Everyone Has Feelings For Someone

Can I Like You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The gang finally made it home when they saw someone’s car parked in the driveway. Hanbin recognized that car immediately and grabbed Arlene’s hand before rushing inside the house. The door was already open and he ran straight into the living room where two grown ups and a little girl who was playing with her stuffed bear were sitting. Hanbin let go of Irene's hand and smield hugely.

“Umma! Appa! Hanbyul!” Hanbin hugged his parents and picked up his little sister, giving her a great bear hug. Hanbyul giggled and hugged her older brother back. Mr and Mrs. Kim smiled at the siblings being reunited. Arlene stood there awkwardly as she watched the little family reunion. She wanted to have somebody take notice of her presence but didn't want to ruin the moment. Mrs. Kim however noticed the young girl standing and smiled.

“Arlene.” The said girl looked surprised and looked at Hanbin’s mom. Arlene saw how the elder lady was dressed so classy and elegantly, just like how her mom used to dress. Mrs. Kim stood up from the couch and made her way to Arene and grabbed her hands. Arlene said nothing as she let the woman examine her from head to toe.

“My, I can’t believe it’s been 15 years since I last saw you. I never thought you would look so much like your mother. I always thought you would take more of your dad’s looks. Dear, come look at her.” Mr. Kim made his way over and smiled at Arlene.

“She’s grown so much since the last time we got to see her. Such a shame we couldn't live near you guys. You and Hanbin would’ve known each other by now and be more closer. If only we had the ability to change back time.” Mr. Kim’s voice had a hint of regret in it when finishing his sentences. Arlene was a bit happy to see them. Even though she never really know these people, she felt comfortable and safe around them, as if they were her guardian angels.

“But it’s alright dear, they will have more time in the future to become more acquainted with each other. They’re going to be living together in the future.” Mrs. Kim reassured her husband. Arlene and Hanbin looked at each other a bit confused by Mrs. Him’s words.

“Umma, we’re already living together.” Hanbin said as he put Hanbyul down. His mom smiled a bit more, almost as a grin and looked at her son.

“Well yes but only as roommates. Soon you will be living as husband and wife when you reach your college years. I can’t wait for that time to come”

“WHAT?!” Arlene and Hanbin yelled at the same time.

“OH MY GOD!!” Mr. and Mrs. Kim looked over and saw the rest of the gang standing at the entrance with their mouths hanging wide open. Except for Jinhwan who couldn’t feel more heartbroken. Hanbin shook his head and tried to process ha he just heard coming out of his mother's mouth.

“Umma ---”

“We’ll discuss this later. First, I want to get dinner started and have a chat with Arlene. You boys take Hanbyul out to the park. She’s been wanting to go ever since we got here. Okay?”

“Yes Auntie.” The boys could never defy Hanbin's mom. Never. After they left, Mr. Km went to go the office real quick to handle some unfinished business. That left Arlene and Mrs. Kim alone in the house. Arlene was washing vegetables as Mrs. Kim was getting the rice ready.

“I haven’t had rice in a very long time. It was mainly cheese and bread over in Paris. Never really got into French food that much but it was delicious in some ways. Have you been to Paris Arlene?” Arlene smiled and nodded.

“My mom would always take me there for fashion week. It was our favorite thing to do together.” Arlene felt a little sad remembering her favorite memories with her mother.

“Hah, your mother was one fashionista. She never once stopped talking about clothes and trends. It was all she ever wanted to do. When she created her clothing line, everyone wanted to wear what she made. And then when she had you, all she wanted to do was create the most amazing outfits for you from your baby clothes to your prom dress to your wedding gown. Then repeat the process if you granted her a granddaughter. She was very dedicated towards you as much to her company. She loved you very much.” Mrs. Kim looked over her shoulder when she didn’t hear the water running anymore. She saw Arlene staring at a carrot in her hands and her shoulders shaking. Mrs. Kims often and hugged the poor girl. Arlene started crying hard with snot coming out of her nose. She missed her mother and father so much. All she wished was for them to come back and for things to go back to how they were.

“I want them back. I don’t want anything else. Just give them back.”Arlene sobbed in English.

“I wish they cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter