All Yours

All Yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Two things happened on Christmas day. My boyfriend texted me, “Merry Xmas.” Xmas. Couldn’t even type out Christmas. So personal. Love you too, boyfriend.

 

And it snowed that evening. I guess this was the sky’s way of comforting me.

 

On my way back from the store, I stopped in front of my apartment building and looked at the multi-coloured decorations that hung from the windows of some apartments. Christmas lights shone from the others. I hadn’t put up decorations on my apartment. It didn’t seem to make sense to go through all that.

 

Shoving my hands into the pockets of my jacket, I found myself looking up at the sky. Tiny flakes dropped onto my cheeks and lips. I stood there as I watched the snow slowly descend. If people look out through their windows, they might think I’m crazy.

 

A heavy feeling settled in my chest as I forced myself to stop the tears threatening to pour out of my eyes. It’s been a week since I’ve last seen him. I didn’t think much of our argument that day because I didn’t think it was a big deal. But I guess he did. My boyfriend hasn’t contacted me since then.

 

Since my parents’ accident, I spent Christmas alone for the past six years, and I thought that that would change at least this year. A different kind of dampness covered my cheeks, mingling with the misty snow, and I sighed. Looking down at the silver band on my ring finger, I sighed. Merry Christmas, Jiyong.

 

 

I unlocked my apartment door and stepped inside, not bothering to turn on the lights. My cat Dadoong waltzed over to me and started tugging on my jeans. He followed me as I walked over to the living room to fill his food container. I began petting his head as he slurped down his food.

 

Heading towards my dark living room, I let my cat have his meal peacefully. Sitting on my cold sofa in the cold weather makes me feel lonelier than usual. My eyes begin to feel warm as my tears are threatened to roll down again. I inhale a good amount of air, telling myself that it’s not going to change anything if I keep on crying.

 

Soon enough, I heard Dadoong’s voice as he climbed onto the sofa and rested himself next to me.

 

“Well, at least I have you, right?” I whispered.

 

Removing my jacket, I made my way to my bedroom and hung the piece of clothing behind the door. Digging the back of my shirt, I lazily unhooked my bra and took it off, leaving me with only a piece of a tank top.

 

“Ah, that feels nice,” I said, enjoying the feeling of letting my s breathe properly.

 

ping my jeans, I walked towards the window, and I could see the street was getting empty–everyone was probably spending the night with their loved ones.

 

And then there’s me.... Sigh.

 

I was about to remove my jeans when I heard a very familiar voice, “Hi babe.”

 

“Jiyong?” It just came out from my mouth–my hand only reached for the light switch after that.

 

 

It was really him. Kwon Jiyong, my boyfriend, was lying on my bed.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

“It’s Christmas,” he simply answered–his voice was loud enough for me to hear. “How can I let my girl spend the day all alone, hmm?”

 

Did I say that we had an argument before? Yeah, I think I did.

 

“How did you get in, Ji?”

 

“Your window wasn’t locked...”

 

I don’t know if he was being serious or not, but it was no longer my concern.

 

His eyes were on me sharply, and I could see his tiny smile carved on his lips. “You’re freezing...” He noticed my condition–his eyes had been on my.... perky twins for quite some time. “Come on here.”

 

“What are you trying to do, Jiyong?” I was now

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter