The A-Race

Thunder at Hearts (Eunhyuk and Gyuri)

"Wohooo.....this is it, Yesung-shi! Second Round of A-Race! Even though we both have been hosting this race in couple of times, this’ll be a special one….awesome race!"

"YES Shindong-shi! So much excitement…...and the crowds! About 20,000 people here at Arena Atadium…. OMO! Fantastic! They probably can explode this stadium at any seconds! Heyy, how'd you think about the participants of this 2nd round?"

"Yesung-shi, at previous there’re 8 teams....unfortunately, only 4 of them involved in this 2nd round. As we all have known, the 4 teams passed to 2nd round are ; Sounthern Ice with their racers ; 1st racer Kim Hyun Joong and 2nd ‘Sassy Girl' Goo Hara. The Emerald Kingdom with their racers ; the handsome Prince Nickhun and his new racer the 'Devil' Cho Kyuhyun........"

"Correct Shindong-shi! Next,....The Dinamic Duo, their racers are ; Leeteuk ‘the Angel’ and their 2nd racer is the 'Beauty' 'Heechul. And the last was, a raw team --it's their second chance—The Burning Air will count on their racers ; 1st is 'Nemesis' Park Gyuri and 2nd racer is 'the Dashing' Park Jung Min!"

"I'll continue. How in every year, all of the best racing teams of The State's coming here. To compete sportively to be the best of THE BEST! In this Second Round, each racer must compete twice a day......devours 5 times of 20 km lap, on a duel... In randomly chosen, 1 racer of a team will challenge the other racer from other team. "

"Awesome!” Both the hosts, Yesung and Shindong’re lively clapping their hands. “This year competition sure do is a Hell of Race! So, after 1st round the result was as predicted, all of said 8 racers from 4 pre-eminence teams still own the game!"

"Yup, Shingdong-shi! Well….. despite though the other 4 teams could not make it...but audience, lets give them a big applause! Since they've given awesome efforts & high spirit into this race battle...."

Huge claps were flooding from the audiences in stadium.....many of them even gave whistler waves. Nevertheless on the end of race that day, how the glorious competition became a gloomy because of one accident, no one could ever expected.... .

 

"Don't you dare withdrawn yourself out of the race, 'Sist! You have.....you MUST to continue our battle! Don't worry about me, this breaking arm's only a pinch to me... --(Jung Min revealed shouts a minute) Ahh, damn that pigeons! Why the hell they’re playin’ on road at the end of finish lane? Thanks also to understeer! But most important I could beat Hyun Joong’s time…yeahh!!)-- Gyul, don't make any shame of our family and team!" Jung Min's in overflowed.

"Be careful oppa! Just calm down 'ok? Stop shoutin'...you’re in a hospital. About the race I will discuss about it with---"

She got cut by Jung Min's dense high voice, "No! We are the owner of the team. Why need to discuss..... You ought to promise me, continue the race. Have you forgotten to what our parents had told us?"

"Ok....ok. But I do think it's useless. Your car has severely damage. How I can compete then?? The A-Race Council prohibit participants to use same car if she/he must compete on behalf of their other racer team....," Gyuri’s in wondered eyes at her brother, confuse.

Jung Min laughed straightfully, "Hhahahaa....ow..ouch (he patted his right cast-plastered arm)...., "No need to confuse, 'Sist! The problem is solved. Chansung-ah, could you please request Eunhyuk-shi to come in?"

In seconds, Eunhyuk entered the room. He simpered, saying, "It’s fine, Gyuri-shi. We have made another car. Your brother’ve had instructed me."

"But it's based on your prediction, Hyukk-shi…. I wonder, why 'A Psychic' is not your nickname too? Hehee..." Jung Min then glanced at his sister, "You will amaze, Gyul. It's definitely a masterpiece. See it and you'll understand."


By Eunhyuk’s car, the three went in rush, straight to base of Burning Air. They entered the main garage and after Eunhyuk also Chansung gave their finger ids', they shifted into the BA's basement garage. A wide sheet of rayon canvas having parted, showing out a twin of LF1.... It's LF3.

Gyuri opened the car’s door and sat on driver seat. She plug in the key and the engine, activating the accelerator. As the car's in motionless –she held the clutch stick in neutral position and pressed the clutch pedal-- she felt like flying already. A big smile’s cracked on her face and she shouted to other two, "WOW......I'm not imagining, rite? I'm not dreaming either! This car is magic!"

 

Chansung's whistling and Eunhyuk's smiling brightly......both then laughed, relieved that The Nemesis liked the new car.

 

Still inside the LF3, Park Gyuri's sparkling eyes changed into flames, "Yes oppa, 'though I have to race more than two times against the other racers in one day. It's fine.....sure it's equitable."

 

Minutes to dawn at balcony of Burning Air's Base….& three people’re standing side by side.

"Yeah! Thanks to Board of A-Race ‘huh, they give us times....postponed this round…uooo….," Donghae screamed, raising his head and both hands to the air. The other 2 laughed in hearing him. Later on, Donghae sailed off, leaving Eunhyuk and Gyuri alone.

"Silly Donghae, he made it like he's the one who'll do the race."

Gyuri just smiled back at Eunhyuk as a response. She then slightly pointed her eyes to the front.

 

It was a quiet, peaceful sky.... tinges light of dawn and the wind's blowing Gyuri's hair softly.....

"….ngg…..how's your arm?" She broke the silence, her eyes stocked-still on forward.

"It's recovered, gomawoo... It’s only a small slice. ’Bout your brother, I'm sure he’ll also get well soon... ."

"Thanks, Eunhyuk-shi. I hope so,“ she exhaled. “…mm…do you see the sunrise over there? Isn't that very beautiful?"

 

After a moment of silent, he replied, "Indeed. God always creates good things. Beautiful….gorgeous things...." Eunhyuk stared at her incisively, yet in a delicate way.

Noticed being stared at, Gyuri spontaneously bowed her head....blushing..... “

 

Though Eunhyuk can not predict her reaction, he continued, "Gyul-shi. Once I've been told that many years ago when people haven't found words to be written and they want to write a letter, they used to give a small stone to another person. It'll describe how or what they feel towards the person who received the stone. If it has a slippery-sly surface.....it means their feeling is smooth and comfort. But if its surface is coarse or rough......it means they're worried about the person."#

"So, here's one for you. Mianhae.… it’s only a very simple gift and not expensive either." In sheepishly, he put a baby-fist sized of stone onto her right palm.

 

Gyuri looked at a peach color obsidian stone in hers. The stone surface was rough.

Red rose from her cheeks to forehead, she clenched the peach stone and said, "It's beautiful...thank you Eunhyuk-shi. It's more than highest price jewelry in this earth to me." She mentioned the 1st sentence in clearly voice to him, but not the 2nd sentence. She said it to herself.

 

"Well....go inside then. Get some rest. You'll race at 10 o'clocktomorrow, 'rite? I.....we all believe in you."

Gyuri nodded and said, "Eunhyuk-shi…again, thanks. For the LF3 ….and this….” She looked at her palm. “……see ya tomorrow in paddock."

Eunhyuk gave her his brightest smile, replying tenderly, “That’s no prob, my dear Beautilia.”

 

In surprise, Gyuri thought, “He remembers…….” She recalled how Eunhyuk used to call her that --acronym for a Beauty Camellia— since they’re in junior high school. It’s a special name only for her, to appease her whenever she’s in blue or gloomy. Feeling hotter in her cheeks, reluctantly she shuffled away.