casual, but years of being friends with the devil has him hearing the gleeful undertone at him potentially losing all of his hair, knowing Henry's sadistic tendencies. 
 
"Fortunately for my hair, no," Sungmin replies dryly, reaching up to pat his locks affectionately as his phone pings with a message from said sadist. 
Lost yet? it reads, and he could just imagine the gleeful and smug smile his best friend has plasted on his face. He sticks out his tongue playfully as he types back, nope, one more period and the guitar's mine. 
 
Don't be too sure about that, Henry writes back with a smirking emoji and he has a sinking feeling that the redhead still has something sneaky up his sleeve.
 
It's not long till the last bell rings, and Sungmin feels his lips curve up into an involuntary smile. He resists the urge to fist pump the air and practically races the rest of the way to his car, itching to get his fingers on the smooth strings of the pink guitar he's been admiring for months now. In his glee, he doesn't notice the lean form leaning against his car and gets the shock of his life when a low, rich chuckle sounds from somewhere above him.
 
He looks up into two very amused eyes, belonging to none other than his mystery guy. Up close, Sungmin thinks, mystery guy's (Kyuhyun, he introduces himself as) not as good looking as he originally thought, with acne scars marring his otherwise smooth face and an slightly awkward air. But his voice is a whole other matter, smooth and deep and velvety, and he really just wants to hear that voice all day and night. 
 
"Uh, will you go out with me tomorrow to the movies?" Kyuhyun looks at him from below his lashes, and Sungmin's body reacts before his brain catches up, blurting out a very enthusiastic yes. The other man breaks out in a radiant smile and something in Sungmin's heart starts tingling, and he almost doesn't even care that he just lost the bet with Henry. 
 
(Almost, because he can already imagine what Henry will do with his precious hair.) 
 
:;
 
"How does my hair look? Tell me honestly, Kyu. How bad is the damage?" 
 
"Uh, would this be a bad time to tell you that I knew about the bet in the first place? And that Henry's my childhood friend?" 
 
"..."
 
"Min, you're scaring me, can you put down your nunchucks first? Let's talk it out okay, no need to be violent," 
 
"I'm going to give you three seconds to run, boyfriend." 
 
::
 
fin
 
 
A/N: for the record, I'm imagining don't don era sungmin for his punishment hairdo hehe and please leave comments and subs if you like this! I wrote this in like a couple hours and it's just a silly little drabble that the plot bunny dropped on me so it's awfully short HAHA but don't worry bc there's a longer one coming right up! much love, xoxo.