Control

Hunger

Chanyeol blinks blearily at the swirling mess of his insides that he had just thrown up into the toilet bowl. He remembers waking up and feeling ill, but he couldn't seem to remember how he managed to get himself to the bathroom. 

There seems to be a wetness sticking to his cheeks. 

Why was he crying?

A knock comes at the door.

"You OK in there?" It was Kyungsoo.

Chanyeol clutches at the rim of the bathroom sink to steady himself onto his feet.

"Y-yea, I--" He begins to say, but a dry heave welling up in the back of his throat prevents him from finishing his sentence. The harder he heaves, the more he feels his heart begin to palpitate, His system wasn't just trying to expel toxins, it was trying to rid his body of something bigger.

"Can I come in?"

The only response Chanyeol can muster is an echoing groan into the lip of the toilet.

Kyungsoo carefully opens the door and closes the door with a click as he tiptoes in, glass of water in hand. He places a light hand on Chanyeol's shoulder.

"You've got to get some fluids in your system"

His voice is remarkably soothing, almost motherly. Chanyeol sits back into his touch and for a moment, his hyperventilating stops.

Kyungsoo presses the cold glass in between Chanyeol's lips. 

"Drink" he urges.

Chanyeol's eyes are squeezed shut in pain."It hurts" He can only muster out  a hoarse whisper. He can't tell Kyungsoo that what he needs now is blood, not water. 

Reluctantly he gulps down from the tilted glass, and when he stops, he hopes that the weak smile he gives convinces Kyungsoo that he's ok.

"YOU GUYS!" comes a yell, accompanied by loud footsteps.

Kyungsoo calmly sets the water down on the counter and flushes the toilet, ignoring the panicked shout outside the bathroom.

"Chanyeol, what did you eat?" He asks but doesn't expect an answer. He grimaces and rips off a toilet paper tissue to wipe the vomit off the corner of Chanyeol's mouth.

Sehun, the other housemate, barges in half dressed looking frazzled. Kyungsoo only quirks an eyebrow and waits for him to start speaking."

"Mr. Snuffles has been stolen!" He's out of breath, probably just running in from outside.

"Stolen? What do you mean stolen?"

"As in, somebody dug up his grave and stole him!"

Chanyeol suddenly feels sick to his stomach again.

"Are you serious?" Kyungsoo's eyes widen with worry. "Who would--" He cuts himself off because because he thinks he knows who did it. He would probably chalk it up to the sasaeng fans who seemed crazy enough to do just about anything.

"Well don't you think we should file a police report?" Sehun runs a hair through his uncombed hair and leans against the doorframe.

"For a dead cat? Do you know how ridiculous you sound?"

Chanyeol is drifting in and out of the conversation, Sehun and Kyungsoo's voices blending in with the other. What Chanyeol wanted more than anything was to be left alone. All this talk about their stupid cat was making him...hungry.

"JUST FORGET THE DAMN CAT! IT'S DEAD! GIVE IT A REST ALREADY!"

"C-chanyeol..." Sehun sounds like he's choking.

In the corner of his eye, Chanyeol can see the reflection of a visibly shaken Sehun standing frozen against the wall. There is a hand at his throat.

"Y-you're hurting me" Sehun hisses out.

Finally Chanyeol notices that the hand at Sehun's throat is his own. He feels a hand grip at his wrist.

"Put him down" Kyungsoo says evenly, but the furrow in his brow shows that he's just as scared.

Chanyeol releases his hold on Sehun's neck, and Sehun collapses to the floor gasping for air. Kyungsoo tends to Sehun's red marked throat before turning a glare at Chanyeol. 

Chanyeol can only stare at his hand. One of his fingernails has drawn blood.

"What the hell is wrong with you!" This isn't the calm Kyungsoo, this is the angry Kyungsoo. Although he's shorter than him, he's physically stronger, so when Kyungsoo shoves at Chanyeol's chest, Chanyeol can't help but stumble backwards.

Sehun hugs at Kyungsoo's back to prevent him from going any further. Kyungsoo relents but shoves Sehun away, and without another look at Chanyeol, he exits the bathroom. Sehun looks back at Chanyeol before reluctantly following Kyungsoo downstairs.

Chanyeol is left to stare at is own reflection in the mirror; Nothing has changed. Still the same big ears, still the same hair, and yet Chanyeol can't seem to recognize himself.

Later that night, Chanyeol resolves himself to staying in his room. When Kyungsoo calls for dinner he doesn't come. He's convinced himself that he's not hungry. Chanyeol stares at Sehun's blood underneath his fingernail.

I'm not hungry. I'm not hungry. I'm not hungry. I'm not hungry.I'm not hungry. I'm not hungry. I'm not hungry. I'm not hungry. I'm---

Chanyeol puts his finger to his mouth. Maybe just a taste.