If She Confesses 0.5

Confessions...

"Ki-Hyun can I ask you question?"

Ki-Hyun were in the library working on a parterned class project. Both Lelani and Ki-Hyun worked simultaneosly on either side of the computer table.

"If I say no are you going to ask any way." Ki-Hyun responded disinterestedly.

"Yup."

"Then why even ask?"

"Common courtesy."

"What's your question?"

"You have to answer honestly like God is breathing down your neck okay?"

Ki-Hyun sighed loudly."Stop playing games we have to finish this."

"I am serious. Are you listening."

"Your voice is so loud it's hard not to." Lelani flexed her arm as if she were going to punch him.

"If you do that I'm going to leave and make you finish this project by yourself. We've already spent enough time messing around and unless the next thing you say has to do with the theory of supply and demand I'm finishing this project by myself and I'm reporting you to the professor."

"I'm reporting you to the professor." Lelani said in a mocking voice while making faces. Ki-Hyun started to pack his bag and stood up to leave.

"Okay, okay, okay, okay I'm gonna be super serious from now on. That's a two time promise." Ki-Hyun rolled his eyes and reluctantly sat back down and the two spent the next three hours working on their project and only exchanged dialogue when Ki-Hyun wanted to make sure Lelani was staying on task or if Lelani had a relevant question to ask. Lelani had been operating on pure adrenaline alone when she had finally finsihed her last portion of their project.

"Where are you going?" Ki-Hyun questioned as he noted Lelani starting stood to leave.

"I'm going to bed." She spoke flatly.

"You're not done yet." Ki-Hyun stated.

"Yes I am. I sent you everything I've done. All you have to do is add your portion,make sure you add your name after mine on the title page, save it to your flashdrive and send it to Professor in the next 15 minutes." Ki-Hyun couldn't help but notice a slight edge to Lelani's voice, but decided to acknowledge it.

"Let me see it."

"What?" Lelani responded with her hand on her hip.

"Let me see it."

"I did my part what more do you want?"

"My name's on this too and I want to make sure everything is perfect."

"I could say the same about you but you don't see me double-checking everything you do?"

"I didn't mean it like that, it's just that this counts for 80% of ..."

"...yeah whatever. My computer is still open so you can feel free to knick-pick as much as you want." Lelani pushed open the door of the library and left angrily.

"Girls and their periods..." Ki-Hyun stated as he shook his head from side-to-side. He moved to Lelani's computer  to read over her work but by the second paragraph he didn't need to read anymore. She was an amazing writer and Ki-Hyun regretted ever doubting her. He closed the window but was caught off guard at what popped up next.

"How to tell a guy you like him"

It was a blog were girls could submit their questions about relationships and it looked like Lelani was in the middle of submitting one herself.

Dear Big Sister,

I have a major crush on this guy in my business marketing class but I don't think he see's me as anything more than a nusance. I want to tell him I have feelings for him but I'm not sure how he'll react. Did I mention I'm black and he's asian? Does that combination even happen? Is there a way to confess without...

"Lelani likes me?"

"No way..."

"It just said Asian and there's like twenty guys in our class who are asian."

"Yeah, but how many of them does she actually talk too?"

"She's never made an effort to be more than friends."

"Maybe that's what she wanted to ask me earlier."

"I don't treat her like a nusance do I?"

"You did disregard her earlier."

"Damn!"

After having an internal debate with himself he sent the project, gathered his things and hoped he could catch Lelani before it was too late. He started to make his way down the hall to leave the building when he heard a familiar voice.

"I'm coming I'm just stuck at the library."

"No it's raining like crazy and my umbrella broke earlier."

"I don't know, maybe because the wind was traveling at like 50 miles an hour, blew it clear into the street and got ran over by an 18-wheeler."

"Are you serious? I can't run! Our dorm is clear on the other side of campus; my hair will be a mess."

"I'll be fine don't wait up for me."

"What?"

"Oh that...It didn't go well. I think it's a sign from the almighty heavens."

"Who asked about me?"

"Troy James?"

"He's cute but I heard he's been wtih everyone and their aunt and I'm not down for that."

"A date? Sure why not, I got nothing else to do Saturday."

Ki-Hyun recognized the voice instantly.Lelani sounded like she was having a conversation with her roommate. He figured he should act now since the opportunity presented itself. Ki-Hyun emerged from around the corner and walked up behind her.

"We meet again..." Ki-Hyun said a lot deeper than intended and ended up scaring Lelani. She jumped slightly, turned around punched the stranger in the gut and kneeded him in his groin and prepared to do so again until Ki-Hyun spoke up and held his hands out in protest.

"Lela stop! " "For the sake of my future children please stop." Ki-Hyun tried to catch his breath as he laid on the floor clutching his valuables.

"Ki-Hyun!" She knelt beside him. "What the hell is wrong with you. You do not sneak up on a person, especialy if their dad was in the military."

"I'm sorry for scaring you." Ki-Hyun spoke between breathes.

"You don't need to apologize. I should be asking if you're okay?" Lelani said as she helped Ki-Hyun back onto his feet.

"I'm fine. I was just going to ask you if wanted me to walk you home."

Lelani stepped back sightly "What?"

Ki-Hyun began to second-guess himself. Maybe he had misinterpretted everything and it wasn't him she liked after all. "I mean you don't seem to have an umbrella and I do so I just..."

"Okay." Lelani answered

"Okay?" Ki-Hyun questioned.

Lelani began to take the umbrella from his hand, but Ki-Hyun pulled back. "You're not gonna hog the umbrella are you?"

"No I-I-I just prefer to hold it for you instead."

"Always the gentleman huh?" Ki-Hyun was really becoming flustered by Lelaniall of a sudden. 'Has she always been this forward?' Ki-Hyun wondered.

"Actually you know what..." Lelani was peeking past Ki-Hyun's shoulder. "... the rain seems to have stopped for now so I'll take you up on that offer next time." She began to walk to her dorm.

"Wait!" Ki-Hyun said sooner than he could think it over.

"Speak fast cause I'm tired." Lelani called over her shoulder.

"Your question...from earlier...you never told me what it was..." Lelani stopped walking.

"I was going to ask if you'd go on a date with me?" She said over her shoulder.

"Sure."

"Sure what?"

"Sure I'll go on a date with you." Lelani turned around questioningly. "I'm going to be honest. Up until this moment I've only see you as a friend..." Lelanis uddenly became very interested in the concrete beneath her feet. Ki-Hyun stepped closer and placed a hand on her shoulder. "...but that doesn't mean I'll always feel that way."

Lelani continued to avoid eye-contact with Ki-Hyun "That's okay I understand. Shoot! We could go on a date and I decide your nothing but a scrub who wasn't worth my time in the first place."Lelani shrugged and finally looked Ki-Hyun in the face.

Ki-Hyun nervously chuckled "Yeah...a scrub."

"Relax I'm only kidding." Lelaniwalked away facing Ki-Hyun. "Meet me at the mellow mushroom Friday at 7:30."

a/n* Should I do a chapter about their date? Heck Yeah! or Heck No!