understanding my heart

Underground Angels

“I’m going to school mum!” Hoon shouted across the house with a smile plastered on his face. His school uniform was neat, school shoes clean white and hair styled perfectly.

He doesn’t feel close to his family. He just isn’t good with relationships. He tries his best to make his parents happy, giving them fake smiles. It was hisresponsibility as a son, after all. Hoon lives his life alone. He believes it’s his fate, to keep onfighting, to be alone, to kill, and to see blood. Hoon doesn’t feel hurt though. He had turned quite numb to feelings.

He got a “take care” in response and he walked out of his house. Immediately after he left, his smile faded as he sensed danger, someone following him. It was weird though, people do not walk up to Hoon alone. The gangs know better than to fight Hoon one-on-one, unless they’re mad or that they just wanted to die. It was impossible to beat him. Hoon felt greatly disturbed by the powerful presence and decided to ignore it as he walked faster.

By the time he stepped into school, the presence was already gone. Hoon felt relieved. The person or thing that followed him was definitely not a joke. To make sure, he turned around, only to find those last minute students rushing to class, afraid of being nagged at by the disciplinary master and also pigeons by the windows.

Hoon decided to skip the first class, Physical Education. He already had enough of that every day. He headed to the rooftop to ponder over what happened previously. He opened the door leading to the rooftop and the wind lightly blew at his face, messing up his hair a little, also causing his eyes to flutter a little at the sudden contact. It was cold and lonely, like him. Hoon sighed another time before settling down, back leaning against a wall.

He closed his eyes for a brief moment, singing a song he recently heard. He doesn’t believe in love, but it was a love ballad. In another moment, he felt the same presence again, he darted his eyes open, only to find white pigeons flying in the sky, almost camouflaging with the fluffy clouds. Though, he was sure he felt the same presence. Hoon felt anxious. This was a serious problem. He was scared, a bit afraid. He could feel that this was becoming dangerous. He didn’t have the confidence to face the stalker.

Hoon backtracked a little. No, it couldn’t be revenge. He would make sure everyone was dead and that there were no signs of life before leaving the scene. No, it couldn’t be anyone from his school. He knew he was the strongest among them and if it was someone from school, the student would have attacked him long ago. Why only now? Hoon was in a total lost.

A white pigeon flew next to Hoon and pecked lightly at his hand. He glanced at the bird and found a piece of paper tied to its claws. He slowly, carefully, took it out, trying not to hurting the bird. It was suspicious. But he read it anyway.

“I won’t hurt you.

-TEEHEE! =)”

Hoon stared blankly at the piece of paper. His mind went blank. It was as if the person, or thing, could read his mind, knowing that he felt threatened. Freaky, it was scary. Hoon never felt like this before. He panicked and ran back into class for the next lesson.