Like a Budding Flower

In My Dreams

"Thank you for walking me back to my dormitory. I didn't know a piece of paper could hurt an ankle, but I guess I'm just that clumsy," Taehyung chuckled while I supported his injured side.

"The paper you slipped on... was mine," I confessed with overflowing regret.

"It's okay, Yoongi. I'm not mad at you," he grinned. "We all miss the garbage now and then. I remember one time my best friend... this is a funny story... so he and I saw a spider and he was like 'I got it!' and he grabbed a tissue. He grabbed the spider and he threw it at the garbage as quick as he could! He missed, but then the spider came out and grew like to a million feet and chased after us!"

"Oh , did it bite you?" I chuckled as I finally began to figure out how this guy's mind worked.

"It almost did! We were lucky to get away. From that day, we swore to step on the spider first, then get the tissue!"

"That's a better idea," I nodded. 

"Yoongi, do you have a best friend too? If you don't, then we can be best friends!" he grinned eagerly.

"I think I will have to think about that offer, Taehyung. We did just meet after all and you got an injury because of--"

"Sh sh sh. It's okay. We can have a playdate after classes tomorrow. You seem like the basketball type. Meet me at the courts at 5pm, okay?" I nodded at his request. "Perfect, well I better get inside and rest so we can play tomorrow. I'll see you later, Yoongi." He opened his door. I spotted another male on the bed closest to the door who peered up at me with a smile, then waved. I waved back a little while a small smile rested on my lips. Taehyun grinned excitedly as he waved goodbye and closed the door. I nodded and began to walk to my dorm.

The quiet wasn't the same this time. It wasn't as lonely. It felt like there was something budding inside of me like a flower. I played with my keys as the trek across campus felt like it was taking longer than usual, but in a good way. I saw the normal night crawlers-- Namjoon, who I had worked with on a few projects, sitting on a bench writing something, the hoodie kid that took the same path between 11pm and 3am, Hoseok, who I had met a few times in some of my classes, going for his nightly jog, and a few others. It felt like I was actually going somewhere with a purpose now. I actually had a plan. I need to rest, get ready, go to class, then go to the courts-- my second home-- and play with my new friend. My friend, Taehyung.

I entered the building and climbed the stairs a bit quicker than usual. I exited on my floor and hurriedly made it to my door. I unlocked it and entered with a smile. The small one room dorm that I was supposed to call home for my college career seemed more welcoming than usual. I grabbed some cherries out of my mini fridge and a glass of water, then sat at my desk and ate with content. Everything felt as if... it was full... not empty. As I finished my "dinner," I flicked the light switch, then remembered that my room light had been out for three weeks and I didn't have the mind to change it until now. I grabbed my tool box and an extra light bulb, then changed it with no problem. As the light illuminated my room, everything was brighter. I noticed my old, dirty bed sheets and exchanged them for the clean ones my mom had sent me two months ago because she knew how I was when I had time off. I was


"Distant. He's that quiet, distant guy in my photography class I told you about," my roommate smiled. "The one that takes really cool photos and works hard, but he doesn't talk to anyone."

"Yoongi wasn't like that with me!" I whined a little. "I think you got the wrong guy, Jimin."

"He and I have class tomorrow. I will take a photo for you. Trust me, it's the same guy," Jimin confidently spoke.

"If you say so, but don't get caught!"

"When have I-- I'll shut up," Jimin chuckled as he remembered all the instances when he and I had gotten in trouble over dumb things we shouldn't have done. "The best one has to be when we got caught for our ice cream."

"I didn't think we would even get the ice cream in the first place," I laughed at the stupid memory of our senior year history class. Jimin and I had just finished our lunch period and we were really craving some ice cream, so we decided to go get some. We snuck off campus and went to the convenience store and got our ice cream. The store clerk asked if we were skipping class because we were in our uniforms and we lied and said nope. We got away with it and walked into our history class with the ice cream. The teacher immediately sent us to the dean's office. We got to finish the ice cream though... that's the most important thing.

"Remember what you said to the dean when he asked why we thought it was a good idea to leave school for ice cream?" Jimin began to crack up.

"'Sir, we really wanted it and we learned that if you want something you must work hard for it, so we worked hard to leave campus and get it... plus this is chocolate and strawberry ice cream! Chocolate and strawberry--'"

"'Is always a great idea!'" Jimin and I recited at the same time by heart.

"We were so stupid," I sighed happily.

"We still are," Jimin laughed.

"Well, I need to get some rest," I clapped as I got comfortable in my bed.

"For your little date with your little Yoongi. Are you two going to do smoochies smoochies under the hoop?" Jimin teased.

"I wouldn't be calling him little. He's taller than you, short stuff."

"HEY! I AM NOT SHORT! I AM--"

"GOOD NIGHT, PARK JIMIN!" I turned off the light and pulled the covers over my head. A pillow hit on the head and I giggled.

"Hmph, got no respect for his Hyung. I see how it is punk. Just you wait... one of these days... oh, Jimin, you're so tall now! I'm so sorry for picking on you," Jimin mumbled as he picked up his pillow.

"Oh, Jimin, you're so loud! You should go to sleep!" I mimicked.

"Butthole," he snapped.

"Doo Doo Berry," I smiled.

"I'm the Doo Doo Berry to your Oodle Poodle Ice Cream. Don't you forget it!"

"I won't. Now go to sleep," I laughed as I turned to face his bed.

"Good night, Mom," he stuck out his tongue as he looked at me. I did the same back.

"Good night, punk," I grinned and fell asleep quickly.