If She Confesses 1.0

Confessions...

I waited patiently at the mellow mushroom for Ki-Hyun to arrive. He was running a little late which was bad for me becuase I began over thinking everything and becoming more anxious by the minute.

"I should've put on a fruitier deodorant, this smells like aftershave."

"Did I tell him the right time?"

"Maybe he went to the wrong restarunt."

"What if he got hit by a bus and is in a coma?"

"Wil he be a vegetable for the rest of his life?"

My mind was beginning to fill with second thoughts and stood up to leave, until I bumped into what felt like a brick wall."I hope you aren't backing out now. You did invite me ya know." I quickly sat back down and cleared my throat to think of a reply that didn't sound completely dumb."No I was just going to freshen up in the bathroom." I put my phone in my pocket and took in a moment to take in Ki-Hyun's appearance. He looked really nice. I wasn't one to judge someone based on there appearance but I was glad to see that he had put in some effort. I placed my hand in my lap and exhaledas I thought of what to say.

"Are we going to speak or just stare at each other?"

"Right, How old are you, what do you do for fun, what's your religious affiliation if any, how many siblings do you have, are you a , have you ever dated outside of your race, what laguages can you speak, what do you plan to do after college..."

"Okay hold on." I stopped talking as Ki-Hyun put his hands up in protest. "In the words of Drake you went '0 to 100 real quick'"

I began to feel embarassed and started playing with my fingers like I had never seen them before. "Sorry..."

"Ani-yo." I heard him say that word that I had heard before but I couldn't place the context before he continued talking. "Don't apologize I like it." I began to relax my shoulders at the idea of doing something right."I'm 22, I like making music, I'm Christian, I have a older brother and sister, I am not a , only ever dated koreans, I can speak korean, english and a hint of japanese, and lastly, I intend on finishing all my educaton here and going back to Korea the second I graduate to work in my family business or to start a career as a music producer." I must have looked lost becuase he gave me a questioning look. "Where did I lose you?"

"You didn't. I heard it all. I just thought you were going to keep going." I saw our waitress and waved her over.

"I meant to tell you that I had already ordered our food but I meant to get you a drink as well." Just then our waitress arrived with pen in hand and other hand on her hip.

"Well look who decided to show? Seeing as you're here I'm asuming you want something to drink?"

"Yeah can I have a sprite please?"

"Ofcourse not" She smield as she answered."Your pizza will be done in about 5 minutes and I'l bring it out alright?"
 She began to walk away and just as she was out of ear-shot Ki-Hyun suddenly leaned forward across the table, as I leaned back form the table. He looked at me questionignly.

"I wasn't trying to kiss you weirdo. I was going to ask you something."

"I know that." I quickly responded. "I just didn't like you all in my personal space."

"Yeah right. But anyway, I was going to ask you if I was late?"

"Yeah"

"Yeah what?"

"Yeah you were late."

"You said 8:30"

"No I said 7:30" I responded.

"You're just trying to make me feel guilty." He leaned back cooly. "Seriously was I late though?"

"I'm not answering a quesiton I already answered." Ki-Hyun still didn't seem satisfied with my response.

"Well than answer all the quesitons you asked me earlier." I began to think about what all I had asked him and started to answer. "Wait nevermind, you've had too much time to think about them. I'm going to ask new questions and you have to answer them within 3 seconds or else." Who is this guy the Godfather? I thougth to myself.

"Who are you the Godfather?"

"Question one, how many places have you lived?"

"Three"

"Name them."

"Alabama, Europe, and Puerto Rico"

"Where was your first Job"

"At McDonalds"

"How much do you weigh?"

"190"

"How tall are you?"

"Five feet, five inches"

"Favorite Color?"

"Dark purple"

"If you could be doing anything besides be here what would it be?"

"Drawing"

"A song that discribes your life?"

"My Kind of Love By Emeli Sande"

"How many guys have you slept with?"

"..."

I was prepared to answer when our waitress showed up with our pizza and drinks. I was glad though because I really didn't want to answer that question. If I told him I was  who knows what would happen. I had heard plenty of stories where girls tell guys they're s and the guy works ten times over trying to deflower her to break-up with her the next day. I'm sure Ki-Hyun isn't like that but I still didn't want to be that open, it was just our first date.

"Alright I got a medium cheese and medium supreme for to love birds. Careful darlin's cause it's hot and I need your good tippin' to make a livin." Ki-Hyun and I both smield at her words as she walked off to another table. We proceeded to say grace and then we ate in silence. When we were finished Ki-Hyun was the first to speak.

"So Lelani why do you like me?" I was still in mid-chew so I took that time to think of an honest answer. "Was it my killer looks, my chocolate bar six pack..."

"Not exactly...wait you have a six-pack?" That statement caught me off guard but I was pretty sure it was just a bluff because he started smiling. I couldn't tell if it was a 'She-fell-for-that' smile or a 'Yeah-baby-I-got-a-body-like-that' smile. "I guess the first things I noticed about you was your confidence. Even before I every talked to you it kind of emitted from you like...like?...a fart." Oh crap please tell me he did not hear that last part. Well he's laughing so probably. I hid my face in my hands. "Just pretend you didn't hear that last part 'kay?"

"No way. That is one for the books." He was still laughing. "I've never had my confidence compared to a fart before."

"It's you're fault. You're the one ditracting me by saying you have chocolate-bar abs!"

"Whatever you say."

"Besides wouldn't it be White-Chocolate bar abs since..." I crossed my arms over my chest "that would be a more realistic representaion considering..."

He leaned back and rolled his jaw "Oh you got jokes huh?"

"Don't serve what you can't eat." Before he could even think of a response our waitress returned.

"Is there anything else I can get you two?"

I shook my head no. "No I think I'm good. You?"

"Can I take this with me?" Ki-Hyun asked.

"Sure thing. I'll be back." She quickly left while Ki-Hyun just stared at each other trying to think of what else to say.

"Ki-Hyun, were you nervous about this date at all? Don't give me some cocky answer either, I mean seriously nervous...?"

"Seriously?" He paused. "No, becuase I already knew you liked me and I already know you as a friend and you're pretty cool so I wasn't worried about you being crazy or something..."

"How did you know I liked you?"

"When you left the library you left a window open."

"Yeah,so? You said you wanted to see my project."

"I'm not talking about that window. I mean the blog..."

Oh crap. 'You weren't meant to see that..." I hid my face in my hands again. Until someone pulled them away.

"It nothing to be embarassed about. You could have just told me."

"Yeah right..."

"I'm serious. You're a mysteriuos person Lelani. You tend to hide your emotions whenever I see you. Tonight is the most I've seen you show any expression other than a poker face and I liked that. I was surprised you liked me at first because I never thought a girl like you would be interested in me..."

Our waitress suddenly appeared. "Alright here's the check and here's your container. Enjoy the rest of your evening."

I reached for the check but I guess Ki-Hyun had the same idea because are hands brushed each others." What are you doing? I'm paying silly." I quickly pulled the check book towards me.

"No you're not..." He quiclky reached forward but missed and kocked over my drink into my lap. I quickly stood up to clean myself off. Ki-Hyun began to lose hsi cool a little."I didn't mean to...Let me help you." He stood up holding a napkin and started to rubbing around my 'sacred origin'.

"Ki-Hyun stop"

"Not it'll stain if..." I grabbed both of his wrist.

"Ki-Hyun I'd rather have it stain than to have you all in my goods." A lightbulb suddenly clicked his head and he started turning red. "I'm sorry I wasn't trying to..." I waved my hand as I started to wrap my jacket around my waist. "Geez, we havent' even had a first kiss and you all in my pudding." I started laughing to make him relax some. "We'll I guess I'll see you in class..." As I started to walk past him, he reached for my arm. "Wait, I need your number?" I reached for his phone and quickly put it in. "You're asking for my number? You make this feel like a actual date."

"Bye guys!" exclaimed our wiatress as we left. We waved back.

"Well I have to make sure my girl gets home safe right?" I turned around to face him. "Your girl? I'm just your friend remember?" He placed his hand on my shoulder. "What if I want don't want to be just friends anymore?" I removed his hand from my shoulder. "How about we think about it and let each other know tuesday how we feel about the other?" Ki-Hyun reached for my hand and held it in his briefly."Can I at least kiss you goodnight?" You walked away backwards and shurgged your shoudlers. "I don't kiss my friends goodnight, though.Sorry."

"Let me know when you get back to your dorm okay?" I gave him a thumbs up and continued to walk away.