Chapter Five

Bound to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Revenge...Money...Daehyun sat in the tavern they had reached after three days of traveling, turning those two words over in his mind. Those were the last words Hana had spoken to him before her death, and they bothered him more than ever now. When she had died, his first impulse was to go after Youngjae, and that had been what had begun this hunt. Studying the young thief, he knew that something was off. The more he turned the words over, the less they added up to Youngjae. It didn't make sense. Who would have gained money and revenge from killing Hana? What had she done to anyone? Frowning, he stared at the knife in his hand. Could it be possible that he had done something to anger someone enough to want to hurt her? Turning his attention away from Youngjae, he glanced at Yongguk. He had mentioned something about needing his help, but wasn't using his tracking skills. What else could the man need him for? Why would he tell Daehyun that he needed to track the officers if he was meeting with them instead? On top of that, what the hell would he need the gem for, in the first place, especially if it was so powerful? All of this was suspicious, but Daehyun knew that he needed to be careful and do his investigations quietly, playing along with everything else.

 

 

He ducked his head when he noticed Youngjae turn his attention to him, cursing quietly when the young man began walking over to him. "Hi. Since you walked all the way over here, have a seat!"

 

 

Youngjae smiled at him tentatively, holding out a roll that was stuffed with white cream and topped with some kind of fruit. "These are really good. I figured you might want one."

 

 

Daehyun smiled back at him, noticing that that he still seemed unsure around him. Motioning toward the chair next to him, he repeated himself. "Have a seat. Thank you for the um...whatever that is. It looks good, and I don't usually say no to food, especially sweets."

 

 

Youngjae laughed softly, sitting down. He looked excited and Daehyun almost laughed at how bright his eyes were. "It's pastry filled with cheesecake, topped with..." he inspected the red fruit, nodding. "Strawberries, I think."

 

 

Daehyun felt his mouth watering at the mention of anything cheesecake. "It's been a long time since I've had cheesecake. It looks amazing. Thank you, Youngjae. So, tell me about yourself. I guess you can't be so bad, if you bring me cheesecake. That's my first love, you know?"

 

 

Youngjae beamed at him, Daehyun noticing for the first time that he had dimples. "I remember that, from the last time I saw you...before this all happened, that is." He shook his head. "Not to sound creepy or anything. I just noticed you a long time ago...But anyway. There's not much to tell. I was born and raised in the same town that I have lived in my entire life, but my parents died when I was young, so I learned how to support myself...with other people's things. Fortunately, that's why Yongguk has kept me around."

 

 

Daehyun frowned, nodding, smiling as he took a bite of the cheesecake. It tasted wonderful. "Yeah. Because you're useful to him. That's the only reason he keep anyone around, isn't it? So, is he planning on utilizing you skills to get this gem he needs? Do you know why he needs it so badly?"

 

 

Youngjae thought about it, his expression changing from cheerful to thoughtful. "Bang...I mean, Yongguk, is good at using others to get what he wants. That was what he told me when he found out that I'm a master thief. He said he could use my skills, and has used them several times. He says that I'm quite the asset."

 

 

Daehyun laughed, nodding. "Well, you're definitely the ...but maybe not as much as I thought befo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter