If He Confesses 0.5

Confessions...

"Song-Choi can I ask you something? It's about dating." Ki-Hyun sat at his desk studying for his class tommorow while his roommate played videogames.

"What about it?" Song-Choi answered as he mindlessly grabbed a handful of popcorn from a bowl.

"You ever dated someone who wasn't Korean?"

"You mean have I ever  'kicked it' with someone who wasn't korean, Yeah"

"No I mean date. like go on dates, take her to dinner, maybe meet her family, you ever done all that."

"Nah"

"Would you?"

"Sure if she cared about me enough and I cared about her enough I don't see why not."

"You wouldn't care what others thought?"

"Nope. Wouldn't matter still. My relationships consist of only two people me and her, so that's all who should be concerned about it." Song-Choi said all these things without taking his eyes form his videogame."Using what I've learned from my psychology class I sense that you are considering dating someone who's not korean, correct?"

"Yeah. It's my friend Lelani."

Song-Choi dropped his videogame and stared at Ki-Hyun "You mean The Lelani. The black Lelani, I didn't know you were friends with her. They say if Nina Simone and Malcolm X had a kid it'd be her."

"Yes that Lelani."

"I don't mean to break your courage but...I don't think she'd go for someone like you. No offense."

"She doesn't seem like that."

"'She doesn't seem like that' Ki-Hyun you're friends right?"

"Yeah."

"...and has she ever given you a reason to think she wants to be more than friends?"

"No, but that doesn't mean she wouldn't want to be?" Ki-Hyun began to rub his eyes with his fingers. "You're suppose to be encouraging me not the opposite."

"As long as we've been friends you should know that I'm a natural pessimist."

"I'm done having this conversation with you can we  focus on something else..." Just then Ki-Hyun's stomach growled. "...like where is the pizza we ordered over an hour ago?"

Bang Bang Bang

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lani! I need you to run the rest of these orders for me." Lelani had just returned from making four pizza deliveries all over campus. Two customers didn't give her a tip and two were a few bucks short, which typically she woudln't mind because the tips would cover the shortages but on days like today it would be coming out of her paycheck.

"Come on Joey it's past eleven o'clock and I was off at eight." Lelani had started taking off her uniform vest.

"I know but I had three call-off 's today. It's only me, and Troy today." Joey said as he continued making pizzas.

"Why am I doing delieveries though? I don't even have a car. I gotta bike, and carrying seven pizza's on it is not cutting it."

"Lani, you're my most reliable employee." Joey dusted the flour off his hands. "I tell you what, do these last deliveries, close up and clean up, I'll give you overtime and I'll give you an hundred dollar advance." Joey was holding his hands as if to pray and was giving this killer puppy dog face.

"I'll do whatever just never make that horrid expression again." Lelani picked up seven pizza boxes and started out the door.

"You're a saint Lani!" She heard Joey shout over his shoulder.

She looked at the tickets for the orders so she could plan out her routes."Great seven orders in five different residential halls at least they're all close together."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lelani arrived on the 12 floor of Parker Hall. She was breathing heavily as she placed her hands on her knees and tried to calm her breathing."Last one finally." She stood stragiht and to notice of the loud music though the door and rolled her eyes. "Great know I gotta pound like I'm the doggone police." She proceeded to pound on the door with as much strength she could muster.

Bang Bang Bang

"Pizza Planet! " She shouted though the door, the music turned down and the door abruptly opened.

"It's about damn time!" Some asian guy said as he came to the door with a contrller in his hand and no shirt on. Lelani had already had a rough enough day but couldn't risk losing her job for going off on a customer. She put on her most polite voice.

"I do apologize for the convience..." Lelani eyed the ticket "Mr. Jang Song Chewy?  but we were short staffed today and your elevator was out."

"It's Song-Choi actually..."

"I figured. The guy who took your order over the phone was probably in a rush. Sorry about that."

"I'm sorry too, me and my roomate are just really hungry. I didn't mean to sound rude..." He started eyeing my name tag like an old man with cataracs.

"...Lelani" She concluded for him.

