Days Continuous

Thunder at Hearts (Eunhyuk and Gyuri)

"A slap on the face....," Eunhyuk suddenly remembered what he have heard the night before. It was when he's on the way to locker room, passing the alley where the Burning's Air office located.

A word.... no, two words were being talked, making him motionless in a moment.

~~~#~~~

That night inside the office, two men were talking. And although the conversation was in low intonation, quiet surroundings made it possible to be heard.

"It's true! I saw it by myself! Gyuri’s meeting Kyuhyun in the Velvet Café!"

"Sshhh…. Down your voice, Chansung-ah! Are you sure? Once you forgot wearing your glasses..."

"It’s not a joke Jung Min-shi. As you know, I’m in charge the security stuffs here….that's why I soonest inform you this! She's your sister....so I---"

"Yeah, I know that!” Jung Min sighed, " I hope what she's done is not a slap on our face. I must to talk to her....."

 

Outside the office….disbelieved Eunhyuk, in hush....upset....tousled, chilling feel streamed from his hands to his entire body.

~~~#~~~

In his dream that night, Eunhyuk were talking with a girl. Both’re holding hands and walking down on a purple bridge. Her face's blurry but it can't stop him for a feeling warm, comfort & relieved when he’s with her. Butterfly in his stomach.....they're both smiling....happily...

He woke up in hustled.....uncertain who she was.

Day 13
Gyuri has just finished her 2nd lap and was about started the 3rd that afternoon when 'through her ear set, she heard a bustle in Burning's Air paddock. A name was mentioned and she's quickly ended her practice, back to the paddock.

 

"Tsk tssk.... it's ok guys! It's only a tiny cut.... a shame it couldn’t make a nice one scar on me…," Eunhyuk in his gummy smile.

He held his left arm, after being bandage by an emergency staff who said, "It's temporary Eunhyuk-shi. Your arm still needs to get some stitches right away. A delay will make it worse."

Again he smiled dorky, "Yes Ma'am, ok. I--- ”

His words intersticed by Gyuri who came in rush, "Wots happened…..!?” Her eyes aimed to Eunhyuk. “…....your arm...??"

Gyuri’s worry eyes surprising Eunhyuk, also her brother, Jung Min.

 

It was Donghae who responded, "It's just an accident, Gyuri-shi. Commonly happens to careless people… ." He with a smirk over his face, really enjoyed the situation.

"Don't worry....ehmm all, Eunhyuk-shi's going to have those stitches in clinic about now!" Nicole added.

Jung Min still on thought, her sister’s thinking about readiness the race cars because of Eunhyuk’s injury, or something other than that…..

 

Day 14
The sun’s almost sinking when Eunhyuk and Gyuri met in the garage, where the cars were being set for another practice.

 

When she sailed in, her eyes promptly lead to Eunhyuk's left arm.

Noticed this, he regaled her, "Don't worry, Gyuri-shi. My arm's almost painless....." He smiled.

A bashful goddess there was and to cover it, she snapped, "Who says I'm worry? Don't praise your self that high Hyukk-shi. How’re our LFs’?"

With his facetious smile, Eunhyuk answered, " Well, yours and you brother's car are ready.” He then lowered his voice, “Ehm.…Gyuri-shi, don't think too much about anything but the race, ok? Just concentrate on your driving. These LFs’re ready. They’re really fast and agile for some actions. …ngg….and let me know if you or, your brother…need another modif."

“Gamsahamnida Hyukk-shi....,” speechless Gyuri, felt uncertainty about saying something to him. But Eunhyuk already shifted out of the garage.

 

Day 15
In paddock that morning, Gyuri opened the LF2's door and entered it in quite haste.

Eunhyuk walked towards her, standing beside the car as she adjusted the seat belt.

He said, “May you win the battle...... above all that, hope The Almighty bless upon you.”

"I thought cheering is not your job?" Gyuri switched on the car's engine.

"Additional work doesn't give me a burden," he then took three steps back, "Concern about you is more priceless..."

"...whatt??? I can't hear you!" Gyuri shouted at him (because his voice's covered by the engine sound).

 

"It's nothing! Just have a fastest lap, 'k Nemesis!!" he shouted back at her.

She smiled as a response, put on the helmet and whispered, "Ahh that guy...why he keep doin that? But yeah, sure his modif on this LF2'll show her speed today, won't you my dear?"

She then pressed harder on the accelerator, expanding the LF2 speed....faster...... the Nemesis was flying.....

 

Gyuri had a dream that night, settling at porch with a man. They're sitting on a rattan sofa, attached to each other. Her head leaned down onto his shoulder.... Despite his indistinct face, she can feel almost an endless happiness only 'cause of just being with him...the fragrance of blossom flowers in the air....feeling completely safe and sound....

Then she noticed a girl walked up to them, her fuchsia orchid patterned dress's swaying slow by the wind and her steps. The girl’s calling out the man’s name beside her.

Gyuri suddenly woke up, her heart raced ....regretting that girl presence.

 

Day 16
Closed to mid-day when Eunhyuk was passing by the Burning Air’s lobby. He saw at far near the front gate, Gyul was talking with a slender guy in an intimate sphere.

“He looks like…..Kyuhyun?” he thought.

 

He walked to one of the Burning Air’s staff for a confirmation. She had not answered yet, napstered by Jung Min, “Oho....he’s Kyuhyun. They also met last night. It’s ok, just talking about past I think. You’d must remember….they’re once dating, rite? Hey, do you think they’ll start it all over again? Ahh, I just hope they won’t. Aiisshh…” He shook his head and left.

Eunhyuk was silent. His face turned to pale….

 

Sundance Bar, 10.56 p.m.

“Guys, please…..leave her alone,” Eunhyuk firmly talked to a man. “If she doesn’t want to drink with you then don’t force her. Be a gentleman, ‘k.”

The man was grinned, feeling distracted yet gave up by knowing who had been talked to him.

“Oups...sorry, Hyukk-ah. Didn’t notice she’s your friend. Just wanna be polite to a guest…that’s all, ‘Mec. Sorry Ma’am,” the man nodded to the girl and walked off with his two friends.

 

Eunhyuk then strided to the left edge of bar table side, ordered a glass of mocha beer. Later on, he heard a melodic voice over next to him, “May I sit here?” without waiting for any replies, a girl took a seat beside him.

He turned his head to the right, feeling surprised it was the girl who he’d helped seconds before.

 

She continued, “Thanks for what you did. Guys sometimes can’t take -No- for answer. Please let me buy you a drink.”

“Nevermind. They’re friends….but please forgive them, sometimes they can be too friendly,” he smiled.

She exhaled a little, “No-prob my dear...”

She ordered coffee beer then staring at Eunhyuk, making him a bit nervous.

“You don’t remember me, do you?”

“……beg you pardon? I mean, I’ve known you. You’re from Southern Ice’s team….Goo Hara, isn’t it? But, I don---”

“D’ya really really don’t recognize me? Champs street….El Delgado….Saint Angel? Xiah’s team? Ehm…. My hair was short and blonde that time.”

“O.M.O…… That’s why your face kinda familiar!” Eunhyuk smiled widely. "But Xiah always calls you 'D' or Honey, so, I was thinking--- "

"It's from honey-dew...you know...ehm...my hair shape. What a splendour teenage era, huh?” Hara giggled now.

The two kept on chat and laughter, recalling those memories.

“You’re very good at racing back years ago, Hyukk-shi.. You even can beat those aces ; Hero, Changmin….a few times, rite?” Hara sip her coffee beer. “But undeniable, you’re way more hands on machines! Lee Eunhyuk Jae a.k.a The Mechanic….make sure for calling him if you need a modif car!” she winked.

“No….not really, my winning’s just coincidentally luck. And machines…ngg….it’s only a hobby,” Eunhyuk blushed and stammered.

“Ahh, a humble and shy guy too…. You know, I’ve had a cross on you,” Hara giggled.

Eunhyuk’s face became red and more red….

"And now, you all're joining together again. Fiuuhh....what a hard competitor!"

"Well, short of. We have Park Jungmin, Nicole---"

"---and not Kyuhyun-shi. Yep, I knew. You must feeling so excited, eh?"
Afterwards, she made a sheep’s eye to Eunhyuk, “I knew they said you quit racing ‘cause of serious injury & you chose concentrating on machine matters. But……(she closed her head to Eunhyuk’s right ear)…I don’t believe it.”

She smiled and said, “It’s because you don’t want that girl worry too much, eh? Hahahaa... I know it since I never heard any accident upon you….hahahaa…”

“….???....” Eunhyuk blankly glared at Hara.

“Ssshh….it’s secret between us,” she winked. “Well ‘Mec, tonite’s getting late. Catch up to you later, ‘ok. Ta-taa…” Hara flew off, leaving Eunhyuk in bewildered and curiosity.

 

Outside the Sundance Bar…

“So……you’re dating Hara, huh?” Donghae tilted his head towards a girl who’s driving her Lamborghini, out from bar’s parking yard.

“I AM NOT. We just happened to be meeting in there. A bozzo attempted to show a polite attitude towards her. Too polite I think. Whatt….do you upset for picking me up tonite?? Or, ‘cause I met Hara?” Eunhyuk playfully smiled.

Donghae rolled his eyes in answer.

But while Eunhyuk’s driving, Donghae mumbled, “Hope he didn’t do that just to make a girl swimming in jealousy….hmppp..…”

 

About same time, in the bar’s parking yard, someone was standing in dark and talking to another man on his cell-phone.

 

Inside the Burning’s Air office…

“Who was it Jungmin-oppa?”

“Changsung-shi…. He said, Eunhyuk has just met Goo Hara….minutes ago at Sundance Bar. Do you think it’s safe, ‘Sist?”

Gyuri snapped, “Gosh! I thought it’s something worse! You people….this security stuffs….urrghh! Sure it’s safe! I’ve known Eunhyuk-shi for years! He’s a good friend of mine at high school, remember, ‘brother? In fact, he’s one and only my best friend!”

Noticing a look in his brother’s face, she then added, “You can trust him. Period!”

In hustled, she tromped over the office.

Jung Min was in wide opened mouth, shocked to see her sister’s reaction.

 

Day 17
“Ow, Gyuri-shi…you’re humming….”

“Yup. I am happy, Nicole-shi...so excited… The race is in three days! Ohh, can not wait!”

Nicole tilted her head, can feel Gyuri’s not that happy, “Me too, eonni (Gyuri’ve asked Nicole to call her ‘eonni’). Ehh….but…at first I thought you’re happy b‘coz of something else. A guest from Emerald Kingdom yesterday, maybe? Sharing some tips and tricks?” Nicole was hesitant, smiling sheepishly.

“Ahahahaa…you mean Kyuhyun-shi? He’s my friend at senior high school, recently joined the Kingdom. Yeah, he’s famous among gals recently....”

“What a charming man! I also heard….ngg…Jung Min-shi said, you and Kyuhyun-shi …ngg… have a close relationship?”

Gyuri chuckled, “That’s quite true….when we’re teenager.” She’s blushed a little, smiling, recalled what someone has just said last night, “I miss you so much, Gyul…my dear goddess.... Don't you want it to be rewind?"

Yet, her smile instantly vanished as she remember who have just met last night in Sundance Bar.

“Anyway, I tell you Nic, …. a brother doesn’t always knows everything about his sister. And the little thing he has known, is not always the truth,” she winked at Nicole.

“I see. Oow... he must be relieved hearing this,” Nicole murmured.

“What’d you say my dear?”

“Nothing eonni. Just remember I must ask somebody to type these press materials. See ya!”

“See ya! Don’t sweat your self ‘k.”

“Thanks Gyuri-sh….eh eonni…”

 

On the evening… .

“Annyong-asseyo, Kyuhyun-shi? We need to talk.”

“Who’s thi---. Ahh, it’s ‘The Mechanic’ himself on the phone! Long time no see..… How do you do Eunhyuk-shi?”

“Not too different than you, I supposed.”

“Superb! Yesterday I saw you at Burning’s Air paddock. Well, that’s---”

“Can we meet in Velvet? Pronto. I hope you can adjust your time.”

“Hmm…sounds a super-serious matter, eh? Ok, think I can manage that. I’ll be there in 15 minutes.”

“Thanks Kyuhyun-shi,” Eunhyuk hung-up his phone.

 

Sitting in fidgety and anxious, Eunhyuk’s held his time probably over 1.5 hour in Velvet Café and yet, Kyuhyun presence’s still unknown. He tried to call him, over and over….but none of those reached the person.

“What’s happened? Hope nothing’s bad on him…,” he talked to himself.

 

Late that night when Eunhyuk’s about ready to get a sleep, his cell-phone beeped. A message came through, “From 37777 : Eunhyuk-shi, so sorry for our appointment. Have to postpone it. The big boss needed a help at the moment I’m going to turn-on my car. And my cellphone’s battery was dropped. We’ll re-schedule it, ‘ok? Soonest! –Kyuhyun—“.

“Is that so? Ehm…..guess I had to believe him. Thinking positively, Hyukk-ah,” Eunhyuk laid his body on the bed, gazing up to the ceiling.

 

Day 18
“Finally, we can meet, Kyuhyun-shi. After times I reached you.”

“Yes. I’m sorry. Apparently there’re newbies in management of Kingdom’s Racing Team. They couldn’t make a just simple schedule for one racer & other activities. Prince Nickhun already agitated by them. In fact, two of them almost got fired three days ago. Eunhyuk-shi, please accept my apology,” Kyuhyun fretfully smiled.

“Nahh…forget it. I understand you too a new kid here in this tournament and a Prince’s new racer. Sure you’ll need a lot of exertions for having his avowal,” calmly Eunhyuk replied to him.

“Gamsahamnida. Then, let me treat you lunch ‘ok. No….I insists. Please don’t say ‘No’.”

Around thirty minutes later….

“So, Eunhyuk-shi....what would you like to talk?” Kyuhyun’s in an evenly smile.

“Kyuhyun-shi, we haven’t met in what……6 – 7 years? And now, look at you….. Congratulation on your assignment with the Emerald Kingfom. It’s justified what you’ve been dreamed to be a wonderment racer. Despite……that incident… and you got forced leaving the school……,” Eunhyuk sighed.

Kyuhyun was silent, his eyes vacantly stared at nowhere.

He then pointed eyes on Eunhyuk, “Could we just leave out that topic? I prefer we can chat more about our present lives. You know, I’m so proud about my assignment…also, that you join with Burning Air’s team. Are you still with your companion-colleague, Donghae-shi?”

“Yes, we are. One of Donghae’s friend joining us too… Nicole-shi.”

“Is she pretty? Hahaaa….kidding…just kidding.”

......

.......

“So, I’ve heard you met Gyuri-shi….. Ehm, do you both…okay?” a bit choked-up of Eunhyuk, asked to his talking opponent.

“Sure we’re ok. And yes, we’ve met.…..a couple of times. Why?” Kyuhyun intensely gazed at Eunhyuk.

“Sorry. I don’t want to be annoying person or somethin’….please don’t get offended, but you know why….. We’re in the middle of race preparation. Nowadays I feel, she was kinda in rumbled condition. So, I……the team hope, your coming is not lumbered on her. She’s our main racer…,” firmly voice of Eunhyuk, speaking to Kyuhyun.

“Is that really only your concern, hyung? Well, I still can call you ‘hyung’ rite? (Eunhyuk nodded) Or, you have other thoug---”

“”....RRrrrr!”

“Mianhae, hyung. Wait,” Kyuhyun took his cell phone and read its monitor.

.......

The awkward, uneven and heater vibe between them subsided by the beep interruption.

“Well Kyuhyun-shi. It seems like you’re very busy. I also just remember having appointment with Jung Min-shi in 25 minutes. So……”

“Oh sure. It’s Prince Nickhun, ordered me for another tests,” Kyuhyun put his cell phone back to his trousers pocket. He smiled.

“Nice to see you again ..….dongsaeng.”

“Pleasure’s all mine, Eunhyuk-hyung.”

 

Having finished their bill matters, they then walked together out of Velvet Café to the parking yard.

“Good luck on your race.”

“Thank you, hyung. Success to you too.”

“You’re welcome. Just say –hi- if you meet me anywhere. Don’t pretend indifferent, ‘ok dongsaeng?”

Kyuhyun nodded.

“We’ll talk some other time, ‘k?”

Kyuhyun again, nodded.

They both gave their widest smile and wandered to different ways to their cars.

Yet, what Eunhyuk didn’t hear that in his car, Kyuhyun softly spoke, “Sorry I have to lie to you, Eunhyuk-shi. It wasn’t Prince. It’s my phone alarm. Can’t stand it any longer, sitting face to face with you. I realized it before we met. That’s why I set the alarm.” He took a deep breath.

 

That night, hours after the Café moment….at Burning Air’s dorm.

“So…..how’s it? Have you feel lighten now, Eunhyuk-ah?”

“Not even close, Donghae-shi. Not even close…….,” Eunhyuk strolled to his room and slowly closed the door.