[2/2]

I just want you to know...

 

 

            The Next Morning…

 

            I’m so nervous…

 

            I looked down at the outfit I had chosen for the day, hoping that it was okay for meeting one’s admirer in person for the first time. It took me an hour before I finally decided on what to wear. I’ll admit that I tried on a handful of different things from super classy (or as classy a high schooler can get) to downright slob (Why slob? Because I had a brief thought that the person should see the worst of me along with the best!) But then I thought of what Sungjong would do to me and that scared me into dressing nicely.

 

            In the end, I picked a pair of skin tight black jeans (My as well show off a little bit, right?) and a graphic t-shirt that fit rather loosely. If I moved around too much, it would slip off my shoulder (Need to be a little teasing right?). Yep, I even did my hair because of the fact I just couldn’t stop moving this morning. (It was still messy… but in a fashionable way!)

 

            I opened up the camera on my phone and switched it so that it was front facing before lifting it up level to my face. The reason? I went with Sungjong’s recommendation and added a bit of eyeliner around my already ‘striking eyes’ (As my secret admirer once wrote).

 

            Did I go overboard? Probably… But how could I not!? This is the first time I’ve ever done something like this. It wasn’t even my idea in the first place!

 

            Stupid Sungjong….

 

            Sighing, I braced myself to enter the school with a few other students who were milling around.  

 

            (Yeah… I’ve been standing outside for at least 20 minutes…)

 

            I made the slow trek toward my class and when I reached the closed door, I was already shaking like a leaf. What if there isn’t a response to my note from yesterday? What do I do then? That would be a sign of rejection, right? (“AHH!” ßInternal screaming.)

 

            Finally gaining the courage with a few deep breaths I pushed through the door and was surprised when I wasn’t greeted with the usually sight of Sungjong. Where could he be? It wasn’t like him to be late or to skip classes. He always thought that was an easy way out and he would have to be dying before he missed a class.

 

            “Huh…”

 

            Ignoring the fact that my best friend wasn’t here for moral support, I walked over to my seat and hung my bag on the back of my chair. I kept my attention away from the corner of my desk (Even though I could clearly see the yellow post-it, I just ignored what was written on it) until one of my friends, either Sungjong or Hoya, showed up so I would have a shoulder to cry on if needed.

 

            I sat in silence as people slowly made their way in but Hoya and Sungjong never made an appearance… When the bell rang for first period to start I couldn’t keep myself from looking at the post-it anymore. I couldn’t wait for them anymore… They could possibly be sick (Unlikely, mostly because Sungjong hasn’t texted me complaining about it) and I needed to know if I was going to be heading to the roof later today or not…

 

            “I can do this…” I whispered to myself, inching my hand forward I grabbed the note and pulled it off. My eyes never left the teacher as I brought it toward me. She had already begun the lesson and I didn’t want to get in trouble.

 

            Bracing myself, I looked down and read the messy scrawl.

 

            ‘I will meet you then.’

 

            Oh.

 

            My.

 

            Gosh.

 

            HE. SAID. YES!

 

            Sungjong was right when he said that the guy would agree.

 

            I can feel my heart doing flips in my chest and my stomach felt like it was going to explode from the butterflies trying to escape.

 

            AH.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

            “Sungjong, where are you? I need you to be here. Right now. He said yes! You would know if you had shown up for class! Gosh. AND why won’t you answer your phone? That is what you have it for! Answer the thing when I call you!” I growled into the phone before hitting the end button.

 

            It was almost time for the meeting on the roof, Sungjong and Hoya are still missing. Woohyun wasn’t in his usual place with Sunggyu either so I had no one to flip out with. These horrible friends of mine will never hear the end of this. Never ever. I’m always there for them when they need me but they’re not here now. Ugh. Stupid people. I’ll never speak to them again. Nope. Even if they beg.

 

            I was standing outside the door that led to the rooftop. I was waiting until no one was around until I made my move. (Mostly because we’re not supposed to go up to the roof.) It was strictly forbidden to enter and there was even a sign that read ‘do not enter’ that no one ever listened to. Why should we? It’s not like they lock the door.

 

             “Okay. I can do this. No problem what so ever.” I walked through the door and the first thing that I saw was that the stairs were covered in what looked like… Rose petals? Holy cow. They WERE roses. Those things were expensive, right?

 

            I followed the trail as it led up the stairs with a pounding heart. What was I about to enter into? Some romance movie? I never thought my life would turn out like this…

 

            I reached the next door at the top of the stairs that led outside and taped to the door was yellow piece of paper. Written on it was the same messy handwriting from the post-it’s reading ‘You’ve arrived, beautiful’.

 

            “Hello?” It was the only thing I could think to say as I exited onto the roof and walked forward till I was standing in the center, looking to both sides of me.

 

            Have I been tricked…?

 

            “Hey.”

 

            That voice. I KNEW that voice. I whipped around so fast that I would have fallen if it weren’t for the hands at my waist that kept me steady. Looking down, I was staring into the eyes of a guy who I hadn’t seen for years…

 

            “MYUNGSOO!?”

 

            “Hey there, darling.”

 

            “You… YOU were the one that was writing those notes? Wait. How are you even here? I thought you moved! When did you get back!?” In my barrage of words I came to a realization and so I threw a punch at Myungsoo’s shoulder. “HOW DARE YOU NOT TELL ME!?”

 

            “Sorry, sorry!” Myungsoo laughed while trying to calm me down. “I got back about six months ago but didn’t enroll until a few months back.”

 

            “How did I never notice you around school?” I asked. “And do the others know?”

 

            “Yeah… They knew I was back at the time I entered into the country six months ago…”

 

            “WHAT?”
 

            “I told them not to tell you. You reacted rather violently when I told you I was leaving and I wanted to make it up to you. Plus, I had feelings that I needed to convey to you. So I wanted it to be a surprise…” Myungsoo answered honestly. “I didn’t think it would take you so long to try and meet with me so I had to have Sungjong intervene…”

 

            “I thought it was a joke!”

 

            “You thought it was a joke?”

 

            Myungsoo looked puzzled when I nodded. “I don’t have the best track record with people and relationships… I thought it was some kingka looking to break my heart as a joke!”

 

            “I would never do that to you.”

            “I didn’t know it was you!”

 

            “Oh yeah…”

 

            I looked at him and then down at his hands that were still on my hips, his fingers were absentmindedly rubbing circles on my hipbones. “So…”

 

            He noticed where I was looking and suddenly released his hold, muttering out an apology. I could see the red creeping up his neck from embarrassment.

 

            “So you have feelings for me?” I continued, kind of sad that he had stopped the calming action.

 

            Myungsoo nodded, he brought a hand up to his neck and rubbed at it nervously. “Yeah… I’ve had feelings for you since before I left… I just never told you.”

 

            I gave him a strange look. “You had a girlfriend before you left.”

 

            “Yeah but-“

 

            “I confessed to you back then and you rejected me saying you were straight!” I said disapprovingly. I didn’t really remember that day but the more we talk, the more memories seemed to come out. “And now you are saying that you liked me?”

 

            Myungsoo looked guilty. “The girlfriend was a front so my parents wouldn’t find out about my preferences… Turns out they are pretty chill with me being into dudes… Mom even smacked me when I told her the whole story. She even screamed at me: ‘How dare you break that sweet boy’s heart!’ Dad gave me that disapproving dad look too.”

 

            “Your parents did always love me…” I couldn’t help but smile when he told me how his parents reacted. They were okay with it. Seemed to encourage it even.

 

            “Do you think you could forgive me for what I did back when I was a complete idiot?” Myungsoo asked, his hand reaching out so that he could thread our fingers together.

 

            “I think I could…” I replied truthfully.

 

            Myungsoo was smiling now as he asked his next question. “Would you like to be my boyfriend, Lee Sungyeol?”

 

            I grinned, my free hand reached out to grab hold of his other hand. I began to swing them together while biting my lip. “I think I would really like that.”

 

            The smile on my now boyfriend’s lips was blinding. He leaned forward and pressed our lips together gently. I could feel those fireworks go off as my eyes slipped closed. It really did feel like one of those cliché romance movies right now and I was perfectly okay with that if I could keep kissing him like this forever.

 

            “If you break my heart, I will end you.” I warned.

 

            Myungsoo laughed. “Trust me, I’ve already been warned-“

 

            “You bet you’ve been warned!”

 

            I looked around Myungsoo to see all of our friends, plus Hoya’s own boyfriend Dongwoo, grinning at the scene.

 

            “I can’t believe all of you were in on this!” I chided them with a grin. I wasn’t really angry, they did help after all.

 

            Myungsoo wrapped an arm around my waist and tugged me closer to him. “They did a pretty fantastic job though.”

 

            Sungjong grinned. “We just wanted to give you a happily ever after like in all of the romance movies, hyung!”

 

            And I must say, they did indeed give me a cliché happily ever after like in all the sappy romance movies.

 

***And here is part 2 (Also the final)! Thank you so much for those who subscribed and commented, it means a lot! I want to apologize for how long it took :/ Leave your thoughts in the comment section??? Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH! Till next time! (If you're interested, check out my other stories~ ^^)***