Song-Choi leaned back and suddenly started speaking louder. "Oh your name is Le-La-Ni..."

Lelani started giving the guy this weird look to match the vibe she was getting. "Yeaahhh...That'll be 9.89"

"O-Kay Le! La! Ni! I'll get the money for the pizzas." Song-Choi continued speaking even louder and exggerating her name with each syllable. She suddenly heard rustling from behind the door and it sounded like someone got hurt.

"Lelani?" Ki-Hun suddenly appeared next to his roomate, not long before he compeletely pushed him out of the way. "Wh-what are you doing here?"

"I'm delivering your pizza." She motioned towards the box, sitting on her hip.

"Oh" He started patting his pockets for his wallet. "I didn't know you worked for Pizza Planet. I thought you worked at the smoothie place?"

"I do but that's only in the morning and weekends."

He flipped through the wallet and gave her the money "Quite the renaissance woman I see..."

She started to laugh. "Yeah you could say that." She took the cash from him while she gave him the pizza. "Thanks Lelani."

"For what?"

"Uh...the..pizza..." He started scratching his head. Lelani gave him a confused look.

"Well that's usually how it goes...when you order pizza."

"Oh yeah, well I guess I'll see you around then..." He started to close the door.

"Hold on Ki-Hyun!"

"Do I owe you more." Lelani started smiling. "Not at all. It's just you gave me an hundred not a ten."

"That's okay it's a tip."

"Are you sure?" Ki-Hyun nodded his head. "You must be insane to tip that much for a pizza. But I appreciate it." Lelani started to walk away, but Ki-Hyun decided that this would be a good time to ask her out, since she was already there. "Hey Lelani..."

She turned around. "Changed your mind huh...?"

"No not that. I wanted to ask you something...but if you're in a rush I can ask you later."

"Not really. You were my last delivery so you can go ahead."

"I-I was wondering if you wanted to...h-hang out tomorrow..."

"...I thought we were already hanging out tomorrow? Aren't you going to come with the rest of us to the fair?"

"No I mean like..." Ki-Hyun was getting more nervous. He had hoped she would've caught on by now, but if he had been crushing on her this long, without her noticing who knows how he could be more obvious. "J-just you and me *cough cough* alone and since I like you, and you like me, but I like you more than a friend, and IwantYouToLikeMeAsMoreThanJustAFriendTooSo I just thought" Ki-Hyun was speakign faster with each word he said. When he was done he started starring at Lelani trying to read her face for an answer before her words did.

Crap she's still thinking.

She's trying to let me down easy.

I'm in to deep.

No going back now.

I spoke to fast.

I think I said something Korean.

Maybe I can make her think she misheard me.

"Ki-Hyun did you hear me?" She started waving her hand in front of his face.

"I understand. I was just kind of hoping...wait did you say yes or no?"

"I said yes. Just text me the time and place and I'll meet you there. I gotta get back to Pizza Planet and lock up."

"Really? Okay then I'll text you later."

"Bye." Lelani waved goodbye and began to walk away as Ki-Hyun closed the door to his dorm. Song -Choi was looking directly at him eating the last slice of pizza.

"Man you are better than cable. 'H-hi Lelani, I-I-I was just thinking...' dude if I didn't know you I'd think you were a just from.." Song-Choi motioned towards Ki-Hyun "whatever that was. Was it even a confession? Was that some weird form of flirting or...?" Ki-Hyun threw a pillow at Song-Choi's head but missed. "Shut up. Like you could do any better. When's the last time you had an actual relationship and not a one-nighter?"

"I most certainly can do better my friend. I at least know that if I'm going on a date with a girl I get her number before I close the door in her face."

"I have her..." Ki-Hyun suddenly felt like the biggest idiot ever. "Dude you're supposed to be my wing man. why didn't you say anything." Ki-Hyun opened the door in hopes that maybe he could catch Lelani before she left but the hallway was empty as a ghosttown.

Ki-Hyun leaned agianst the door and fell to the floor as he rested his head between his knees." You're the worst best friend ever."

"Experience is the best teacher, my friend." Song-Choi stated as he caught a grape in his mouth.