Chapter Three

Bound to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They started out, aiming to get to the nearest town by that night. Youngjae stayed close to Jongup and Junhong the entire time, but Daehyun found his eyes frequently straying to the younger man. He wanted to believe that he hadn't killed Hana, but Youngjae had been so angry the last time he had seen her and that conclusion fit with everything he had heard about him. He was certainly a dishonest man, known for his hot temper and thievery. Hana had never liked him, but Daehyun knew that her reasons had to be justified. He must have done something to her, and Daehyun was determined to find out what it was.

 

 

Turning his attention back to his horse, he didn't notice that someone had ridden up next to him until the teenager spoke. "You're obviously not a mercenary or assassin, since I could have killed you just now without you even noticing that I was here. Maybe your blindness to your situation with Youngjae is bleeding into your brain," Junhong smiled at him, earning a half-hearted smile from Daehyun. He was just a kid, so he wasn't worth any irritation over a silly joke.

 

 

"Well, if it wasn't for this geas that Yongguk put on us, Youngjae would be dead now. He's a murderer, and needs to pay for it," Daehyun said, glancing at Junhong.

 

 

Junhong sighed, shaking his head. "You know, you would benefit from taking your mind off of this murder. We'll try to find out who did it, and if we can't, we'll let the authorities take care of it, right? Some things aren't for us to solve. Sometimes you just have to let it go and move on."

 

 

Daehyun glared at him, the teenager finally getting to him. "So, if this had happened to someone you loved, you would just let the authorities take care of it? What about justice? They could take a while finding the person who did it."

 

 

Junhong stopped his horse, chuckling. "First of all, you aren't the only one here who has lost people and second," he raised an eyebrow at Daehyun, his grin returning. "Did you just hear yourself?"

 

 

Daehyun thought about it for a moment, shaking his head. "I'm not sure what you're getting at, Junhong. Don't play with me."

 

 

Junhong opened his mouth to answer him, when Daehyun heard Youngjae's husky voice answer instead. "You said that they could take a while finding the person who did it," he said, staring at Daehyun with an accusing expression. "Someone would onl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter